Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: As A white fan???

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by BANJOPICKER1 View Post
    The whole reason I copyed the post that I started the thread with was to ask what you thought they meant by the post..No attacks,just wanted to know what everyone thought he was getting at???re-read the 1st post..
    Well thats one thing, but specify that.

We don't need to be like the "other" board. But, if you choose to copy something over and stir up something make it known that it was taken from another board.

Off topic, but I am sick and tired of all this "other board"...the "other place' ... from the "other forum" stuff....

Sorry,

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    Well not everyone I remember a lot of boos when he did something less than Elway esque.

But then most of the same fans in DEN did so when any QB black or white made bad plays. John because of th expectations, Jake for whatever reasons. Bubby got his and greasy well he was loved by few.
    Hey - I was at Mile High thru all of John's career - and there were times he got boos ALSO.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Well thats one thing, but specify that.

We don't need to be like the "other" board. But, if you choose to copy something over and stir up something make it known that it was taken from another board.

Off topic, but I am sick and tired of all this "other board"...the "other place' ... from the "other forum" stuff....

Sorry,
    I did in my 1st post mention it was from the other place..I didnt mean to stir the pot either,I was wondering if we here could figure out what he meant..Dont go getting all crazy until you understand what I wanted to know and I also suggest you fully read the 1st post...

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Hey - I was at Mile High thru all of John's career - and there were times he got boos ALSO.
    You remember there were people who wanted to run him out of town.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

since were sorta on the topic....when do you guys see denver getting a black qb? i know cutler will be around for awhile but come to think of it denver hasnt had one in many many years. now imo i think clubs should go after the best qb available and the best qb to build around team and scheme wise. if you target a qb like vick then you really need your whole offense to adapt to his playing style...same with the pocket/gunslinger type.

a guy like pennington could be pretty hard to build a shanahan style offense around. chad seems to be precise but isnt good with the deep passes. then you have a guy like plummer who does great at the bootleg and you can come in with a whole differant playbook.

now days i thinks qbs need to have a little of everything. this league is evolving and it seems like qbs are starting to adapt to the playing styles.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    You remember there were people who wanted to run him out of town.

-----
    You bet there were. He had some tough times here, and he proved them wrong. That is what any QB needs to do. Let his play on the field do the talking for him. If you are winning games, you are not going to get booed.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

I'm sorry that was what I was trying to say, because of the expectations and all the money he was making him being the 7 million dollar man. peanuts today.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    since were sorta on the topic....when do you guys see denver getting a black qb? i know cutler will be around for awhile but come to think of it denver hasnt had one in many many years. now imo i think clubs should go after the best qb available and the best qb to build around team and scheme wise. if you target a qb like vick then you really need your whole offense to adapt to his playing style...same with the pocket/gunslinger type.

a guy like pennington could be pretty hard to build a shanahan style offense around. chad seems to be precise but isnt good with the deep passes. then you have a guy like plummer who does great at the bootleg and you can come in with a whole differant playbook.

now days i thinks qbs need to have a little of everything. this league is evolving and it seems like qbs are starting to adapt to the playing styles.
    I think Denver would have jumped for Culpepper, but he was probably a bit
    too expensive. He would have been an upgrade over Ramsey, though, IMO.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

You bet there were. He had some tough times here, and he proved them wrong. That is what any QB needs to do. Let his play on the field do the talking for him. If you are winning games, you are not going to get booed.
    But he was close to hanging them up also because of the fan and media pressure.

Remember J Jackson??We all wanted to see him play but I cant remember ever seeing it,he got cut...

-----

no doubt....i think they didnt justify spending all that money to see him sit on a bench. and after last years qb controversy with jay/jake i think the didnt want cutler to have culpepper on his mind. i dont think cutler even knows ramsey is around.

Remember J Jackson??We all wanted to see him play but I cant remember ever seeing it,he got cut...
    didnt we sign a black qb to the practice squad? yeah darrel hackney...he looked pretty good in preseason.

sorry everyone...i'm butchering the spelling tonight. my office room is pretty dark.

-----
    I'm not so sure I think they were afraid of his injuries and frankly without being mobile and without Moss, I don't think he is all that great a QB. At least for the money he might have been looking at.

Adopted Bronco:

I remember Jarius in a few games.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I'm not so sure I think they were afraid of his injuries and frankly without being mobile and without Moss, I don't think he is all that great a QB. At least for the money he might have been looking at.
    i was never really high on the guy. i think moss and carter had a lot to do with his success. those 2 recievers could have made even ryan leaf look like a threat.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information