Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: I miss Jrwiz

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I don't have any problem with him.

-----
    like you'd remember it if you did. . .

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    could someone explain MHS to the rest of us?
    On Mania they are called CP or CP messages, and on many other message boards Rep or Rep messages.

It's the messages that show up from other users when you click on "User CP" and scroll down.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I don't either. I know he gets carried away on some of his posts, but there are others who do also. And who knows, the MHS could have been more than a one way street - sending, and also receiving.
    That thought occurred to me, too . . .

-----
    As you two know better than anyone other than other current and former mods, we NEVER ban people based on one event or pick one side of a fight.

So, I think you guys already know the answer to your thoughts....

5. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Depending on how it goes over the next four games with the Broncos results- exile for a month could seem more like a reward than punishment!

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived Jaws For This Post:

I didn't mind JR's sycophantic defense of McD so much. If everyone always agreed the forum would be boring. However he sure did like to make it a little personal which I think is annoying and unproductive.

JR was one of the first posters here to send me a kind word (MHS) when I first started posting. Hopefully the ban can be shortened and he'll be back sooner.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived red98 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by red98 View Post
    I didn't mind JR's sycophantic defense of McD so much. If everyone always agreed the forum would be boring. However he sure did like to make it a little personal which I think is annoying and unproductive.

JR was one of the first posters here to send me a kind word (MHS) when I first started posting. Hopefully the ban can be shortened and he'll be back sooner.
    He's not the only one guilty of that and the one's who instigate the situations! I'm not saying he is a saint nor am I, but I believe all parties should have had a short ban!! And a month is excessive because of this as well!!

11. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

I won't comment on the ban because I don't know the situation and it's not my place anyway, but personally, I'll miss Jr taking pretty much the opposite opinion of every thought I have on McDaniels. That is not sarcasm. As others have said, this place would be awfully boring if we all agreed. I'll admit that when I see he has posted in a McD thread (and which thread doesn't ultimately become a McD thread?) I read his posts first because I know they're going to spark something in me that I'll want to respond to. Hurry back Jr.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

That was my point, really. I'm not saying they were wrong. Just curious, is all.

But I wouldn't respect them if they told everybody about it, either . . .

-----
    That is true. We have probably the fairest system of that type of any board . . .

-----
    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    As you two know better than anyone other than other current and former mods, we NEVER ban people based on one event or pick one side of a fight.

So, I think you guys already know the answer to your thoughts....
    I think you ought to consult all my posts, then you would know the answer . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Just to clarify why the "Attack via MHS" is such a serious offense. Insults in the main forum are out there to be seen by one and all. They can be reported by a Mod, the target of the insult, or by a neutral third party, at which time Mods can edit, decide that it wasn't really an insult, delete entirely, what have you.

Mods can't see MHS comments - only the recipent or Admin can. In the case of Admin they need to specifically look for them amongst the thousands sent daily. he can filter those but its a pain in the wazoo to do it.

That means usually that a MHS sender who gets reported for insulting via MHS can safely assume they know exactly who reported them, unless there were multiple repeated targets. They have been used in past to insult other members behind their backs - maybe even provoking an open response, and its why our reaction to posters doing this is decisive and arguably harsh. Its a totally different offense than merely flaming someone in an open thread.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Maybe Tned should think about letting us have negs to privately tell someone what a POS they are!! It would be a private matter and a negative towards one another!!
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 11-11-2010 at 10:39 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Maybe Tned should think about letting us have negs to privately tell someone what a POS they are!! It would be a private matter and a negative towards one another!!
    I don't think there is a reason for telling anyone they are a POS on this board.
    I have done that, and I have gotten ripped for it by the mods . . . and I should
    have been. (Hopefully, that sort of behavior is forever in my past.)

But that is what the mods are here for. Hand it over to them, and they will take
    care of it. They have demonstrated that ever since this board was founded.

Even in a retaliation where both parties are a part, that still does not excuse
    individual culpability. If the mods take corrective action against a poster, that
    it was a "two-way street" is not a defense. That poster is still guilty.

Hope that makes sense . . .

-----
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 11-11-2010 at 10:38 AM.

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I don't need an explanation how things run, I get it! It doesn't take a mod or ex mod to figure it out!

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I don't need an explanation how things run, I get it! It doesn't take a mod or ex mod to figure it out!
    I didn't personally mean anything by it. Just trying to be helpful to the board.

-----

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

I hear you Nomad.

I will just say that perhaps one side was doing it more, or more excessively... or was guilty in multiple instances, where the other side in this one was not.

I don't know. Maybe it's more to do with the fact that this isn't exactly JR's first rodeo with the banhorse.

I will also say that I've seen a LOT of people who were banned... and seldom do you find one that won't skew it at least a little. Ok... most will flat out lie.

Not saying JR is flat out lying. Just saying his perspective doesn't necessarily tell the whole story. Meanwhile, the mods who have the whole story from both sides as well as conversations with both sides and the moderators as a group... can't really say much if anything.
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived LordTrychon For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

For what it's worth... I was exaggerating when I said JR was half the reason I come here... but he is one of the reasons I come here.

We don't see eye to eye, and I enjoy debating with him on some of those things.

We've always had a decent relationship, and he has never really gone over the edge with me any time that I can really think of, and I respect that.
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

24. The Following User High Fived LordTrychon For This Post:

KCL

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information