Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Profootball Focus Grades Mid Season Report

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Our defensive line hasn't been great, but some of those gradings are real head scratchers.
    which ones bother you???? the jamal and bannan ones are pretty spot on....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Its kind of pleasing to see Marcus Thomas get a B+. He kind of flies under radar. Also, that means the 07 draft wasnt so bad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Our defensive line hasn't been great, but some of those gradings are real head scratchers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    We're 30th in rush defense so those kind of grades are going to be given.

5. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Joe Mays

HUH??? these are actual ratings based of in depth statistics by guys at profootballfocus.com that break down every single game, for every single player, for every single team and every single possible statistic.....they are literally the top stats guys out there
    Thats fine and all, but their grading criteria is still purely subjective. Unless they compare situations that are exactly the same. The purpose of grading is evaluating similar situations. If I were to give you a 1st grade math test and then myself take an advanced calculus test and you got an A and I got a C would you say that then you were better at math than I was? That is the same as comparing a team that has played the 4th place schedule the same as the team playing the 1st place schedule without putting a qualifier in there or grading on a curve.

You know how I feel about these guys and the work they do. I don't think we really need to rehash that argument again.
    “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”

--Vince Lombardi

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

You know how I feel about these guys and the work they do. I don't think we really need to rehash that argument again.
    lol oh yea i remeber now.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    Thats fine and all, but their grading criteria is still purely subjective. Unless they compare situations that are exactly the same. The purpose of grading is evaluating similar situations. If I were to give you a 1st grade math test and then myself take an advanced calculus test and you got an A and I got a C would you say that then you were better at math than I was? That is the same as comparing a team that has played the 4th place schedule the same as the team playing the 1st place schedule without putting a qualifier in there or grading on a curve.
    they do that i just put a letter grade to there ratings which are quite substantial because of copyright issues, there actual criteria on the site is so advanced and so in depth you have to pay 90 dollars a year just for the info...the letter grade is just something i try to do to avoid copyright stuff, but still bring the info here....

there actual ratings are based off serious film watching of every play over and over again, for every team and player every week.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Klug View Post
    Its kind of pleasing to see Marcus Thomas get a B+. He kind of flies under radar. Also, that means the 07 draft wasnt so bad.
    yeah Thomas is actually the 8th rated 3-4 DE in the league right now, we better re-sign him soon before FA hits.....as for the 07 draft class jarvis moss ruined that draft class hands down.....harris and thomas are still with us thank god but moss wil lforever keep the class from being considered a good draft in my eyes...lol

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

overall grades will be based off letters since i cant put the actuall number due to copyright laws
    i'm not sure what that means, especially since i don't know what numbers you're talking about.

i think you're worrying too much. as long as you cite the source for anything you post here you're golden. the problem is taking credit for something you didn't write/create.

and, of course, the mods will tell you to link back to the source pages, out of courtesy.

as for the grades of these players, they're meaningless without stating the methods/criteria for judgement.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by rationalfan View Post
    i'm not sure what that means, especially since i don't know what numbers you're talking about.

i think you're worrying too much. as long as you cite the source for anything you post here you're golden. the problem is taking credit for something you didn't write/create.

and, of course, the mods will tell you to link back to the source pages, out of courtesy.

as for the grades of these players, they're meaningless without stating the methods/criteria for judgement.
    no actually when you sign up as a member there there premium stats cant not be posted anywhere without violating copyright laws its in the user agreement when you pay the 90 a year.....and i knwo for a fact its legit as a webiste that was using there stats without premission is now being sued.....

and you cant link back to the source pages since its for paying members only....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information