Page 916 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 416 816 866 906 914 915 916 917 918 926 966 1016 ... LastLast
Results 13,726 to 13,740 of 17181

Thread: what are you listening to???

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    LoL. It's on iHeart radio. How'd you know?
    MO knows.

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    My two favorite Sister Hazel songs. The album with Champagne High on it was decent.
    Fortress. Change Your Mind is a catchy opener to that album. It was the follow up to the album with All For You that I believe was their best selling album. I liked those two albums. Apparently they are still making music.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Your turn aberdien.
    I'm gonna extend it from the 60s-2010s for more fun. Standard fare for me:

The Velvet Underground - & Nico
    The Clash - London Calling
    Prince - Purple Rain
    Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
    The Strokes - Is This It
    Titus Andronicus - The Monitor

The only one that was super tough to decide was the 00s. Too many appropriate choices.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

John Butler Trio - What You Want

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

60s The doors - the doors
    70s Pink Floyd - dark side out the moon
    80s The stone roses - the stone roses
    90s Oasis- be here now
    00s Ryan Bingham - mescalito or John frusciante - the empyrean
    10s Daughter- if you leave

8. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    90s Oasis- be here now
    Nice list. I was kinda close on Stone Roses too. I came to it a bit too late though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

90s Oasis- be here now
    If it wasn’t for Pumpkins, Morning Glory or Be Here Now would be there.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

If it wasn’t for Pumpkins, Morning Glory or Be Here Now would be there.
    I love the pumpkins now - but i wasn't on board in the 90s

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Nice list. I was kinda close on Stone Roses too. I came to it a bit too late though.
    Culturally they were huge over here, i couldn't not have that album on my list!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Culturally they were huge over here, i couldn't not have that album on my list!
    I am the Res is ridiculously good. That one still gets me. I like the whole thing, but that song still sticks. I was in love with that album during pilot training in '98.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The hardest one for me was the 80's. Besides the NMN album, could have gone with Depeche Mode Violator, Strawberries by The Damned, If I Should Fall From Grace With God by The Pogues, Purple Rain by Prince, Raising Hell by Run DMC, Straight Outta Compton by NWA, 3 Feet High and Rising by De La Soul, License to Ill by Beasties, Copper Blue or Deep. The last two don't hold up as well, but damn did they speak to me.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

those questions are always effin' tough. . . without taking a bunch of time to think about it, maybe something like this. . .

60s - jimi hendrix experience - are you experienced? (could also be something from the beatles)

70s- bob marley and the wailers - survival (could also be tom petty)

80s - jane's addiction - nothing shocking / pixies - doolittle

90s - de la soul - stakes is high (could also be public enemy's fear of a black planet, 1990)

00s - blackalicious - blazing arrow (could also be sean hayes, big black hole and the little baby star)
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

18. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

60s - White Album. Come at me.

The hardest one for me was the 80's. Besides the NMN album, could have gone with Depeche Mode Violator, Strawberries by The Damned, If I Should Fall From Grace With God by The Pogues, Purple Rain by Prince, Raising Hell by Run DMC, Straight Outta Compton by NWA, 3 Feet High and Rising by De La Soul, License to Ill by Beasties, Copper Blue or Deep. The last two don't hold up as well, but damn did they speak to me.
    The 80s is a bad decade for me. I just don't like a ton of the music. I've grown to appreciate some things. The Cars, The Cure (specifically Pictures of You, which is a brilliant damn song), some Toto. It's a rough decade for me in terms of music. Joshua Tree doesn't really fit in "80s music" to me, but that's the album. I suppose if there's a second it would be Appetite for Destruction. But Use Your Illusion stuck with me more, and it's a 1991 release.

20. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Oh, you know an 80s album that did stick with me ... Texas Flood, Stevie Ray Vaughan. Again, doesn't really stick in the "80s music" thing, though. It's just the blues.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

60s - White Album. Come at me.

The 80s is a bad decade for me. I just don't like a ton of the music. I've grown to appreciate some things. The Cars, The Cure (specifically Pictures of You, which is a brilliant damn song), some Toto. It's a rough decade for me in terms of music. Joshua Tree doesn't really fit in "80s music" to me, but that's the album. I suppose if there's a second it would be Appetite for Destruction. But Use Your Illusion stuck with me more, and it's a 1991 release.
    That's funny. Appetite was one that kept popping up in my head but I told myself 'that's appeals to too many people and you are unique'.

Yeah, the 80s are kind of weird. On the one hand, I agree with Abe about the general high quality of 80s music, but on the other hand, well...it's just weird. I think if you didn't get into weird shit it was kind of bland. But then you compare it, and it was a solid decade. During the 80's I listened to the Beatles about 8 out of 10 minutes for each minute I listened to music. Most of the 80's stuff I like I didn't get into until early 90's.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information