Poll: Is it worth the Broncos money to be paying 3 coaches?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it Worth it?

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

Default Is it Worth it?

By now, we've all heard that if McDaniels were to be fired, Bowlen would be paying 3 coaches next year due to contract agreements. At this point, do you think it is worth the Broncos money to fire McDaniels and move on??

Vote and post your opinion. I want to hear what people really think about paying 3 coaches. Is it best for the team, or should we endure another year of McDaniels?

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

2. The Following User High Fived camdisco24 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Not sure. How much is Bowlen paying shannahan and mcdaniels?

It would be worth it if he could get an established winner...cowher, gruden, etc

We have to realize that we might be in competition with dallas for our next HC

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I really could care less about Bowlen's financial burdens!! When someone buys a shitty product or hires a shitty contractor then they pay the consequences and most times you can't get your money back. Obviously McDaniels up to now is not doing the job and seems to be doing worse as the weeks go by! This KC game will be my "straw that breaks the camel's back" and if we get dismantled again then Bowlen needs to take the loss's, get rid of Mcdaniels to show the fans he means business, do his homework (this time) on the available coaches and decide after the season who to get.

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post

I have no doubt that we'll be in competition with Dallas if PB makes the move to fire McD... But im not sure he's ready to put up that kind of cash to pay 3 coaches. But, how much money is he going to lose having McD as head coach? Losing doesnt sit well with season ticket holders.... Its a tough call right now.

Im curious how much PB will be paying both too. Anyone have the numbers?

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

We're paying 3.5 in 2010 and 2011 for Shanny, and around 3 each of those two years for McDaniels.

Pat's problem is he lost the excuse of "It's not worth it to me to make that change" when he did it with Shanny having several years left at 7 million per.

If Shanahan had stayed retired the whole time Bowlen would be paying that 7 mil + Josh's 3 mil. So he can damn well afford the current 6.5 mil + whatever he pays the new coach.

Pat already made the call on what he was willing to pay to change the atmosphere and coaching situation in Denver in a worst-case scenario.

So he can't cry poverty now. There may be other reasons, but the money one would just be an excuse.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Not sure. How much is Bowlen paying shannahan and mcdaniels?

It would be worth it if he could get an established winner...cowher, gruden, etc

You know Dzone, if I was a HC, you'd have to pay me very generously to go put up with the BS of Jerry Jones! You could be right though about competing with Dallas because Wade Phillips is on life support there as far as being their HC!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

My gut tells me there is no way Mcd is getting fired and we are going to have to suffer the fool.

even if mcd gave some entertaining press conferences and interviews...the guy is B-O-R-I-N-G...All he does is press his lips together between cliche after cliche...at least he could be entertaining..at least say something controversial...He tries to much to be3 like belichek...DULL

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Jerry Jones, just heard it on the radio, just said it is not the time to change and he said he was very very sorry to the fans...hey at least he talks to th3e media..how bout it Bowlen? How about apologizing to the most loyal fans in the NFL...maybe we could start a fan peitition and send it to Bowlen...He seems to not be involved in this season...Is he on vacation in Monte Carlo?

In the end, isnt the team owned by the fans? Didnt taxes pay for the new stadium? That is why the fans have EVERY right to be upset right now about being stuck with this product.
    Bowlen owes it to us fans to come out of hiding and tell us what he plans to do.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Mcd isn't going anywhere this year. No, I don't have insider info, just an opinion. He may still be here next year too depending on what he does the rest of this year.
    Merry.

15. The Following User High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Jerry Jones, just heard it on the radio, just said it is not the time to change and he said he was very very sorry to the fans...hey at least he talks to th3e media..how bout it Bowlen? How about apologizing to the most loyal fans in the NFL...maybe we could start a fan peitition and send it to Bowlen...He seems to not be involved in this season...Is he on vacation in Monte Carlo?

In the end, isnt the team owned by the fans? Didnt taxes pay for the new stadium? That is why the fans have EVERY right to be upset right now about being stuck with this product.
    Bowlen owes it to us fans to come out of hiding and tell us what he plans to do.
    I guarantee you a little under half those taxpayers could care less about the NFL, so how do you think they feel especially when they see what they are paying for.

Bowlen didn't even make the trip to London.

18. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Gut reaction is McD is going to last another year...although, I'd sure like to see Cowher or Gruden at the helm because I think they could change the 'attitude' of this team which has been flat for years now it seems...

I suppose if Denver loses all of its remaining games by double digits (which is not a completely unrealistic proposition at this point) then I suppose it's possible McD gets canned at then end of this season...

...BUT, I think he'll get one more season and unless he gets a game or two into the post season next year, he's gone.

JMO...

I didn't agree to let shanny go but I am still giving McD a chance. I haven't agreed with most of what he has done but I give him one more season. To me it doesn't come down to money if he stays or goes

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

I don't think anyone can really answer that...

But the way I look at it, Bowlen is responsible for firing Shanahan with the 'X' amount of years left on his contract; he's also responsible for the hiring of McDaniels who has not only depleted the talent on the roster, but also not produced one thing he promised to the fans on Bowlen's behalf. It may not be worth it...but it may be for the best, because let's be honest, if you can afford to own a pro sports franchise but not pay the high dividends that come with it, then maybe you shouldn't be an owner.

The best thing overall would be for McDaniels to step down on his own, but he's getting paid good money to ruin a once great football organization and treat it like Madden 2010!

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    I don't think anyone can really answer that...

But the way I look at it, Bowlen is responsible for firing Shanahan with the 'X' amount of years left on his contract; he's also responsible for the hiring of McDaniels who has not only depleted the talent on the roster, but also not produced one thing he promised to the fans on Bowlen's behalf. It may not be worth it...but it may be for the best, because let's be honest, if you can afford to own a pro sports franchise but not pay the high dividends that come with it, then maybe you shouldn't be an owner.

The best thing overall would be for McDaniels to step down on his own, but he's getting paid good money to ruin a once great football organization and treat it like Madden 2010!
    I know we can't technically answer that question because none of us really know the logistics of the Broncos front office, but the point of the poll is to see where most would lean if they had control (and the $$$$).

I was really curious about all the input this would hopefully spark, and I really agree with what you, and everyone else has said about Bowlen's input and the mistakes we've seen of the past season and a half. It seem to clear and obvious what needs to be done, but im worried we're going to sit on this problem because of "cash" issues.

The GM position, IMO, is what has to change NOW. If we can't fire the coach, take away some of his responsibilities. If that does happen soon, i'll be throughly disappointed.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information