Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't 'touch my junk'

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Embed didn't work.

Here is a 3 year old being searched. What do you do when this is your daughter?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzEad...layer_embedded
    This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Tribune.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Tribune.
    Not surprising.

It was a video of TSA searching a 3 year old girl who was near hysterical and trying to seek comfort from her mother. Tell me what freaking sense it makes to search a 3 year old girl? Someone attempts to do this to my daughter and they better break out the tasers.

If it keeps airplanes in the air and passengers safe then I'm all for doing what they have to do. I guess I'm in the minority, but once the underwear bomber pulled his act it showed that security had to be turned up a notch.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Its probably only the gay TSA dudes that do these searches

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That argument is crap and doesn't deal with the issue. You dont have to drive, own a gun, or ride a bus. And we wouldn't expect you to go through a strip-search for those either. And what happens when the government wants to enforce these rules for trains? For driving on the roads (you don't have to drive). Tim McVeigh killed hundreds of people by renting a Uhaul. Shouldn't we be concerned about that? Strip search or molestation to rent a Uhaul? Or how about this, let's implement this at sporting events? They are, after all, high profile, target rich environments that are relatively soft in security.

I have no problem with these inspections if probable cause exists. But to subject our US citizens, who have done nothing other than be victims of terrorists, to this garbage in the name of "security" is crap. Especially when there is no evidence that this makes anything any safer than what they were already doing. Because with the inspections they had in place before the strip searchs or molestation, I believe you had a better chance of dying driving a car or riding a bike.

In the meanwhile, what is being done about our borders?
    Come on, any person with common sense can understand the difference between a train hijack and a plane hijack. You can run a plane into a building, such as 9/11, while I've never seen, nor heard of, a train disaster causing that much damage or loss of lives.

It's illogical and impossible to search every person renting a truck or driving.

Like I said, the only reason you wouldn't understand the difference is because you don't want to understand the difference.

If you don't want a body scan, don't go for a plane ride.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Its probably only the gay TSA dudes that do these searches
    Hey, if a Catholic priest did this sort of thing, he'd be sent to jail and the church had to shell out millions to the victims. The church of "big government" offers them a much better gig.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

The TSA administrator looks like a weirdo to begin with!! He probably saves all the scans for himself!!

They did a FAQ on the search this morning on the radio, and this was all started because of a man around Christmas last year who tried to board a plane with a bomb in his underwear. Also, to reply to the post above, they also said these machines save NOTHING. They allow the TSA agent to look at the scan, and once someone else is scanned, the previous scan is deleted.

I'm sorry, but at this day and age, this is a necessity. They're trying to keep everyone safe. It's a quick scan for Christ sakes.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I don't necessarily disagree with it, but then again, I am somewhat of an exhibitionist and have been known to invite uncomfortable situations. I have to walk through a scanner every day when entering the building and it is irritating, but I know in this day and age it is a necessity.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBounca View Post
    I'm sorry, but at this day and age, this is a necessity. They're trying to keep everyone safe. It's a quick scan for Christ sakes.
    No, I don't think it is. I think it is taking a scattershot solution to a specific problem. Yes, the Muslim underwear bomber is the main reason we have these scanners today but before that we were attacked by Muslims with box cutters and the TSA was invented to take away all our sharp objects, including granny's knitting needles. Then we had the Muslim shoe bomber and the TSA responded by forcing everyone to have their shoes inspected before we could board the plane. Then we had the Muslim liquid explosive scare so the TSA banned all liquids on the planes, including bottles of deodorants and perfumes, not to mention baby formula, before the plane could take off.

Instead of spending bazillions of tax dollars on scanning or groping men, women and children of all ages and all nationalities before they board a plane, why aren't we scanning people only of Middle Eastern descent or with Muslim backgrounds? There's a common denominator to all these attackers but we aren't allowed to notice because groups like CAIR and the ACLU will get all outraged over it.

It was interesting to note that civil rights groups were the first to protest in support of black people who felt they were victims or "racial profiling", but after 9-11, when people were polled on how to prevent future incidents, the public preference was for (put in gentler terms) racial profiling! Even blacks were in favor of racial profiling Muslim terrorists!

