Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Godzilla Returns

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    $200,000,000+ and Godzilla doesn't even play in Japan until July!

Godzilla is legendary, with like 30 films, of course it was gonna do well, especially when it is a TRUE Godzilla film.
    Yup, even movies that do poorly here are doing great in the overseas market so I expect Godzilla to clean up.

In related news Gareth Edwards (the director of Godzilla) has signed on to do one of the Star Wars spinoffs:

Due to the high level of secrecy surrounding the Star Wars development process, it is unclear which spinoff Edwards will tackle.
    Speculation has focused on characters such as bounty hunter Boba Fett and Jedi master Yoda as those who might be getting their own movies. There are also rumors of a potential Han Solo origin story or at least something on the Solo clan, and untold adventures of Luke Skywalker.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...odzilla-706636

2. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    $200,000,000+ and Godzilla doesn't even play in Japan until July!

Godzilla is legendary, with like 30 films, of course it was gonna do well, especially when it is a TRUE Godzilla film.
    Yup, even movies that do poorly here are doing great in the overseas market so I expect Godzilla to clean up.

In related news Gareth Edwards (the director of Godzilla) has signed on to do one of the Star Wars spinoffs:

Due to the high level of secrecy surrounding the Star Wars development process, it is unclear which spinoff Edwards will tackle.
    Speculation has focused on characters such as bounty hunter Boba Fett and Jedi master Yoda as those who might be getting their own movies. There are also rumors of a potential Han Solo origin story or at least something on the Solo clan, and untold adventures of Luke Skywalker.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...odzilla-706636
    I saw that, young Han Solo??
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I can barely contain my excitement!!!!

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/26/59...gareth-edwards

Gareth Edwards returns to direct 'Godzilla 2' with Rodan and Mothra

5. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

can you share the linked video?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

NEEEEED.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Do they make one big enough for you?

HA!

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Do they make one big enough for you?

HA!
    Doubtful.

Same problem i have with metal T-shirts. lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Figured i would take the time to name some of my favorite Godzilla movies and give a short review of them. While most people will agree or disagree on what they consider the best or like the most. Obviously different movies mean a little different things to me over the years but here is my favorites of the series.

Godzilla vs Gigan (1972)
    -While Godzilla has met many foes over the years there really isn’t any battles worth noting more than his matches with Gigan, Mecha-Godzilla, or King Ghidorah. In this case he meets Gigan and King Ghidorah for the first time and at first seems over matched. But, this is the king of the monsters we are talking about. And with some help from his little friend Anguirus, Godzilla is able to do just that.

Godzilla vs Mecha-Godzilla (1974)
    -I know, I know. Most people I talk to loved the updated version of this match up. It was also during this time in the 70’s people sort of got turned off to the idea of Godzilla being the “good” guy. So you basically have to faction of fans who like Godzilla as the bad guy vs the good guy. To some degree you could argue that since in some of the movies (somewhat in this one) they made Godzilla almost a parody of himself. At times making Godzilla seem human with his reactions can be a bit corny. But for a kid such as myself at the time (probably around 8-9 years old) having a big monster to root for was a lot of fun and this was no exception and why it stands out to me. In this match up we have the mechanical Godzilla doing battle with Godzilla and King Ceasar while the earthlings are battling aliens disguised as humans who control Mecha-Godzilla.

Godzilla 2000 (2000)
    -As the years passed by Godzilla continued to face new and old foes and of course various reboots but for me it wasn’t until Godzilla 2000 that I truly LOVED another G movie. This time G would face Orga who began as a UFO from outer space who then was able to transform into flesh by utilizing basic genetic code from Godzilla. This is also one of my all time favorite looks for Godzilla as well as the application of his fire breath.

Godzilla: Final Wars (2004)
    -Ah, this movie is so much fun. Sort of like Destroy All Monsters, Godzilla: Final Wars brings to life a combination of different monsters from the Godzilla franchise. This is of course designed by a group of aliens who have come to earth pretending to help the earth rid its planet of Godzilla, Rodan, and other creatures but in reality they have a more evil purpose in which they plan to use the monsters to actually destroy the earth for their own use. The one funny nod in this film is the use of the Godzilla used for 1997’s American Godzilla form named Zilla the giant iguana.

