Page 974 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 474 874 924 964 972 973 974 975 976 984 1024 1074 ... LastLast
Results 14,596 to 14,610 of 17181

Thread: what are you listening to???

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I took to blues rock more as a teenager when I found Zeppelin and Clapton. I grew up on John Denver and Rubber-Soul-Revolver era Beatles (like the middle Beatles). I found rap in middle school and then rock early in high school with Bush and Stone Temple Pilots. But, like maybe you with Prince, it was Zeppelin and Cream that was the real eye opener for me.
    MO likes his Beatles like he likes his Earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Alright. This got real. Found this quote:

“Jimmy Page was cool, but he couldn't keep a sequence without John Bonham behind him.” - Prince

Shots fired. Now we have to settle this.
    Maybe a Bonham lover? Bonham could have towed a whole carrier group behind him after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Jimmy Page: Fine guitarist, among the goats. In terms of technical skills, better than Prince. But Prince's style, originality, and showmanship blow him out of the water.

Prince's version of the song? Not my favorite. His guitar skills on the song? Superb.
    I can get on board with this especially after watching a documentary about rock guitarist and how many other guitar greats loved Jimmy but said he was a very sloppy guitarist in general. Prince has always been pretty technically sound to me with his guitar work. It was "Lets Get Crazy" that opened the door to me in terms of how good Prince really was on guitar and then of course fell in love with Purple Rain as a record. But, as far as the Zep song itself it really cant be matched but as i said i give credit to Prince for doing his own version of it which was interesting and not terrible.

5. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

FTR, i found the conversation with Poet, Hawg, Abe, and MO quite enjoyable. Everyone had some fantastic points regarding this topic, well done gents.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    MO likes his Beatles like he likes his Earth.
    Hey MO - did you see "Yesterday" yet? What are your thoughts?

Wife and I thought it was terrific.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I can get on board with this especially after watching a documentary about rock guitarist and how many other guitar greats loved Jimmy but said he was a very sloppy guitarist in general. Prince has always been pretty technically sound to me with his guitar work. It was "Lets Get Crazy" that opened the door to me in terms of how good Prince really was on guitar and then of course fell in love with Purple Rain as a record. But, as far as the Zep song itself it really cant be matched but as i said i give credit to Prince for doing his own version of it which was interesting and not terrible.
    I watched this version of Let's Go Crazy for the first time last night. ****** badass.

10. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

For Hawg, the 2nd track Pinnacle Induced Vertigo is amazing but i like the record as a whole a lot.

12. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Hey MO - did you see "Yesterday" yet? What are your thoughts?

Wife and I thought it was terrific.
    Loved it. Mostly just to listen to the music, because there is a lot of serious plot holes when I got to thinking about it. They went for, essentially, a rom-com and I’m cool with that. The best scene was easily the end with a certain someone (no spoilers!). I’ve already rewatched it once, so I do like it a lot, warts and all.

After I was done with it, several people told me to watch Across the Universe, which is a musical, but was also really good.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Loved it. Mostly just to listen to the music, because there is a lot of serious plot holes when I got to thinking about it. They went for, essentially, a rom-com and I’m cool with that. The best scene was easily the end with a certain someone (no spoilers!). I’ve already rewatched it once, so I do like it a lot, warts and all.

After I was done with it, several people told me to watch Across the Universe, which is a musical, but was also really good.
    I think we've watched that too - I'll have to revisit. I have to admit though, I get a bit annoyed when the original song is altered so much it doesn't seem like the song anymore. Not sure if that movie did it, but I've watched a few that have and it's disappointing. Musically speaking, anyway.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

It's really cool watching movies about bands. Like "Yesterday" and "Bohemian Rhapsody", you remember how many great songs those bands produced.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I think we've watched that too - I'll have to revisit. I have to admit though, I get a bit annoyed when the original song is altered so much it doesn't seem like the song anymore. Not sure if that movie did it, but I've watched a few that have and it's disappointing. Musically speaking, anyway.
    Across the Universe does some altering. Yesterday did not, really, although I believe that the main actor did do most of the singing.

I really enjoyed Ed Shieran making fun of Ed Shieran. Well played.

I listened to something after I watched it, must have been a podcast, and it involved a legal student and how their professor and his students had a lengthy discussion of the legal ramifications. I was kind of fascinated by that idea. They didn’t go really in depth on what I was listening to. Maybe it was secondhand. I don’t remember. Anyway, I was sure the people following him were going to be pissed instead of glad he was doing it. That’s of course the choice the movie makes to make it about the girl, and all I’ll say is I think she was worth it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Across the Universe was on Netflix last I checked.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Across the Universe does some altering. Yesterday did not, really, although I believe that the main actor did do most of the singing.

I really enjoyed Ed Shieran making fun of Ed Shieran. Well played.

I listened to something after I watched it, must have been a podcast, and it involved a legal student and how their professor and his students had a lengthy discussion of the legal ramifications. I was kind of fascinated by that idea. They didn’t go really in depth on what I was listening to. Maybe it was secondhand. I don’t remember. Anyway, I was sure the people following him were going to be pissed instead of glad he was doing it. That’s of course the choice the movie makes to make it about the girl, and all I’ll say is I think she was worth it.
    Yeah, they set up those people following him around really well. I think everyone thought they were going to expose him for a fraud. It was cool how it played out - especially the end scene with them dancing on the rooftop.

The movie is old enough where we don't need to protect spoilers... If anyone hasn't seen it, please do. It's terrific.

23. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I like a few of his most famous songs, and this one is special and on the all-timers list. But I know very little about Roy Orbison.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information