Page 884 of 1145 FirstFirst ... 384 784 834 874 882 883 884 885 886 894 934 984 ... LastLast
Results 13,246 to 13,260 of 17170

Thread: what are you listening to???

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Now here's the best song about cocaine:

2. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    You do realize that MO is going to come over to this thread, read what you just typed, and thrash the living hell out of you.

(I say the same thing about Bob Dylan though...)
    He can try!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    You do realize that MO is going to come over to this thread, read what you just typed, and thrash the living hell out of you.

(I say the same thing about Bob Dylan though...)
    Eh. Abe and my musical tastes are completely opposite.

I'm going to quibble with you! That isn't his best drug song, this is:

Disguised as a love song, but that man be ****** up...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I gotta be honest and say that most things Clapton - including that song - get on my nerves. I don't like his voice. I don't like how his guitar sounds. I hate the drums on that song. Just not my dude!
    Also...he's never really liked his own voice. That's why he didn't sing much in the Yardbirds, Cream, John Mayall's band or Blind Faith.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Day 9 - A song that makes you happy

I'm feeling a reggae vibe with this one at the moment. Could go with almost any Bob Marley song. Peter Tosh has some good ones. But I've always loved the optimistic fortitude of this one:

"Rudie Can't Fail" praises the rude boys of Jamaica in the 1960s who challenged their elders' status quo. The song is about a fun-loving young man who is criticized by his elders for not acting as a responsible adult, drinking beer before breakfast,[2] and describe him as being "so crude and feckless", to which he responds "I know that my life make you nervous, but I tell you I can't live in service."
    Weezer's Buddy Holly was a very close second.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

That song is perfect man! Damn you stole my thunder, but I'm so happy about it!

Makes you happy song...

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

11. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Band features members from Ozzy and Dio. Singer sounds almost identitcal to Ronnie. The album's vibe is definitely from the Rainbow era.

13. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Day 10 - Song that makes you

Most of the stuff I like is depressing shit, but I get some kind of serotonin fix from it or something. So it's a sad song, but it makes me feel better somehow. Anyways, I'll go with this one, it was excellent when I was 13 and I still love it. I'll probably think of a better one later. Duk Koo Kim might be my ideal, and a dozen different Modest Mouse songs would work, especially Broke.

Part of it is also that it's on side 2 of Hotel CA w/ Try and Love Again and Last Resort, so it's kind of a mood setting thing.
    Last edited by Hawgdriver; 09-10-2018 at 05:14 PM.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

15. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Day 10 - Sad song

I don't listen to many truly sad songs these days because I prefer not to be bummed out and reminded of certain emotions. But here is my go to song for if I feel like being depressed:

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Trailer Trash would have been my #2 Modest Mouse pick, it crossed my mind. This makes me wonder about what makes me tick.

19. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Trailer Trash would have been my #2 Modest Mouse pick, it crossed my mind. This makes me wonder about what makes me tick.
    MM is the all time bummer music. Sufjan Stevens is up there.

Let's figure out what makes you tick.

21. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    MM is the all time bummer music. Sufjan Stevens is up there.

Let's figure out what makes you tick.
    I look at my favorite playlists and songs and I think--am I always in need of catharsis? Why?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I look at my favorite playlists and songs and I think--am I always in need of catharsis? Why?
    That's really what music is for though if we're being honest.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Unrelated:

25. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Central time zone day 11 -

Song you never get tired of.

Impossible. Any of them worth a listen, I run them to cord. It'd be something classical like Bach or Beethoven, maybe Mozart, probably Chopin. That's not that interesting though, so I'll go with this one, because I've worn it to death but it still drives.

27. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information