Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Godzilla Returns

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I wasnt too fond of the ones by the different company where GZ was a hero or something.
    I always enjoyed those the most for some reason.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Another one? Will it have some shitty puff daddy song in its soundtrack?

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I'll see it.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Its Goyha!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    That's a helluva teaser, and it looks like they are treating Godzilla like they should - a destructive force brought upon us seemingly out of nowhere (but probably because of something we did). Just as the original played on nuclear fears, this one should strike a nerve while being entertaining. I am still trying to get over how disapointed I was with Pacific Rim so this may do the trick.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    That's a helluva teaser, and it looks like they are treating Godzilla like they should - a destructive force brought upon us seemingly out of nowhere (but probably because of something we did). Just as the original played on nuclear fears, this one should strike a nerve while being entertaining. I am still trying to get over how disapointed I was with Pacific Rim so this may do the trick.
    Oh god, same here. Caught PR the other night, could of been SO much better than it was. But this looks very promising and looks like getting back to how G should look. No crazy iguana lizards and shit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Oh god, same here. Caught PR the other night, could of been SO much better than it was. But this looks very promising and looks like getting back to how G should look. No crazy iguana lizards and shit.
    Pacific Rim. Cool concept, horrible execution. Sucks because I love Del Toro. It reminded me of both Aliens vs Predators films. How do you screw up two things that are so cool? I know! Add humans to the mix! Just have some robots fighting monsters and be done with it. I don't care about that Asian chick and her family. They should have just been in the background screaming.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Pacific Rim. Cool concept, horrible execution. Sucks because I love Del Toro. It reminded me of both Aliens vs Predators films. How do you screw up two things that are so cool? I know! Add humans to the mix! Just have some robots fighting monsters and be done with it. I don't care about that Asian chick and her family. They should have just been in the background screaming.

Bwhahahaha, oh yea!

That last bit when they show G sends tingles down my spine. Remember going to Buckley AFB and watching all the old films as a kid at the Saturday Matinee.

15. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

The good news is that there is NO WAY it can be worse that Pacific Rim... so its only going to be an upgrade!
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

The differences between the Real Godzilla (pre-1998) & the Jurassic Park Escapee Godzilla (1998)

1) The Real Godzilla was immune to conventional weapons
    2) The Real Godzilla had to start off by battling toy tanks & planes. Seriously, only the tanks in the old Gigantor cartoons were a bigger a joke than the ones Godzilla faced.
    3) The Japanese always came up with some crazy supper weapon to battle the Real Godzilla, although the supper weapon didn't always win.
    4) The involvement of the secretive French gave the Jurassic Park Escapee Godzilla a reasonably legitimate sub-plot.

Note: Remember how the 1998 Godzilla ended with the hatching of the sole serving egg, leaving open the possibility of at least 1 sequel. In an interview with one of the main stars, all of them had signed a contract committing to do at least 2 or 3 sequels if the studio decided to make them. The reason that these sequels were never made was not only that audiences didn't like this new version of Godzilla, but the creators of the original Godzilla hated it too and subsequently revoke the license of the study to produce any future Godzillas. The following year, the Japanese went back to what Godzilla originally was in "Godzilla 2000."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0188640/?ref_=fn_al_tt_8
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

18. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Note: Remember how the 1998 Godzilla ended with the hatching of the sole serving egg, leaving open the possibility of at least 1 sequel. In an interview with one of the main stars, all of them had signed a contract committing to do at least 2 or 3 sequels if the studio decided to make them. The reason that these sequels were never made was not only that audiences didn't like this new version of Godzilla, but the creators of the original Godzilla hated it too and subsequently revoke the license of the study to produce any future Godzillas. The following year, the Japanese went back to what Godzilla originally was in "Godzilla 2000."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0188640/?ref_=fn_al_tt_8
    Yea, cool bit of tidbit info there Fan. Makes a lot sense since in Final Wars they actually use the American Godzilla model as an enemy of Godzilla but call him Iguanadon or some shit like that. But yea, the look they gave G in 2000 is one of my favorites of the series.

20. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I'll take "old school" special effects over today CGSE.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

22. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

This is the Godzilla I like:

I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

24. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information