Page 1010 of 1145 FirstFirst ... 10 510 910 960 1000 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1020 1060 1110 ... LastLast
Results 15,136 to 15,150 of 17171

Thread: what are you listening to???

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

On another message board we have a recommend an album thing going on, which is forcing me to listen to new stuff. So I'm trying to figure out what I think about these albums...

Rise Against - The Sufferer and The Witness
    KSI - Dissimulation
    Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes
    Patti Smith - Horses
    Heavy Metal - Original Soundtrack
    Ani DiFranco - Not A Pretty Girl
    Yaz - You and Me Both
    Basement Jaxx - Remedy
    The The - Dusk
    Big Head Todd and the Monsters - Sister Sweetly
    World Party - Goodbye Jumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    On another message board we have a recommend an album thing going on, which is forcing me to listen to new stuff. So I'm trying to figure out what I think about these albums...

Rise Against - The Sufferer and The Witness
    KSI - Dissimulation
    Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes
    Patti Smith - Horses
    Heavy Metal - Original Soundtrack
    Ani DiFranco - Not A Pretty Girl
    Yaz - You and Me Both
    Basement Jaxx - Remedy
    The The - Dusk
    Big Head Todd and the Monsters - Sister Sweetly
    World Party - Goodbye Jumbo
    I can only speak to Big Head Todd whom I've seen in concert over a dozen times thanks to my wife being a fan, but they are pretty cool. The only other ones I've heard are Rise Against, Violent Femmes, and Ani DiFranco and they just aren't my cup o' tea.

4. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I can only speak to Big Head Todd whom I've seen in concert over a dozen times thanks to my wife being a fan, but they are pretty cool. The only other ones I've heard are Rise Against, Violent Femmes, and Ani DiFranco and they just aren't my cup o' tea.
    They are not my cup o' tea either--but I need to find out if the treatments will be effective!

"You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

They are not my cup o' tea either--but I need to find out if the treatments will be effective!

If your ear holes want some BHTM, you should check out Beautiful World or Riviera which are much tighter albums. Midnight Radio is also a good one:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    If your ear holes want some BHTM, you should check out Beautiful World or Riviera which are much tighter albums. Midnight Radio is also a good one:
    I am not making these decisions, which is kind of a good thing. I'm just following orders on which albums to listen to. It's kind of fun.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I am not making these decisions, which is kind of a good thing. I'm just following orders on which albums to listen to. It's kind of fun.
    Its one of the main reasons I frequent these threads! Try to check out new stuff all the time.

10. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm listening to The Downward Spiral (one of my contributions, tyvm) and man...

You forget all the details that made it so good.

For example, in Closer (I want to wub you like an animal) not only is the intro slow-march bass/snare combo so perfect...there's that faint spooky wind noise in the background.

Album is just chock full of details like that, and it's kind of easy to forget just how much of a genius album it is.

12. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

This song is soooo good! Bring your chains...

that video is straight bizarre tho

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I'm listening to The Downward Spiral (one of my contributions, tyvm) and man...

You forget all the details that made it so good.

For example, in Closer (I want to wub you like an animal) not only is the intro slow-march bass/snare combo so perfect...there's that faint spooky wind noise in the background.

Album is just chock full of details like that, and it's kind of easy to forget just how much of a genius album it is.
    One very trendy POV is when people ask the question "what cover song is better than the original?" lots of people cite Johnny Cash's cover of hurt. And that is an objectively wrong POV that hurts my heart.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    One very trendy POV is when people ask the question "what cover song is better than the original?" lots of people cite Johnny Cash's cover of hurt. And that is an objectively wrong POV that hurts my heart.
    I always thought it was a gimmick of sorts. It works though, and Cash pulls it off beautifully. I bear it no ill will.

17. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I always thought it was a gimmick of sorts. It works though, and Cash pulls it off beautifully. I bear it no ill will.
    Trent did an intro at Red Rocks a few years back before the song about how grateful he was to not be in the place he was in when he wrote it. I just think there is a rawness that is lost in the Cash version - kind of sanitizes it a bit. Still a great cover - I just prefer the original.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Trent did an intro at Red Rocks a few years back before the song about how grateful he was to not be in the place he was in when he wrote it. I just think there is a rawness that is lost in the Cash version - kind of sanitizes it a bit. Still a great cover - I just prefer the original.
    Trent was definitely in a place when he wrote that album.

'maybe I'll put a hole in your head. you know, just for the **** of it.'

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

It is a pretty great cover though and im not much of a Cash fan. I think even Reznor said he felt it was a better version although im sure he was just being humble about it.

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Speaking of NIN though,

Pretty Hate Machine > The Downward Spiral

Sorry, not sorry.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information