Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Orton and Lloyd, playing for each other?

Default Orton and Lloyd, playing for each other?

Revenge of the outcasts. No one took these two seriously up to this point of their careers, and I'm sure both are aware that they are short term for Denver with Tebow and Thomas on the horizon.

Nice story. Two buddies making each other a lot of money. Hope it continues.

Orton and Lloyd, playing for each other?
    Man, I totally misread a word the first time I skimmed that title...

...and it was funnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

I guess you could also say they are playing with each other. Pitch and catch. Both guys playing at Pro Bowl level. Who needs Cutler and Marshall?

5. The Following User High Fived robert ethan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by robert ethan View Post
    I guess you could also say they are playing with each other. Pitch and catch. Both guys playing at Pro Bowl level. Who needs Cutler and Marshall?
    who?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

7. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

Why do you feel DT affects Lloyd? Most teams will invest money into 2 good receivers, if they have them.

9. The Following User High Fived ogplife For This Post:

Pretty sure the Broncs see DeMaryius as their number one guy in the very near future. Lloyd better pile up the yardage while he can.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by ogplife View Post
    Why do you feel DT affects Lloyd? Most teams will invest money into 2 good receivers, if they have them.
    Agreed. I don't see Lloyd going anywhere. He is one of the most lethal deep threats in the NFL and seems by all accounts to be a good team guy.

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Agreed. I don't see Lloyd going anywhere. He is one of the most lethal deep threats in the NFL and seems by all accounts to be a good team guy.
    Agreed. If anyone is short term, it has to be Orton. And at this point, im not sure I could argue that he's short term either.
    Lloyd will be with the Broncos for a while if he keeps playing like this.

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived camdisco24 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Thomas Lloyd Royal and Decker are the future. How Tebow and Orton work out in the future... wait and see

Thanks MasterShake!!!

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Lloyd is one of the few guys McDaniels has brought in that has performed beyond expectations. And he cant make that much. When they traded Marshall, the overall depth of the receivers has been what has offset losing Marshall...if anything has. I think it would be a mistake to lose that depth. Denver should continue to hedge its bets with Royal, Lloyd, Thomas, Gaffney, and Decker. If anyone's production falls off, someone could step up.

If theres anything that has been learned from the offensive and defensive lines this year its that this current regime still has a long way to go in terms of assessing what they have on the roster. The Hillis trade alone proves that, but more specific to who has been playing to Denver, they really needed to be right about the two rookies being ready to play on the OLine. They werent. They also needed to be right on Moreno. They missed on that too. And so, I would have big worries about the current regime pointing to 2 or 3 WRs and saying, "those are the guys we're going with" since theyve been big time wrong on that kind of thing before.

This regime needs to hedge its bets and rely on depth as much as possible. This is also why the Jarvis Green signing hurt and why trading DJ Williams could be a big mistake.

I agree about the coaching staff misjudging the O line, but not on Moreno. Perhaps he was taken higher than he should have been, but he did lead all rookie rushers last season, and finished second for OROTY. That is not failure. This season he has been nicked and the blocking hasn't been there for any Bronco runner. But he is just 23 and his best years are ahead.

As for the O line, I guess McDaniels just decided to bite the bullet and build for the future. That isn't much consolation to the veterans who have to pay the price this year, but realistically I don't think Josh expects guys like Orton, Lloyd, Gaffney, and Graham to be around when he has a championship caliber team. Hopefully they all land on their feet elsewhere.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by robert ethan View Post
    Revenge of the outcasts. No one took these two seriously up to this point of their careers, and I'm sure both are aware that they are short term for Denver with Tebow and Thomas on the horizon.

Nice story. Two buddies making each other a lot of money. Hope it continues.
    Oh? Well, they're both playing among the elites at their respective positions. So
    who says either one is short term?

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Lloyd has been revelation--one of the few undebatable bright spots of the season. What's his contract situation?
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Lloyd has been revelation--one of the few undebatable bright spots of the season. What's his contract situation?
    He is signed for this season and next, about 1 million per.

22. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Playing for each other rather than the team? Sounds pretty selfish. Hopefully they are the next egomaniacs shipped out of town.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

24. The Following 6 Users High Fived honz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information