Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign McDaniels to an extension!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    McD, congrats on your first AFC West home win, buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    SuperBowl!!!
    Now We Go!
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

We have recently played better in Oakland than in Denver against the Raiders. It could be a totally different outcome. My measuring stick is the Chargers, since we have been crushed by them the last several years.
    Chargers is a better yardstick, but I don't loathe them like I do the Raiders. I could almost tolerate a 2-14 year that involved a sweep of Oakland, and the prime reason I was able to be more or less reconciled with the (mistaken) firing of Shanahan was that he had lost his dark voodoo mojo over Oakland for some reason.

I hate that team. I hate Al Davis. I hate the ******* pseudo tough guy Raider fans. I hate their history, Ken Stabler, Jack Tatum, Lester Hayes, all of it. I won't buy "Madden" because John Madden coached them. On and on and on goes my obsessive hate. They can't suck enough to satisfy my hate.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

3. The Following 8 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Chargers is a better yardstick, but I don't loathe them like I do the Raiders. I could almost tolerate a 2-14 year that involved a sweep of Oakland, and the prime reason I was able to be more or less reconciled with the (mistaken) firing of Shanahan was that he had lost his dark voodoo mojo over Oakland for some reason.

I hate that team. I hate Al Davis. I hate the ******* pseudo tough guy Raider fans. I hate their history, Ken Stabler, Jack Tatum, Lester Hayes, all of it. I won't buy "Madden" because John Madden coached them. On and on and on goes my obsessive hate. They can't suck enough to satisfy my hate.
    Awesome. I love that kind of hate.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Hey, I may be embittered and angry, but not blind. Fair is fair after all! Now, if he puts that kind of ass-whuppin' on the Raiders I might be open to reconsider. To me beating the Raiders is the bare minimum acceptable standard for Broncos coaches and teams. You can't win a Superbowl every year, but you must beat the Raiders. Beating the Chiefs and Chargers is fine and dandy too, and beating Philip Rivers is bonus, but in the end its all about the Silver and Black
    I agree, the game against the Raiders was one of the toughest games I have ever gone through. I was getting sick to my stomach going into that game yesterday, I was a bundle of nerves. I could not relax, kind of, till we were 32 points up.

I'm just so proud of all of them. Lloyd said on the radio after the SF game that when a team is struggling like the Broncos are that's when finger pointing and complete collapse of locker room can happen. That he was going to look inside himself and see what he could do better and bring to the table. He felt like his team mates would do the same. I'm just soooo happy that they did that. Now if they can play like they did yesterday and not beat themselves, then I will be a happy camper.

Oh what ever voodoo Dr. went down last week, please go back again, getting guys healthy certainly made difference. Seeing the O line having big smiles after the game was priceless!

I just know that my drive to WA tomorrow got a heck of a lot easier.....
    Getting Stoked

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    I agree, the game against the Raiders was one of the toughest games I have ever gone through. I was getting sick to my stomach going into that game yesterday, I was a bundle of nerves. I could not relax, kind of, till we were 32 points up.

I'm just so proud of all of them. Lloyd said on the radio after the SF game that when a team is struggling like the Broncos are that's when finger pointing and complete collapse of locker room can happen. That he was going to look inside himself and see what he could do better and bring to the table. He felt like his team mates would do the same. I'm just soooo happy that they did that. Now if they can play like they did yesterday and not beat themselves, then I will be a happy camper.

Oh what ever voodoo Dr. went down last week, please go back again, getting guys healthy certainly made difference. Seeing the O line having big smiles after the game was priceless!

I'd like to think the Pep talk Elway gave to the team helped as well.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

So you don't like the Raiders.....darn I had the Howie Long Jersey all picked out for you this Christmas................

Got to get to work....my van is not going to pack itself, dang it.
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

I have to applaud the DJ decision. I preached about how the "right" thing to do was to not let him start but make him play, and he was benched for the first series. McD and the rest of the Broncos decision makers get an A for personnel management and motivation from me. On this assignment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

12. The Following 7 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    I'd like to think the Pep talk Elway gave to the team helped as well.
    Elway can be the BRONCOS 'Knute Rockne'! I expect him to be in that locker room standing on the benches giving his speeches every Sunday or gameday!!

Nice concept. The Broncos played a great game yesterday, and McDaniels did a fine job.

And if they offer him an extension I will probably have to become a synchronized swim or figure skating fan or something, or go live in a shack someplace and drink myself into oblivion. He still sucks .
    We'll miss ya.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

His name is John Elway.

We have recently played better in Oakland than in Denver against the Raiders. It could be a totally different outcome. My measuring stick is the Chargers, since we have been crushed by them the last several years.
    ....and they ARE coming off their bye, and prolly getting healthy again.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

McDaniels handled DJ right. He handled Elway right (something Shanahan would never do) and acknowledged that calling on the glory of the franchise might help.

But mostly he figured out how to put the damn ball in the end zone in the first quarter which had been KILLING us all season. Tebow needs to run all our 1st-and-goal series, btw.

Now, just as the Oakland game didn't mean as much without the season-killing loss to SF, this win won't mean as much without a follow-up victory in SD.

SD, Rams, KC in the next 3 weeks. Win two of the three and we'd have something to build on. It starts next week.

But for this week, the Broncos came out of the bye with the angry menace I wanted to see. Taking the Chiefs to the woodshed is a good way to make a statement. Don't - DO NOT - let it fall flat by returning to our losing ways a week later.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

18. The Following 9 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

McD is 1-0 in his last 1 game!

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Italianmobstr7 For This Post:

Denver scored in the red zone...

Denver ran the ball...

Denver stopped the run...

Denver was more physical than the opponent...

Denver 'gave-in' to killer instinct and never let KC off the mat...

Usually, good things happen when a team does that.

Good job, boy's...

(...now, if we could get that effort 12-14 games a season - or make that 19 games a season )

22. The Following User High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

don't think a healthy offensive line matters? Just ask the steelers. NE ate them up!

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived rcsodak For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information