Page 1049 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 49 549 949 999 1039 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1059 1099 ... LastLast
Results 15,721 to 15,735 of 17183

Thread: what are you listening to???

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by QBronco View Post
    Cassettes are making a comeback. I am going to set up my old Pioneer tower (bought in the 90s) just to impress guests .
    You should get a pencil and rewind a cassette for like two minutes before you put it in the tape deck. Be like, "this one is special, it only has fast forward."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

My car I bought last year did not come with a CD player, and I don't have a boombox/stereo situation these days. So my CDs are collecting dust. I've purged them a couple of times and kept the ones that were most important/rare/had cool cover art.

I do miss the feeling of carefully selecting which CDs to bring on your road trip, listening to them all the way through, shuffling once the CD is over and trying to put a new one in while not trying to crash the car, etc. Nowadays I mostly just shuffle a playlist on spotify because having so much music ready and available at your fingertips is too much for my short attention span. Which is fine! But it's not the same.

3. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Lyle Alzado

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You should get a pencil and rewind a cassette for like two minutes before you put it in the tape deck. Be like, "this one is special, it only has fast forward."
    Yes, but I have to blow the dust off of them first.

Adopted Bronco:
    Lyle Alzado

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    My car I bought last year did not come with a CD player, and I don't have a boombox/stereo situation these days. So my CDs are collecting dust. I've purged them a couple of times and kept the ones that were most important/rare/had cool cover art.

I do miss the feeling of carefully selecting which CDs to bring on your road trip, listening to them all the way through, shuffling once the CD is over and trying to put a new one in while not trying to crash the car, etc. Nowadays I mostly just shuffle a playlist on spotify because having so much music ready and available at your fingertips is too much for my short attention span. Which is fine! But it's not the same.
    My road trip playlist is 1300+ songs and counting…

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived QBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Agreed. Having a sort of 'stone tablet' of the music in your physical possession gives the relationship with the music more heft or something. It also gives it a more...monogamous?...character. Spotify is much more of a swipe left / swipe right relationship.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Canmore made me a jazz playlist a while back and I've listened to it maybe five to ten times but to this point jazz doesn't reach out and grab me and bring me back time and again.

But I think it could if I gave it time. It's a handful of albums--Miles, Heavy Weather, and one by each of Coltrane and Cannonball Adderley.

I'm listening to the Cannonball Adderley now. It might be my favorite of the bunch, but I feel that it is also the most approachable.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/29...4577a142e04cb2

10. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by QBronco View Post
    My road trip playlist is 1300+ songs and counting…
    do you ever get through it all?!

I have a ton of different playlists mostly based on genre and a couple of more diverse mixes for road trips and singalongs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Lyle Alzado

do you ever get through it all?!

I have a ton of different playlists mostly based on genre and a couple of more diverse mixes for road trips and singalongs.
    I don’t know if I will ever get through it all. My playlist is genre-mixed and I always play it on shuffle. Sounds like you are a lot more organized than I am. Good on you!

I love a variety of music from classical to heavy metal. There’s not much I won’t listen to, although I prefer older stuff to newer.

13. The Following User High Fived QBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Speaking of road trips and playlists...check out what I did for my last road trip back in Dec '20...

I have a couple dudes in the neighborhood who are also music fans with broad interests. One of them made me a 'best new music of 2020' list, and the other one gave me a single album for each day.

Listening to an album like that, no idea what I was about to hear, the way we used to, song by song and no skipping, was the most I've enjoyed music in the last year or so. Most of these albums I'd never give a thought to checking them out, but when I was 'forced' to, I ended up loving the experience.

Here's some of the albums:

Morphine - Cure for Pain 9/10
    Oingo Boingo - Dead Man's Party 10/10
    X - See How We Are 9/10
    David Gilmour - On An Island (I think? Great if you love Gilmour's call and response type guitar dialog) 7/10
    Drive By Truckers - Decoration Day 9/10
    King's X - Gretchen Goes to Nebraska 7/10
    Rancid - Let's Go 10/10

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

This led to another full album project we did on a discord server with a few other folks. That was pretty rad too, if I can find it.

15. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12 days fullsize.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	18700

Just plug one of those text strings into Spotify and you might be surprised what you get! There's a big range of stuff.

Was a '12 Days of Christmas' share an album a day thing inspired by elow sharing an album with me during that road trip.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

ZZ Top played a small show here last weekend. I wonder if it was their last show together.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

I feel pretty boring, since I just listen to XM. Usually the Bridge, Blend or Pulse, but sometimes tune to something else for a change.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

22. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    RIP Shock G.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information