Page 1016 of 1144 FirstFirst ... 16 516 916 966 1006 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1026 1066 1116 ... LastLast
Results 15,226 to 15,240 of 17157

Thread: what are you listening to???

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

4. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

just cause

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Pretty cool...

Another piece that worked better than expected was the telephone operator. Roger was keen to illustrate the personal disconnect of being on the road. We were in L.A. at Producer’s Workshop so I phoned my neighbour, Chris Fitzmorris in London. He had the keys to my flat and I asked him to go there and said that I would call him through an operator. “No matter how many times I call”, I said, “just pick up the phone, say ‘Hello’, let the operator speak and then hang up”. I placed a telephone in a soundproof area, got on to an extension phone and started recording to ¼” tape. It took a couple of operators – the first 2 were a bit abrupt, but the 3rd was perfect. I told her that I wanted to make a collect call to Mrs. Floyd. “Who’s calling?” she asked. “Mr. Floyd”, I replied. Chris’s timing was terrific, over and over he would hang up just at the right moment and she became genuinely concerned. “Is there supposed to be someone there besides your wife?” I was playing her along saying things like “No! I don’t know who that is!” “What’s going on?” and she would try the call again. Unwittingly, she was helping to tell the story. Afterwards I went through the ¼” and edited my voice out, just leaving her and Chris. I sometimes wonder if she ever heard herself on the record.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Pretty cool...
    Heard that a million times and never really stopped to consider what it is... Interesting.

Not as cool, but in the Manson song tourniquet, the first few seconds is him playing an audio recording of him saying "this is my lowest point of vulnerability" backwards. Seemed like an interesting easter egg at the time.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Heard that a million times and never really stopped to consider what it is... Interesting.

Not as cool, but in the Manson song tourniquet, the first few seconds is him playing an audio recording of him saying "this is my lowest point of vulnerability" backwards. Seemed like an interesting easter egg at the time.

Its weirder the older I get the more I appreciate Manson. Dude is very intelligent and I have been watching lyric videos from him lately and just love some of the subtext. Very disarming in interviews as well.

New stuff coming out recently I have been keeping tabs on with some Bowie influence:

But this is my favorite of his newer stuff, aside from The Pale Emperor album which was great front to back:

NIN was my gateway to him, but their new EPs are too ethereal and soundtrack-like for my liking. Hopefully their next album is more the Industrial Rock I fell in love with instead of ambient clicking noises with Trent Reznor cussing and reciting poetry.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Adding this to my swim playlist for this evening...
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Josh of Atomic Werewolf was kind enough to send Missy and i a couple of shirts, patches, stickers, flyer, and vinyl. I offered to pay him for it but he was like "nah, i got you". KILLER!

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Never knew there was another Osbourne sibling and i find it fascinating that at a young age she chose not to be a part of the tv show and wanted to be out of the lime light. The earlier work from this band is more pop oriented but this song has a bit of atmospheric rock vibe and im digging it. She has a phenomenal voice as well, kind of reminds me of a cross between Chelsea Wolfe and Fiona Apple.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Early B-52s albums.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Maybe its because I was an 80's kid, but I have been diving into some Electronic Pop lately. The Knife is one of my new favorites:

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Maybe its because I was an 80's kid, but I have been diving into some Electronic Pop lately. The Knife is one of my new favorites:
    Electronic pop was def not in fashion when this song came out (2003). Which just goes to show--'you do you' is good advice!

I'm trying to figure out how to be a keyboard player in a band and songs like this are instructive. I'd rather do that than guitar or w/e. But what kind of sound? I'm kind of thinking we aim for Tycho but with more of Mogwai's hard edge, maybe some black metal influences, a dash of Joy Division and Depeche Mode...and some of this!!

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

One of the more underrated bands.

25. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I’d hit it.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information