Page 1005 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 5 505 905 955 995 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1015 1055 1105 ... LastLast
Results 15,061 to 15,075 of 17183

Thread: what are you listening to???

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The boom box I got in the early 90s that would record the radio changed my life.
    Cassette tapes, boomboxes, and walkmans... those were simpler times when you had to listen to a whole damn album and learn to love it or get really good with the fast forward/rewind timing. But that led to other problems like the damn tape unspooling if you did it too much!

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Damn. Memories.

I remember calling into the station and requesting they play a particular song. Then, sitting by the radio with my handy-dandy cassette recorder ready to hit the record button!

Good times.
    And then PRAYING the DJ wouldn't talk over the intro to the song...

I still have a handful of cassette recordings/mix tapes should try and digitize them.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Good grief, Shake!

You can't possibly be that old!

Bic pen and a cassette tape. LMFAO!

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Good grief, Shake!

You can't possibly be that old!

Bic pen and a cassette tape. LMFAO!
    42 in November... holy shit!

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    42 in November... holy shit!

Ah, to be 42 again....

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Ah, to be 42 again....

The summer of 1980 was a nice one, eh?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Cassette tapes, boomboxes, and walkmans... those were simpler times when you had to listen to a whole damn album and learn to love it or get really good with the fast forward/rewind timing. But that led to other problems like the damn tape unspooling if you did it too much!

I still try to listen to albums as much as possible. If I like a song I want to know if it’s a one-off or the artist is good. Just my opinion on albums. I think it’s a product of when I grew up, the cassette and CD eras.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

The summer of 1980 was a nice one, eh?
    The best! That's the year I graduated high school.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

The boom box I got in the early 90s that would record the radio changed my life.
    My first credit purchase was a compact stereo with a cassette deck from Radio Shack. I remember our local rock station playing all of Pink Floyds "The Wall" when first released, and me copying an imperfect version on cassette. Ditto @three uninterupted hours of Blue Oyster Cult promoting them when they were coming to town. Filled two cassettes with that.

Things are WAY better now, with Pandora, Spotify, Sirius XM, Youtube, what have you. Endless new and often excellent music, and you can literally listen to anything ever made anytime you want. But there were some charms back then
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I sincerely miss the record store. Now it’s like a hipster, big city thing only and that sucks. It’s like you have to live in the Bohemian conclaves in the biggest cities just to have a record store to walk into.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Y'all are old af.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Put my copy of 3 Feet High and Rising in my laptop so I can rip it to my library and not have to use the CD. But the songs sound warped and fuzzy (even before I rip them) and it's basically unlistenable. The weird thing is I burned the Disc 2 bonus tracks to my computer as well, and that one went through just fine. So I thought maybe it's something wrong with that first disc. So I put it in my car stereo and it sounds great.

Shake and other tech-savvy guys, is there a way to fix this? I've never had a problem with CDs sounding like this on this laptop, so I'm just super confused at what it could be. Obviously there's something wrong with this CD and this laptop together. Unfortunately nobody I know has a laptop with a disc drive these days, so I can't test it out and see if it's just my laptop.
    Not sure if the real problem or not but its possible your cd player in the car can read the disc even with a blemish on it. However, your CD-Rom drive when you go to rip may be having issues if the first disc has some sort of blemish on it. Im sure you tried it but make sure the disc that you are having issues with is as clean as possible.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Not sure if the real problem or not but its possible your cd player in the car can read the disc even with a blemish on it. However, your CD-Rom drive when you go to rip may be having issues if the first disc has some sort of blemish on it. Im sure you tried it but make sure the disc that you are having issues with is as clean as possible.
    The disc is mint. I could sell this baby on ebay for tens of dollars.

21. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

90's alt-rock and pop and alt-pop
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Stumbled upon this.

We do not typically remember him as a jazz pianist. But his facility with jazz earned him the admiration of Miles Davis, who made several efforts to collaborate with the extremely busy pop star. (They performed together only once, it seems, on New Year’s Eve, 1987 at Paisley Park.) Prince’s style, stage show, songwriting, and arranging drew from jazz of all kinds—from zoot suit-era big band to the frenetic movement of hard bop to the classically-inflected show tunes of George Gershwin. Just above see him “casually own” Gershwin's "Summertime" during a 1990 soundcheck in Osaka, Japan.

For the first minute, it’s a Prince showcase, but once he coaches the band through the changes, he lets them take it, settling back while the guitarist rides out a solo. The candid moment does much more than demonstrate his chops on the piano and appreciation for Gershwin. It offers yet another contrast to the popular image of Prince as a charismatic, self-sufficient solo artist who just happened to work with a regular crew of stellar musicians and not-so-stellar actresses.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information