Page 1067 of 1145 FirstFirst ... 67 567 967 1017 1057 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1077 1117 ... LastLast
Results 15,991 to 16,005 of 17171

Thread: what are you listening to???

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

fun story about "i sit on acid". . . i was introduced to that track my freshman year of college, 1992. . . you know how they bring the high school seniors on college tours? we realized that our dorm room, a corner unit, sat right above a point where the tour guides always stopped to talk. . . whenever we saw them down there, all starry-eyed with their parents in tow, we'd shove a big speaker out on our window sill, and blast that song. . . "darling come here, f**k me up the rear!"
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Last edited by dogfish; 05-18-2022 at 10:53 PM.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

appreciate you, dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    appreciate you, dog
    thanks, homie. . . couple more. . .

Last edited by dogfish; 05-19-2022 at 12:37 AM.
    - John Elway

7. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Thanks dudes. This is where I ended up:

Into Dust - Mazzy Star
    Fade Away - Trevor Something
    Under Your Spell - Desire
    Glory Box - Portishead
    Possession - Sarah McLachlan
    Love Song for a Vampire - Annie Lennox
    Fitzpleasure - Alt-J
    Tear You Apart - She Wants Revenge
    I Sit on Acid - Lords of Acid
    Love's Secret Domain - Coil
    Play - David Banner
    Pretty When You Cry - VAST
    Time To Find Me - Seefeel/AFX
    #1 Crush - Garbage (Nellee Hooper remix)
    Spin Spin Sugar - Sneaker Pimps
    Messin' up the Sheets - Juliette Ashby
    Junglebook - Esthero
    Apple Juice Kissing - Deee-Lite
    Play with Me - Rendezvous at Two
    Acid Rain - Lorn
    Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Baby - Cigarettes After Sex
    All Is Full of Love - Bjork

I'm happy how it turned out.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/67...95222d76464b11
    Last edited by Hawgdriver; 05-19-2022 at 07:39 PM.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

North, meant to tell you I really enjoyed the Steve Von Till track. Exceptional.

11. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Sarah McLachlan's "Possession" -- I can't stop listening to that bass. I hope I'm able to play like that one day, it's so damned good.

13. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I can't believe I've never heard Possession and Love Song for a Vampire. JFC they are good.

15. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

(insert Sephiroth song)

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Still a banger of an album 10 years later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I look forward to listening to that. Japandroids.

Dream Theater - Live at Budokan.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I look forward to listening to that. Japandroids.

Dream Theater - Live at Budokan.
    If you are also a fan of the album, this is a good anniversary writeup on it:

https://www.stereogum.com/2187862/ja...e-anniversary/

At this point, I don’t think I need to spend a lot of time describing what Celebration Rock actually sounds like. Critics like myself had to get more creative in 2012, whereas nowadays, I can just say “dudes rock” and be done with it — “dudes” as either an adjective and a noun, “rock” as either a verb or a noun. It’s a non-toxic masculinity, where a constant chorus of whoas, yeahs, high-fives, and bear hugs aren’t deflections from sharing deeply held emotions to friends and partners but expressions of them in their purest form — something closer to a purifying primal scream than the oversharing and self-deprecation and buzzwords that have arisen alongside the mainstreaming of therapeutic language.

For all of its bluster and overstatement and astronomical stakes, King taps into something volatile and vulnerable: “I’m talking about the night you felt that way — that one time,” he explained. Just about every second of this album hits that sore spot from multiple angles — the lifelong pursuit of trying to put words to that indescribable feeling and also the fear that it really was that one time.

Even though Japandroids released a legendary rock album, it does not present King and Prowse as people who were born for this shit, a la their heroes in Guns N’ Roses or AC/DC (let alone U2). It does not strike me as a work of magic or genius, even the kind exhibited by Paul Westerberg or Robert Pollard, guys who have likely forgotten more songs than Japandroids will ever write. They don’t even provide the lifeblood of punk rock, the vicarious thrill of seeing a couple of normal guys on stage and thinking, “I could do that.” Even in 2012, they were an outlier amongst wildly prolific garage rockers (Ty Segall, Cloud Nothings), DIY rawk lifers (Screaming Females, the Men), crusty post-rock titans (GY!BE, Swans), and vibey visionaries (DIIV, Tame Impala). Japandroids embodied maybe the dirtiest word in indie rock — tryhard.

Rather than trying to deny this obvious quality, it inspired one of the most insightful things I’ve ever seen an artist say about their own music: “There’s a difference between people who are born with that special thing and people who love the people who are born with that special thing so much that they want to try their best to get as close as they can to it.”

20. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

This is their most popular song which you may have heard, but just in case you haven't.

And if they try to slow you down,
    Tell em all to go to hell

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information