Page 883 of 1145 FirstFirst ... 383 783 833 873 881 882 883 884 885 893 933 983 ... LastLast
Results 13,231 to 13,245 of 17171

Thread: what are you listening to???

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I could do a month of Day 5s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I could do a month of Day 5s.
    Music is meant to be loud. So, yeah.

I could do a ton of driving songs (1979 is far and away the tops. I also had a friend in high school who had a car that was similar to that one in the video and the year that album came out (1995), we were cruising around in it often because she got her driver's license before most of us).
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Day 8 - song about drugs or alcohol

Wow. This is the toughest one so far. Like...does every Fleetwood Mac song count? Because while some of them are less subtle about the drug reference (e.g., The Chain, Gold Dust Woman), nearly every single one references a lifestyle or experience that is only possible through drugs. Same holds for countless rock and roll acts. Velvet Underground, Floyd, the Stones, Alice in Chains, Steely Dan, Stone Temple Pilots, etc. etc. Some songs and lyrics are more overt, more obviously 'about' drugs and alcohol, the band itself and the musicians simply embodied the drug itself in the creation of their music.

Beatles...there's a case study for you. One of my early front runners was this song Paul wrote about weed after giving it a go.

Then there is an all time great that can't be omitted from any discussion like this:

Changing gears, I have to give a shout out to NWA's Dopeman. About as overt as it gets, and it's grisly and visceral, but terrific art. Then you have the random techno songs like Crystal Method's Trip Like I Do. I'm not sure I got this one right, not meaning the best answer from among all people, no such thing of course, but my own 'favorite' or most representative. It might actually be Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, but when I thought about this one, it really hit a nerve: Neil Young, the Needle and the Damage Done.

But then I realized it was great, it was almost perfect, but it wasn't really me and mine. So this is what I got.

"You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Well done, Bacon.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I am behind. Day 7 - Song to drive to

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I am behind. Day 7 - Song to drive to

I wonder if you listen to Lucinda Williams and thought about her for this entry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I can’t ever remember the Sheryl Crow song that has the badass guitar riff at the beginning...that’s a driving song too.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Drugs...

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I wonder if you listen to Lucinda Williams and thought about her for this entry.
    I couldn't pick just one song. Car Wheels On A Gravel Road is an all-time great driving album.

12. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I can’t ever remember the Sheryl Crow song that has the badass guitar riff at the beginning...that’s a driving song too.
    Is it this one?

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I always loved these two for driving:

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Day 8 - Songs about drugs/alcohol

This is a toughie because again there is no shortage of drug/alcohol induced songs.

But I gotta go with this while I get pumped up for the Beastie Boys book coming out in October:

Bonus songs:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/naomizeichn...-smoking-songs

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'm being erratic with the days, because I'm a grandpa now. Not sure there's a better drug song than this one:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I gotta be honest and say that most things Clapton - including that song - get on my nerves. I don't like his voice. I don't like how his guitar sounds. I hate the drums on that song. Just not my dude!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I gotta be honest and say that most things Clapton - including that song - get on my nerves. I don't like his voice. I don't like how his guitar sounds. Just not my dude!
    You do realize that MO is going to come over to this thread, read what you just typed, and thrash the living hell out of you.

(I say the same thing about Bob Dylan though...)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information