Page 1011 of 1144 FirstFirst ... 11 511 911 961 1001 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1021 1061 1111 ... LastLast
Results 15,151 to 15,165 of 17160

Thread: what are you listening to???

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Agree
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Speaking of NIN though,

Pretty Hate Machine > The Downward Spiral

Sorry, not sorry.
    Help me with the math here, North. I have two numbers, 4.00 and 3.68. Which one do I use, ">" or "<"? TIA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrong.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	17289
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Help me with the math here, North. I have two numbers, 4.00 and 3.68. Which one do I use, ">" or "<"? TIA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrong.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	17289
    Yea, your math is quite bad. The fact there are more reviews and ratings than PHM is why your math is off so i hope that helps.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Yea, your math is quite bad. The fact there are more reviews and ratings than PHM is why your math is off so i hope that helps.

So Downward Spiral gets almost twice as many people to take the time to rate it, and they average to 4.0...but of the true fans, the hardcore NiN fans...they rate PHM significantly lower?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    So Downward Spiral gets almost twice as many people to take the time to rate it, and they average to 4.0...but of the true fans, the hardcore NiN fans...they rate PHM significantly lower?
    Yea, because lets face it there are a lot of stupid people out there that actually think DS is better. Meanwhile PHM is so kvlt that only true fans know of its greatness.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Speaking of NIN though,

Pretty Hate Machine > The Downward Spiral

Sorry, not sorry.
    The Fragile is my personal favorite NIN album. Gonna pull the trigger on the Vinyl when he does the re-release because the original pressing is close to $300.

Ranks:

• Fragile
    • Downward Spiral
    • Year Zero
    • The Slip
    • Broken
    • Pretty Hate Machine
    • Hesitation Marks
    • With Teeth
    • Ghosts, etc.

Didn't care for the latest EPs like Bad Witch and Add Violence, but I appreciate what he and Atticus are trying to do. Give me stuff like this any day though:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    The Fragile is my personal favorite NIN album. Gonna pull the trigger on the Vinyl when he does the re-release because the original pressing is close to $300.

Ranks:

• Fragile
    • Downward Spiral
    • Year Zero
    • The Slip
    • Broken
    • Pretty Hate Machine
    • Hesitation Marks
    • With Teeth
    • Ghosts, etc.

Didn't care for the latest EPs like Bad Witch and Add Violence, but I appreciate what he and Atticus are trying to do. Give me stuff like this any day though:

You are out of your mind.....

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

You are out of your mind.....
    Love Pretty Hate Machine... it just seems so quaint now!

And don't give me any shit... I own ALL the HALOs and bootlegs! PHM was Trent stealing his style from when he played keyboards with Slam Bamboo and trying to incorporate his depression into it (check out the 55 second mark!):

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Mr. Mister - Welcome to the Real World

I've listened to this album three or four times now. Not because it's good. Because I can't decide what to think about it.

The first thing that hits me is OMG 80s MUSIC. Not good or bad, just...wow. That is soooo distinctively 80s. And that's kind of a thing, when a sound is so recognizable it can be placed in an instant.

I'm not sure what it is. I think the major record labels had certain groupthink ideas on how drums should sound, from a production/engineer standpoint. The bass guitars of pop acts all kinda sound similar too, a kind of semi-prominent janky sound. Very clean spatial aspect to the recording. But most of all, the synths and keyboard. Lots of pad and synth sounds.

The A-side of this album is what makes it so tricky to decide where this album falls. Because the B-side has some juice--Is It Love, Kyrie, Broken Wings. The A-side is, in some ways, forgettable bordering on lame. But it's actually almost compelling.

My entire life, up to this point, consisted of Mr. Mister being a Top 40 type pop band of no account. A catchy song or two that gets pushed by the industrial music machine. Worker bees, not creatives. I actually wanted to be wrong about that--I was willing to admit that I had made a mistake.

But I don't think I did. There is more to Mr. Mister than 'worker bee'. But they never actually make a new sound.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

For Hawg,

13. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Let's Rid3!!!!

16. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Let's Rid3!!!!

18. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

"Guitar solo so tasty it could feed a family of four."

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information