Page 796 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 296 696 746 786 794 795 796 797 798 806 846 896 ... LastLast
Results 11,926 to 11,940 of 17181

Thread: what are you listening to???

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Scottish indie steel guitar with possibly homo lead vocals and a profound lamenty but righteously indignant badassery. <--words

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

And who can forget the sweet sweet twang of the pedal steel on Ice Cube's N*gga you love to Hate?

If you missed it, just listen again.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

So, Buff, what I'm getting at is that every song you ever loved owes itself to that ol' steel guitar. Slipknot, SOAD, you name it, riddled to the core with that ol dobro sound.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Damn, how could I leave this one out of my steel guitar world domination pogrom?

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

#HawgAttack

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I am curious if there's anything in there that appeals to Buff.

I have some friends with amazingly diverse tastes in music that just hate certain aspects of music like a picky eater might avoid certain textures..., like production quality, singer voice quality, or steel guitar. I agree with buff on saxophone. Same with trumpet for me (sorry Miles Davis). I might give Miles another go...

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Funny you mention Miles Davis. It's a cold, overcast day which means it's the perfect weather for Miles Davis. Was listening to Kind of Blue earlier.

11. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Avenged Sevenfold - Waking the Fallen

Never gave it much of a chance back when I bought it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Just finished listening to Car Seat Headrest's Teens of Denial album. It's the top rock album on Rolling Stone's top albums of the year list. Kind of a pop-punk thing, a little Weazer in there, a little Nirvana (the softer side). I liked it. I don't think it will enter my rotation though. It's definitely interesting.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Been listening to a lot of old metal lately, stuff I skipped over. Megadeth, Maiden, Slayer. Required reading lol.

16. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Just turned on the new Rolling Stones album. All old, obscure blues covers. It's pretty good thus far.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I am about to drive from Houston to Knoxville, TN. I need two albums. I'm going to stop at the used CD place in a bit. I was told there was no working radio in the car, but the car has a working CD player.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

This is what I settled on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14813984687431328023365.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	9871

IClick image for larger version. 

Name:	14813984687431328023365.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	9871'll report back.

20. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Early favorite.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information