Page 810 of 1145 FirstFirst ... 310 710 760 800 808 809 810 811 812 820 860 910 ... LastLast
Results 12,136 to 12,150 of 17170

Thread: what are you listening to???

Fur Elise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Love it. All the devilish diminished and augmented, rootless chords and harmonies, then it's all sunshine and C major.

It's my mood swings in a song.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Then, the pinnacle of all NMN creation: the arc from Madness and Death to Happy Bridge to Kill Everyone Now. This might be the most sublime (and probably most personally listened) arc of songs I've experienced. It just hits me every time. I'm a loud volume listener.

You know, I'm in the buff / north rage camp of music, that's kind of my home or wheelhouse. Different than those two, but I see some musical similarities.

Madness and Death starts at 19:19, start there. You know, if you want to really understand who the hawg is. Like, the ugly deep down hawg. God I love that dude.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Fur Elise.
    Solo piano style?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I guess everyone wants more NMN

Name a better rock and roll band rhythm section.

Can't? Make sure...

Look, Rob is old as **** (~40) during this tour. But damn if they don't approach Rush and in some ways exceed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Slick, as a Primus/Tool guy, surprised this band isn't in your wheelhouse. Probably too late to get into it now, but for me this sound was adjacent to Primus back in the day. It has aged well for me.

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Speaking of which,

Rob (of NMN) is the better bassist. But Les has that style..better overall stage act.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Last NMN for a while I swear.

Like anyone listens anyway. I'll be be tomorrow with more NMN until everyone tells me to **** off.

11. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm revisiting Nirvana's studio efforts this evening.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I'm revisiting Nirvana's studio efforts this evening.
    What about Nirvana really turns you on?

Did you know that Nirvana and NoMeansNo played at the same time, 60 miles apart geographically? And that David Grohl is a huge NMN fan?

I never cared much for Nirvana.
    In a 2010 interview with Rolling Stone magazine, Grohl placed the Nomeansno song It’s Catching Up in his personal Top 10 of all time.

“I thought my destiny was to work at a furniture warehouse,” wrote Grohl, whose previous band, Scream, opened for Nomeansno during a 1987 show in Tacoma. “But then I saw hardcore bands and I realized, ‘I can do this!’ ”

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    What about Nirvana really turns you on?

Did you know that Nirvana and NoMeansNo played at the same time, 60 miles apart geographically? And that David Grohl is a huge NMN fan?

I never cared much for Nirvana.
    Some of it is nostalgia, maybe. As a young man, I remember how life-altering it was to hear this angsty, heavy music compared to the hair metal bands, which just weren't my thing and were my first introduction to rock. Certainly, Nirvana was the least talented band of the era, IMO. Pearl Jam was a much more well-oiled machine and had better songwriters. Soundgarden's members were the most talented of the bunch from Cornell's vocal range to Thayil's guitar playing. Smashing Pumpkins spoke to me more, for some reason, and I have read some stuff on Corgan's songwriting musings that I greatly respect. But something about the rawness of Nirvana is just kind of fun (this is not the right word, but that word is not coming to mind).
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Some of it is nostalgia, maybe. As a young man, I remember how life-altering it was to hear this angsty, heavy music compared to the hair metal bands, which just weren't my thing and were my first introduction to rock. Certainly, Nirvana was the least talented band of the era, IMO. Pearl Jam was a much more well-oiled machine and had better songwriters. Soundgarden's members were the most talented of the bunch from Cornell's vocal range to Thayil's guitar playing. Smashing Pumpkins spoke to me more, for some reason, and I have read some stuff on Corgan's songwriting musings that I greatly respect. But something about the rawness of Nirvana is just kind of fun (this is not the right word, but that word is not coming to mind).
    I feel ya. I was listening to Nirvana in the same way just the other day. On account of the Cornell thing. Never really gave Nirvana much of a chance, but their catalog is solid.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I feel ya. I was listening to Nirvana in the same way just the other day. On account of the Cornell thing. Never really gave Nirvana much of a chance, but their catalog is solid.
    It's the least re-listenable, IMO. But it was groundbreaking for the rest of them and grunge and the post-grunge 90s alternative was the soundtrack of my youth, so I'm totally biased here.

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Some of it is nostalgia, maybe. As a young man, I remember how life-altering it was to hear this angsty, heavy music compared to the hair metal bands, which just weren't my thing.
    I like dessert rock.

Mark lanagan in all his incarnations.... Screaming trees etc, Josh homme's early stuff

But I loved the pumpkins, although I got into them after their heyday

The whole Seattle scene was kinda lost on me at the time

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information