Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Marshall to Cutler

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Foochacho View Post
    What looked good the interception, the fumble, the five or so other throws that went in and out of the defenders hands, the less than ten yards per completion?

I think people give Cutler way to much credit. Alot of people have this perception that he is great or is going to be great. The guy is still making an insane amount of mistakes. He made so many off balance throws last night that were almost picked off. Yet people just ignore it. He has talent so there for he can't suck.

I thought he performed pretty shitty he is lucky his defense is playing at a high level. At least they can save his ass from the mistakes he makes. I watch these Bear's games and from what I can see he gets luckier than any other QB I have watched on almost being picked off. Maybe it is because he throws it harder than the defenders are used to. But it .seems like every game there is a few balls that go right through the defenders hands. The guy gets lucky usually but then sometimes the defenders actually catch them and he throws 4 or 5 picks in a game.
    He still has some mechanics problems but again, she did say "when he gets a decent oline" he will be better which would be true so as long as he learns to quit throwing off his back foot.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Foochacho View Post
    What looked good the interception, the fumble, the five or so other throws that went in and out of the defenders hands, the less than ten yards per completion?

I think people give Cutler way to much credit. Alot of people have this perception that he is great or is going to be great. The guy is still making an insane amount of mistakes. He made so many off balance throws last night that were almost picked off. Yet people just ignore it. He has talent so there for he can't suck.

I thought he performed pretty shitty he is lucky his defense is playing at a high level. At least they can save his ass from the mistakes he makes. I watch these Bear's games and from what I can see he gets luckier than any other QB I have watched on almost being picked off. Maybe it is because he throws it harder than the defenders are used to. But it .seems like every game there is a few balls that go right through the defenders hands. The guy gets lucky usually but then sometimes the defenders actually catch them and he throws 4 or 5 picks in a game.
    Cutler has the potential to be a great QB. He makes really amazing plays and makes winging the football look easy.

That said, I don't regret for 1 second the decision to ship him. I don't like his growth as a QB, in his maturity level, or leadership. IMO, he just doesn't have the right mentality. That doesn't mean he won't make amazing plays and win some games...his sheer talent alone will guarntee that. I just don't think he ever lives up to the player he could be.

Marshall is just a headcase. I am glad we dumped him as well. His production this year in Miami isn't worth 2 2's and the contract he signed.
    Last edited by Mike; 11-19-2010 at 12:32 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive....

LOL@Collins in that vid.

6. The Following User High Fived ursamajor For This Post:

GEM

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information