Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: As A white fan???

Default As A white fan???

Originally Posted by PatrickdaDookie
    Personally, I find it hard for a player to attribute racism to a sport where 70% of the players are his race. A 15% population minority accounts for 70% of the players in the NFL. Think about that...

When will the NFL be racially fair? When 70% of coaches, QBs, and kickers are black, too? As a white fan, I find this whole argument to be stupid, period. Either you are good and people cheer for you, or you stink and people hate you. That's the NFL, and it's the same for everyone.

This is off our old board,,what the heck does (as a white Fan) have to do with the discussion??

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by BANJOPICKER1 View Post
    Personally, I find it hard for a player to attribute racism to a sport where 70% of the players are his race. A 15% population minority accounts for 70% of the players in the NFL. Think about that...

When will the NFL be racially fair? When 70% of coaches, QBs, and kickers are black, too? As a white fan, I find this whole argument to be stupid, period. Either you are good and people cheer for you, or you stink and people hate you. That's the NFL, and it's the same for everyone.

This is off our old board,,what the heck does (as a white Fan) have to do with the discussion
    ??
    It means nothing. Whether you are a green, blue, black, white, fan...all that matters is winning. You could have 14 eyes, bleed purple, and have turqouis skin...it doesn't matter if you are MY QB and winning games for me.

This topic could go on and on and on...and get deeper adn deeeper but is a good discusion. Lets see how it turns out.....

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    It means nothing. Whether you are a green, blue, black, white, fan...all that matters is winning. You could have 14 eyes, bleed purple, and have turqouis skin...it doesn't matter if you are MY QB and winning games for me.

This topic could go on and on and on...and get deeper adn deeeper but is a good discusion. Lets see how it turns out.....

No no No it would have to be orange or blue..

Some folks have to have equal numbers to be or feel equal.

But the fact is that in this world it is not gonna happen in this lifetime. While I am not as gifted an athlete as most blacks in the NFL in fact none of them. I do not feel that 70%of the players need to be white because of demographics in the United States.

That makes as much sense as 70 percent of the coaches, owners and fans should have to be black.
    Last edited by Lonestar; 09-19-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    No no No it would have to be orange or blue..
    Good point,never thunk of it that way!!

This is off our old board,,what the heck does (as a white Fan) have to do with the discussion??
    i agree with him...sorry but i do. mcnab made a very racist remark and has this complex that the nfl has sooooo many more racial barriers to break. i think its a load of crap! mcnab is a hyporcryte and fired away at limbaugh but he in his own mind can fire out comments like that and stand by them. his interview on nfl.com speaks for itself. mcnab and barry bonds need to start going to self help meetings.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    i agree with him...sorry but i do. mcnab made a very racist remark and has this complex that the nfl has sooooo many more racial barriers to break. i think its a load of crap! mcnab is a hyporcryte and fired away at limbaugh but he in his own mind can fire out comments like that and stand by them. his interview on nfl.com speaks for itself. mcnab and barry bonds need to start going to self help meetings.
    I understand your point but are you a white fan??That sounds so wrong I almost got sick!

I understand your point but are you a white fan??That sounds so wrong I almost got sick!
    do you mean am i a fan of whites or a white fan?

i am a fan of the best player regardless of skin color. but i am white and its totally irrelavant to how i view players or people in general. donavan is playing a double standard, this is what i have a problem with.

do you mean am i a fan of whites or a white fan?
    Both!! that sounds so wrong,shouldnt it be I am a bronco fan,or a RB fan??Now its getting into a new area when we are stating we are a white or a black fan.Are we not a player fan??the best guy we think plays RB or QB or whatever?

Both!! that sounds so wrong,shouldnt it be I am a bronco fan,or a RB fan??Now its getting into a new area when we are stating we are a white or a black fan.Are we not a player fan??the best guy we think plays RB or QB or whatever?
    i see your point but you specifically asked if i was white. so i gave you the answer.

i just think it insanse to be honest.

he hasnt proven anything other than he gets hurt for no reason (running out of bounds and blows someting in his leg) and is definately not off to a good start this year.

that the life of an NFL QB, white or black if your not living up to expectation (especially in Philly) you are going to hear about it.

All you have to do is look around the entire league you could find a QB situation in nearly every team within the last 5-10 years that have had QB problems/controversy

Rex grossman . . . . hes white and ive never seen somebody be as bashed as him
    Eli . . . . gotta be tough to live up to both Dad and Big Bro
    Big Ben . . . . last year he was terrible
    Jake . . . . sorry guys i had to

the list goes on and on. that and the fact that many of them have so much potential and fizz out . . . . A. Smith a few years back Culpepper, McNabb is on his way it looks like (he is still a great QB but i lost ALL respect for him after these comments) then you could look at the poster boy of not living up to expectations and visit Vick in his cell.

the fact is if your not doing as good as you should/ could be doing then you will hear about it

thats all i have to say about this, it really upsets me that people still pull the race card in situations like this, too be honest in all my life i can not recall ever seeing a racist situation or anything close to it (on the serious end of it, of course you get the occasional race joke and such)
    ------
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    ------

i see your point but you specifically asked if i was white. so i gave you the answer.
    If you were a white fan..
    A fan of ONLY white players,I am white but I only care about how the player plays,not their color.

Lets not get into an area, that will make enemies here.

Fans are fans and lets let it go at that!

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    i just think it insanse to be honest.

he hasnt proven anything other than he gets hurt for no reason (running out of bounds and blows someting in his leg) and is definately not off to a good start this year.

that the life of an NFL QB, white or black if your not living up to expectation (especially in Philly) you are going to hear about it.

All you have to do is look around the entire league you could find a QB situation in nearly every team within the last 5-10 years that have had QB problems/controversy

Rex grossman . . . . hes white and ive never seen somebody be as bashed as him
    Eli . . . . gotta be tough to live up to both Dad and Big Bro
    Big Ben . . . . last year he was terrible
    Jake . . . . sorry guys i had to

the list goes on and on. that and the fact that many of them have so much potential and fizz out . . . . A. Smith a few years back Culpepper, McNabb is on his way it looks like (he is still a great QB but i lost ALL respect for him after these comments) then you could look at the poster boy of not living up to expectations and visit Vick in his cell.

the fact is if your not doing as good as you should/ could be doing then you will hear about it

thats all i have to say about this, it really upsets me that people still pull the race card in situations like this, too be honest in all my life i can not recall ever seeing a racist situation or anything close to it (on the serious end of it, of course you get the occasional race joke and such)

couldnt of said it any better SB. mcnab doesnt realize that ALL qbs get scrutinized. now he's pulling the black vs white issue into the press. what a complete idiot.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information