Page 833 of 1144 FirstFirst ... 333 733 783 823 831 832 833 834 835 843 883 933 ... LastLast
Results 12,481 to 12,495 of 17159

Thread: what are you listening to???

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Let's Rid3!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Layne Staley of the 70's, his name is George Lowell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

great rhythm section, production/sound for late 70's indie
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

forgot how much I loved this song

Indeed it has a strange allure..

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

My favorite currents band/composer.

Last edited by Hawgdriver; 12-06-2017 at 10:39 PM.

10. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

12. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

OK, so I've been listening to these guys for a couple of days. How to describe them? How about, some very weird Germans trying to recreate secular Medieval music - and which nobody knows what it actually sounded like, because it wasn't written. They've reverse-engineered some stuff by going through Church writings to find what the Medieval Church condemned about secular music (harmonizing by thirds, for example) plus a lot of guess work. Anyways, its actually really cool. Or at least radically different. Give it a shot

“What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Reminds me of what Dead Can Dance did. Now I will listen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

For comparison...

I am always on the prowl for a band that re-energizes abandoned scale systems, instruments, or tunings.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    For comparison...

I am always on the prowl for a band that re-energizes abandoned scale systems, instruments, or tunings.
    Yep, good stuff there
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

20. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Somehow I've never really listened to Roxy Music or Velvet Underground, but I have listened to Lou Reed.

I like Lou Reed she said sticking her tongue in my ear.

Why don't you tell me one of your biggest fears?

Anyway, I'm listening to Roxy's debut album now, and it sounds like Brian Eno stuff. Turns out he's in Roxy Music.

Well, I remember all the punks and the hippies too and I remember Roxy Music in '72.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information