Page 828 of 1144 FirstFirst ... 328 728 778 818 826 827 828 829 830 838 878 928 ... LastLast
Results 12,406 to 12,420 of 17160

Thread: what are you listening to???

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Man - they have a lot of really good covers. I particularly like this one:

Good find, Buff.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm thinking about uploading my sing-a-long version of it. One of my cats joins in, too.
    Yes, please.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Everything is amazing from those two covers sans the Yankees hat.

I have a Sound of Silence rant over that new-fangled piece of shit cover by the heavy metal band, but I'll stop here.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Mom was a huge Daryl Hall & John Oates listener back in 'nam. So I grew up on H&O 8-trax, LPs and such. I always liked them but as my tastes became my own and I favored Bauhaus and Public Enemy they fell away. Listening now, I'm impressed by the musicianship. I was always taken by the songcraft, but what gets me now is how good the bassist was. I find that there is almost always an amazing bassist behind all the great music I loved, and I always took it for granted. Janes, Tool, the list goes on.

So bassists, this song is dedicated to you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The bass doesn't stand out in that track but it's a gem. But focus on the bass in Paxton's song...that's quality right there

"You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

9. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Fallon's child-like enthusiasm is contagious

11. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Fallon's child-like enthusiasm is contagious
    Hell yeah it is!! I'd party with that dude.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Everything is amazing from those two covers sans the Yankees hat.

I have a Sound of Silence rant over that new-fangled piece of shit cover by the heavy metal band, but I'll stop here.
    upload some MO covers instead. . .

15. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I can see jaded listening to this Seattle classic.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Favorite Weird Al?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Correct answer, everyone give yourself 100 points. No one gives a fug about Weird Al.

I'm in the mood to find bass cutouts of my favorite songs, favorite bassists.

Gotta give a shout to Tony Lombardo of The Descendants, this bass is so sick!

Sublime's bassist Eric Wilson was pretty rad...just being able to hang with Lombardo's tempo is legit...but I think they are faster by like 8 bpm.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Then there's this guy Lemmy. Anyone else have a bASS fixation?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information