Page 1037 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 37 537 937 987 1027 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1047 1087 1137 ... LastLast
Results 15,541 to 15,555 of 17181

Thread: what are you listening to???

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Hey North and Shazam, I've been playing the hell out of some Mercyful Fate (Melissa and Oath) this last week. Really damned good albums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by hawgdriver View Post
    hey north and shazam, i've been playing the hell out of some mercyful fate (melissa and oath) this last week. Really damned good albums.
    yes!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Unholy Confessions is a killer track. That is a nice riff. Remenissions is another killer track. I like this band and this album but I have a hard time figuring out exactly what the identity or soul of the band is...

This will sound bad, but I actually liked and played Atreyu's *The Curse* a lot more than this album, even though I bet Waking the Fallen is objectively better. Because from *The Curse* I felt some kind of identity.
    I used to listen to Atreyu a lot until that one album came out. I think it was called "Becoming The Bull" or something like that.

But yeah, the Waking The Fallen album is great. The song "Radiant Eclipse" is ridiculous. I forgot about that one.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    I used to listen to Atreyu a lot until that one album came out. I think it was called "Becoming The Bull" or something like that.

But yeah, the Waking The Fallen album is great. The song "Radiant Eclipse" is ridiculous. I forgot about that one.
    I notice I keep liking Waking the Fallen slightly more with each listen. It never grabbed me, but I have to admit it's never turned me off either. I end up wondering why it is I like certain music more easily. A7x plays tight. I guess I keep waiting for them to say 'This is Me' and it's something new, kind of like when SOAD or Slipknot or Korn or (etc.) came around. A distinctive sound.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Oh the reason I liked Atreyu better is bc I'm an emo fukboi. If not obvs.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I notice I keep liking Waking the Fallen slightly more with each listen. It never grabbed me, but I have to admit it's never turned me off either. I end up wondering why it is I like certain music more easily. A7x plays tight. I guess I keep waiting for them to say 'This is Me' and it's something new, kind of like when SOAD or Slipknot or Korn or (etc.) came around. A distinctive sound.
    I think A7X has had so many different sounds throughout their albums over the last 20 years that their "identity" isn't as clear. To me, their "identity" is the opening couple minutes of the song "The Stage". Super technical, super precise, kinda throwback, awesome lyrics and top notch vocals. They have an extremely unique sound. I don't think there's anyone in that genre that have better lyrics and vocals. Period.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Oh the reason I liked Atreyu better is bc I'm an emo fukboi. If not obvs.
    This made me laugh pretty hard.

10. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I'm in the process of figuring mine out.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

This is my pick.

13. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Levee breaks.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

so many great choices, but mine might be "hey hey what can i do". . .

edit: there's no "best," just your favorites. . .

what is and what should never be, trampled under foot, over the hills and far away, no quarter, going to california. . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 03-08-2021 at 03:58 AM.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Kashmir, hands down for me.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Kashmir, hands down for me.
    That's also up there for me. I have so many favorite Led Zep songs that it's hard to pick just one.

21. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Listening to Filmmaker's The Vlad Tapes. Must listen for kraut and dank industrial fans. Side Bathory is <3 <3

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'm listening to the Cleared Hot (Andy Stumpf) podcast episode 165 with Jason Tuschen. Good listen. Couple of SEAL dudes talking about SEAL things.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information