But, in the interests of political correctness and multiculturalism, we aren't allowed to choose the obvious solution. We have cops who aren't allowed to ask an Hispanic to show proof of citizenship because that's "racial profiling" so we simply ignore illegal immigration until we are overrun with it. And we can't check Muslims for suspected terrorism because of "racial profiling" so we force everyone to be stripped naked and fondled for the government's pleasure and we're just told to "get used to it".

"It's for our safety," bleat the statists. No, it's for failure to identify the obvious cause of the problem and apply the obvious solutions to them.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

12. The Following 6 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

If I could grope you a thousad times for that post OH, I would

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

They did a FAQ on the search this morning on the radio, and this was all started because of a man around Christmas last year who tried to board a plane with a bomb in his underwear. Also, to reply to the post above, they also said these machines save NOTHING. They allow the TSA agent to look at the scan, and once someone else is scanned, the previous scan is deleted.

Save nothing? The key part of that sentence is "they said". "They" lie.

http://gizmodo.com/5690749/these-are...yline=true&s=i
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    No, I don't think it is. I think it is taking a scattershot solution to a specific problem. Yes, the Muslim underwear bomber is the main reason we have these scanners today but before that we were attacked by Muslims with box cutters and the TSA was invented to take away all our sharp objects, including granny's knitting needles. Then we had the Muslim shoe bomber and the TSA responded by forcing everyone to have their shoes inspected before we could board the plane. Then we had the Muslim liquid explosive scare so the TSA banned all liquids on the planes, including bottles of deodorants and perfumes, not to mention baby formula, before the plane could take off.

Instead of spending bazillions of tax dollars on scanning or groping men, women and children of all ages and all nationalities before they board a plane, why aren't we scanning people only of Middle Eastern descent or with Muslim backgrounds? There's a common denominator to all these attackers but we aren't allowed to notice because groups like CAIR and the ACLU will get all outraged over it.

It was interesting to note that civil rights groups were the first to protest in support of black people who felt they were victims or "racial profiling", but after 9-11, when people were polled on how to prevent future incidents, the public preference was for (put in gentler terms) racial profiling! Even blacks were in favor of racial profiling Muslim terrorists!

But, in the interests of political correctness and multiculturalism, we aren't allowed to choose the obvious solution. We have cops who aren't allowed to ask an Hispanic to show proof of citizenship because that's "racial profiling" so we simply ignore illegal immigration until we are overrun with it. And we can't check Muslims for suspected terrorism because of "racial profiling" so we force everyone to be stripped naked and fondled for the government's pleasure and we're just told to "get used to it".

"It's for our safety," bleat the statists. No, it's for failure to identify the obvious cause of the problem and apply the obvious solutions to them.
    Wow! Can you be anymore racist? Apparently, it's impossible for someone of another decent to be a terrorist. Timothy McVeigh? Believe it or not, and by the sound of your post, it'll be "not," some Muslims are American born and love this country just as much as you and I do. You want to point the finger and blame all Muslims for the wrong-doing of a few. I worked with a Muslim who was just as heart broken as I (a caucasian) was after 9/11. The only difference is he knew there were people such as yourself out there who would point the finger at him because of his nationality or race.

In short, I don't agree with you at all. I'm still in full swing in checking EVERYONE boarding a plane.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    Save nothing? The key part of that sentence is "they said". "They" lie.

http://gizmodo.com/5690749/these-are...yline=true&s=i
    snap!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Wow! Can you be anymore racist? Apparently, it's impossible for someone of another decent to be a terrorist. Timothy McVeigh? Believe it or not, and by the sound of your post, it'll be "not," some Muslims are American born and love this country just as much as you and I do. You want to point the finger and blame all Muslims for the wrong-doing of a few. I worked with a Muslim who was just as heart broken as I (a caucasian) was after 9/11. The only difference is he knew there were people such as yourself out there who would point the finger at him because of his nationality or race.

In short, I don't agree with you at all. I'm still in full swing in checking EVERYONE boarding a plane.
    Islam is not a race.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information