Page 989 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 489 889 939 979 987 988 989 990 991 999 1039 1089 ... LastLast
Results 14,821 to 14,835 of 17181

Thread: what are you listening to???

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    But dont you think its a bit weird that Lennon is so praised so much (even now) vs say R. Kelly or some other abuser? I was just kind of amazed at how society has basically ignored all that when it comes to Lennon. Had my wife not even pointed it out i dont think i would have ever known about it because it never gets talked about publicly when Lennon is brought up. Look at guys like Kobe Bryant who was a NBA allstar but the one incident he had doesnt get swept under the rug like it does with Lennon. I would point to it being a racial thing but im not sure how much of that plays into it.
    R. Kelly? Could you have come up with a worse comparison? Lennon wasn’t a pedophile.

A couple of things, Lennon was never arrested. His incidents of domestic violence were admitted later in an interview shortly before his death and his oldest son has been critical of him but not very specific. So, to an extent, sure it’s swept under the rug a little bit, but it’s also hard to know exactly what we’re sweeping under the rug. I don’t know if he was a good guy, he might not have been. I love his music, though.

I struggled with that a little with Kobe Bryant, but whatever his transgressions were at 23, or however old he was, he seemed to redeem himself. I think people deserve second chances.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    R. Kelly? Could you have come up with a worse comparison? Lennon wasn’t a pedophile.

A couple of things, Lennon was never arrested. His incidents of domestic violence were admitted later in an interview shortly before his death and his oldest son has been critical of him but not very specific. So, to an extent, sure it’s swept under the rug a little bit, but it’s also hard to know exactly what we’re sweeping under the rug. I don’t know if he was a good guy, he might not have been. I love his music, though.

I struggled with that a little with Kobe Bryant, but whatever his transgressions were at 23, or however old he was, he seemed to redeem himself. I think people deserve second chances.

To be fair, i only brought R, Kelly because of abuse not because i felt Lennon was a pedo. Lol

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    To be fair, i only brought R, Kelly because of abuse not because i felt Lennon was a pedo. Lol
    I don’t find either acceptable, and I don’t really like saying it this way, but what R. Kelly is, a pedophile, is just worse.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I have a confession to make.

I've never listened to Stones outside of Hot Rocks, Undercover of the Night, and Exile on Main. Not a lot anyways. So I'm not sure if I can really say whether Beatles > Stones or the other way.
    If we're going by albums, I think the Beatles have a more consistent output. But putting the 4 best Beatles albums up against the 1968-1972 Rolling Stones output would be a fun one. It would come down to no more than taste obviously, but still.

Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    If we're going by albums, I think the Beatles have a more consistent output. But putting the 4 best Beatles albums up against the 1968-1972 Rolling Stones output would be a fun one. It would come down to no more than taste obviously, but still.

Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile.
    I came across this during my evaluation. It was a good read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Album_era
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

That was neat. I love me a good album. I think album culture is still alive and well.

How have i never heard this before? Friggen amazing!

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Then this one. Eddie Vedder sounds so damn good here.

One of my favorite songs!

Seeing the rolling stone convo up there, the best Stones song...

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

That is my favorite Stones song by a decent amount.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

18. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Stones - Aftermath

Just saw While My Guitar Gently Weeps in the other thread. This is my favorite version, Prince absolutely murders the guitar solo. So underrated on top guitar players.

21. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Just saw While My Guitar Gently Weeps in the other thread. This is my favorite version, Prince absolutely murders the guitar solo. So underrated on top guitar players.

Ok, we get it Abe.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Seeing the rolling stone convo up there, the best Stones song...

This is Keith Richards at his bluesy best. This is a direct precursor to a lot of 70s Zeppelin, Clapton, etc.

24. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information