Page 926 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 426 826 876 916 924 925 926 927 928 936 976 1026 ... LastLast
Results 13,876 to 13,890 of 17181

Thread: what are you listening to???

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Ok bean counters. I hit the brakes doing 70 when that gravel suddenly appeared on the asphalt...I went off the 'cliff' (20' embankment) at probably 35 or 40, idk. It happened crazy fast. It's really a lucky thing I didn't die though.

btw here is my music, let your wistful/stoic/gregarious/discontented in on the secret...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...fEBVRhbDiE-nXD

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Ok bean counters. I hit the brakes doing 70 when that gravel suddenly appeared on the asphalt...I went off the 'cliff' (20' embankment) at probably 35 or 40, idk. It happened crazy fast. It's really a lucky thing I didn't die though.

btw here is my music, let your wistful/stoic/gregarious/discontented in on the secret...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...fEBVRhbDiE-nXD
    Wait, wut?

This happened today? Or this is a metaphor?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Wait, wut?

This happened today? Or this is a metaphor?
    When I was 22. This actually happened. Should have died.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

some bob marley. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    When I was 22. This actually happened. Should have died.
    now we need more details. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

8. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    That's what I'm sezzin!

"One" - Metallica.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    June in Redding is hot if you didn't know, that day was an example. I had just broken off my engagement with E, the one-time addict mother of my oldest son who was my retarded brother's babysitter, and was feeling free and frisky for this first summer completely free of any obligation after graduating from the zoo.

That's not accurate. I had begun treating life as free from any obligation about a year or less before that, about a quarter of the way into my firstie year. 3.9's and competing for a Marshall scholarship became a 2.5, then a 1.5, an arrest, tons of demerits, and being told that I shouldn't technically be allowed to graduate but the AF would sort me out.

Financial obligations? I didn't believe in them at the time. I was bouncing checks, maxxing out credit cards, demonstrating no concern for the future.

I was spending the summer with my dad and step-mom in Redding. My ex-fiancé and son lived in the guest house--her mother kicked her out of the house and she moved in with my folks. He would have been about 21 months old at this point, but I barely knew him. I would have been kicked out of the Academy if they knew I had a dependent.

I could go on, there are some stories in there possibly worth hearing, but you paid me to describe that night when I wrecked the Camaro. By now you probably get the vibe of recklessness toward life.

Had a date that night and was driving to pick her up. It was late afternoon, almost dusk. T-tops off. Driving on a two lane country road, and I loved to drive. Any chance I got, I'd test the vehicle. For example, I counted the miles after buying it until I could push the engine--500 miles in this case. When it got to 495 or so I took it to a straight section of highway 105 near Monument to test max speed. Got about 158, and to me this didn't (doesn't) seem dangerous. Loved pushing that car.

So this country road has a bridge over a creek, but the bridge is closed for construction and there is a coffee-cup handle detour around it through the creekbed, fresh asphalt. How sweet is that for a driving enthusiast? I considered it a challenge to see how aggressively I could fly through.

The song Wild Night was on my stereo.

The first part of the detour dipped down, down into the creekbed. That kind of drop where you get the roller coaster feeling. Could do about 65-70 on the curved part, then pushed it back up to around 90 on the straight section. The construction warning sign said 25mph caution, but that was for muggles. Then came the detour section back up the bank of the creek and to the left to rejoin the road after the bridge, and here's where things went a little sideways.

First, I was complacent. I was so comfortable with my skill and the vehicle that negotiating this curve was a low-priority task for this highly capable CPU--it wasn't going to require that much effort to nail it...so...

Second, I was into the music, it was at one of those good parts where I had to sing along, which leads to

Third, there was a bunch of gravel left behind on the asphalt at the max bend of the corner. When I recognized the gravel after cresting the bank, I used the brakes, but I knew it was going to be dicey...it happened fast...the rear yawed dangerously over the gravel, the back tires didn't leave the driving surface but the angle was really really bad, I knew at this point I was going to wreck and had about 30-40 feet of good surface to set myself up for going off the edge, so I braked as hard as I could and aimed for a section without trees or telephone poles--I actually had to thread the needle on this one a little bit as there were several oaks. Got that little feeling somewhere in there of 'welp, it comes at you fast, doesn't it?'

When the car left the road, I don't have any visual memory of it because it was confusing. The car flipped over vertically, ass over hood. It also spun around and rolled. It was a three-axis thing--I hit a tree on the way down, but it was one of the smaller ones so the car won.

It was about 20' down the landing zone, and somehow the car stuck the landing Simone Biles style. Or maybe it landed on the roof and cartwheeled back to all fours. I recall seeing the stump of a fat oak nearby and thinking that would have squished me.

My first thought after the kinetics subsided was 'systems check' and I just laughed. Of course I didn't even have a scratch. Of course. (Hubris) I did have a scratch by the way, some of the glass of the destroyed windshield grazed my forearm.

Second thought was 'is there any chance I can just drive back onto the road? I know the car is totaled, but is it driveable? A quick walk-around dispelled that hope.

Next thought was holy shit that constant horn is annoying. I need to disconnect the battery. Then I'm thinking about how to get this evening back on the rails.

Oh, btw I had dropped my insurance because I needed that money to go snowboarding and buy music CDs and so on.

The first person to show up at the scene lived a couple miles away and asked me 'where is he?' Meaning where was the driver. He just heard a hellified loud collision and figured it had to be someone dead.

So the date was ok, but wrecking the car put a damper on things. My dad was pissed because he spotted me $7k on top of the $15k loan for the car. I salvaged about $1500 for the engine and transmission which I used to buy a genuinely POS Taurus that died about 8 months later.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

That is one of the best posts ever on this message board. It deserves a stickied thread.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The intro song to the netflix seriea Dark, Soap and Skin by Apparat. I don't skip intro.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Ever watch a series and it uses a song no one likes except you? It's pretty rad, right?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

My favorite part are the lyrics: 'She said better luck next time don't worry so much'

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

jfc buff, where is my hi five?

18. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Was delivering last night and listening to regular radio (rarity these days) and came across a station that was a student public station and they were playing a lot of electronica type bands. They were showcasing the lastest record from this band which i found to be pretty cool. This was my favorite among the tracks they played.

21. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Was delivering last night and listening to regular radio (rarity these days) and came across a station that was a student public station and they were playing a lot of electronica type bands. They were showcasing the lastest record from this band which i found to be pretty cool. This was my favorite among the tracks they played.

We used to have Pirate Radio 88.7fm was a university station played the best metal. Some radios couldn't even get it. It was awesome.

That other shit there though? Its horrible lol
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

23. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information