Godzilla (2014)
    - This is my favorite Godzilla movie of the series. For some it was a step in the wrong direction but for myself this was a well thought out and mature approach to the franchise and I cannot wait for the next 2 sequels. Unlike the 97’ American attempt this one took the best of what Godzilla had to offer (the monsters look) and ditched the worse part (the script) and gave Godzilla fans an updated story that works for many of use who while can still appreciate the old cheesy movies are looking for more thought provoking attempts with Godzilla. I also enjoy the fact that Godzilla is not the main antagonist of this trilogy even though he is not quite the hero either. In this particular story earth is being threatened by an ancient race of parasitic creatures called Mutos. And of course the only type of predator that can defeat them is Godzilla and his ancestral lineage. While not my total favorite look for G I did really love how his fire breath works in this film and I like that he doesn’t have an unlimited supply of it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Too funny to pass up.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Figured i would pass along some tidbits that ive read about recently regarding the G Man.

1) Obviously with Kong: Skull Island coming out March 10th it has been confirmed that Godzilla and King Kong will end up fighting in 2020. Apparently KSI takes place years before Godzilla fought the Mutos. There apparently will be some kind of easter egg at the end of Kong that points us to the direction of Godzilla. That is also helped along by Goodman's character who apparently works for Monarch.

2) Godzilla 2 has been confirmed to feature G going against Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah.

3) Millie Brown (Stranger Things) has been confirmed for G2.

The only bad news (hopefully not horribly bad) is that the director of Godzilla 2014 wont be back for the sequel which concerns me a little. I was hoping he would stick around and do the other 2 sequels but apparently he has "better" things on his plate, one of which included Rogue One. I just hope whoever fills in for him does a good job and doesnt screw up the series.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Figured i would pass along some tidbits that ive read about recently regarding the G Man.

1) Obviously with Kong: Skull Island coming out March 10th it has been confirmed that Godzilla and King Kong will end up fighting in 2020. Apparently KSI takes place years before Godzilla fought the Mutos. There apparently will be some kind of easter egg at the end of Kong that points us to the direction of Godzilla. That is also helped along by Goodman's character who apparently works for Monarch.

2) Godzilla 2 has been confirmed to feature G going against Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah.

3) Millie Brown (Stranger Things) has been confirmed for G2.

The only bad news (hopefully not horribly bad) is that the director of Godzilla 2014 wont be back for the sequel which concerns me a little. I was hoping he would stick around and do the other 2 sequels but apparently he has "better" things on his plate, one of which included Rogue One. I just hope whoever fills in for him does a good job and doesnt screw up the series.
    I thought he did a good job with the Human aspects of Godzilla, but I hate how he seemed to cut away just as Godzilla was about to do something cool! Did you ever see Gareth Edwards small film Monsters? In that movie it made sense to pull away and focus more on the people. When I go see Godzilla I want to see him rampaging and kicking ass. I still thought the movie was good, and I hope Skull Island does well.

16. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Godzilla marathon on the Comet channel today.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i thought this thread was about osweiler. The way he is so tall and destroys cities.

19. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i thought this thread was about osweiler. The way he is so tall and destroys cities.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Godzilla: Final Wars (2004)
    -Ah, this movie is so much fun. Sort of like Destroy All Monsters, Godzilla: Final Wars brings to life a combination of different monsters from the Godzilla franchise. This is of course designed by a group of aliens who have come to earth pretending to help the earth rid its planet of Godzilla, Rodan, and other creatures but in reality they have a more evil purpose in which they plan to use the monsters to actually destroy the earth for their own use. The one funny nod in this film is the use of the Godzilla used for 1997’s American Godzilla form named Zilla the giant iguana.
    Just watched this no Hulu. Actually, Godzilla was trapped in ice in the Antarctic, so the aliens didn't know about him. Nevertheless, a Japanese made Japanese monster movie are superior to American made Japanese monster movies.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information