Page 1001 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 501 901 951 991 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1011 1051 1101 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,015 of 17181

Thread: what are you listening to???

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Korn sucks, I don't know what Filter is, and Radiohead is a good band.
    And to think you were on such a good roll with you and i agreeing on shit. But you have fallen back down to earth my little angel.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Oh, and Filter.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

That is a pretty good song, if a bit overlong.

I will accept a compromise that Filter > Radiohead as long as we can agree that the world would be a better place if Korn never existed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

That is a pretty good song, if a bit overlong.

I will accept a compromise that Filter > Radiohead as long as we can agree that the world would be a better place if Korn never existed.
    No, Korn is life and life is peachy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Korn sucks, I don't know what Filter is, and Radiohead is a good band.
    Dude wtf really
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Dude wtf really

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    No, Korn is life and life is peachy.
    Korn basically created the worst genre of music known to man!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Korn basically created the worst genre of music known to man!
    Well technically Faith No More did that but i would beg to differ if its the worst genre of music. Country would take that crown personally.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

"Nu-metal makes my stomach turn. Don't blame that poo poo on us, blame it on their mothers! Do you think I listen to any of that stuff at all? No, it's for 13-year-old morons! Believe me, we'll all be laughing about nu-metal in a couple of years. Heck, I'm actually laughing at it now!" - Mike Patton criticizing nu metal in 2002.[77]

"When I'm asked what do I think of a lot of the nu-metal bands that are out there, my response is that it seems really insincere to me. 'I've had a really shitty childhood and I'm really upset and I'm really ugly and I've put a lot of make-up on and I'm harder and faster and my voice sounds more like the cookie monster's than yours does'. To me it all comes across as being comical, as being a parody of itself."[383] - Trent Reznor

In response to reports that Fred Durst, lead singer of Limp Bizkit, is a big fan of Tool, the latter's vocalist Maynard James Keenan said, "If the lunch-lady in high school hits on you, you appreciate the compliment, but you're not really gonna start dating the lunch-lady, are ya?"[384] While Durst has cited Rage Against the Machine as a major influence,[385][386] the band's bassist Tim Commerford is open about his hatred of Limp Bizkit, describing them as "one of the dumbest bands in the history of music".[387] At the 2000 MTV Video Music Awards, Limp Bizkit won the Best Rock Video category for their song "Break Stuff", beating Rage Against the Machine's "Sleep Now in the Fire".[386] When Limp Bizkit accepted their award, Commerford went on stage and climbed 20 ft (6 m) up a backdrop, rocking back and forth.[386][388] After the incident, Commerford was arrested and spent a night in jail.[386][387] Commerford said in 2015, "I do apologize for Limp Bizkit. I really do. I feel really bad that we inspired such bullshit ... They're gone, though. That's the beautiful thing."[385][386]

Lamb of God's vocalist Randy Blythe criticized the nu metal genre and spoke about its loss of popularity in 2004, saying, "Nu-metal sucks, so that's why that's dying off. And I think ... ... people are ready for angrier music. I think people are ready for something that's real, not, you know, 'I did it all for the nookie.'"[375] Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine said he would "rather have his eyelids pulled out" than listen to nu metal.[376] Gary Holt, a member of the thrash metal bands Exodus and Slayer, said that he "was so glad about" the decline of nu metal.[377]

"We've really moved away from anything that sounds like nu-metal. I know that we kind of helped create, I guess, the sound of that genre, but I hate that genre. I'm not going to speak for everyone, but I can personally tell you that I am not a big fan of almost everybody in that category. There are a few bands that I don't really believe belong in there, and we're one of those bands." - Chester Bennington of Linkin Park on the style of Minutes to Midnight.[297]

There's a lot of hate going on there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

It's critics were jealous of their success on the post-Metallica sellout train.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

"Nu-metal makes my stomach turn. Don't blame that poo poo on us, blame it on their mothers! Do you think I listen to any of that stuff at all? No, it's for 13-year-old morons! Believe me, we'll all be laughing about nu-metal in a couple of years. Heck, I'm actually laughing at it now!" - Mike Patton criticizing nu metal in 2002.[77]

"When I'm asked what do I think of a lot of the nu-metal bands that are out there, my response is that it seems really insincere to me. 'I've had a really shitty childhood and I'm really upset and I'm really ugly and I've put a lot of make-up on and I'm harder and faster and my voice sounds more like the cookie monster's than yours does'. To me it all comes across as being comical, as being a parody of itself."[383] - Trent Reznor

In response to reports that Fred Durst, lead singer of Limp Bizkit, is a big fan of Tool, the latter's vocalist Maynard James Keenan said, "If the lunch-lady in high school hits on you, you appreciate the compliment, but you're not really gonna start dating the lunch-lady, are ya?"[384] While Durst has cited Rage Against the Machine as a major influence,[385][386] the band's bassist Tim Commerford is open about his hatred of Limp Bizkit, describing them as "one of the dumbest bands in the history of music".[387] At the 2000 MTV Video Music Awards, Limp Bizkit won the Best Rock Video category for their song "Break Stuff", beating Rage Against the Machine's "Sleep Now in the Fire".[386] When Limp Bizkit accepted their award, Commerford went on stage and climbed 20 ft (6 m) up a backdrop, rocking back and forth.[386][388] After the incident, Commerford was arrested and spent a night in jail.[386][387] Commerford said in 2015, "I do apologize for Limp Bizkit. I really do. I feel really bad that we inspired such bullshit ... They're gone, though. That's the beautiful thing."[385][386]

Lamb of God's vocalist Randy Blythe criticized the nu metal genre and spoke about its loss of popularity in 2004, saying, "Nu-metal sucks, so that's why that's dying off. And I think ... ... people are ready for angrier music. I think people are ready for something that's real, not, you know, 'I did it all for the nookie.'"[375] Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine said he would "rather have his eyelids pulled out" than listen to nu metal.[376] Gary Holt, a member of the thrash metal bands Exodus and Slayer, said that he "was so glad about" the decline of nu metal.[377]

"We've really moved away from anything that sounds like nu-metal. I know that we kind of helped create, I guess, the sound of that genre, but I hate that genre. I'm not going to speak for everyone, but I can personally tell you that I am not a big fan of almost everybody in that category. There are a few bands that I don't really believe belong in there, and we're one of those bands." - Chester Bennington of Linkin Park on the style of Minutes to Midnight.[297]

There's a lot of hate going on there.

Oh yea, they have their haters but then there were bands like Slayer who love Slipknot and before Korn got big they played the Milwaukee Metalfest in 94' and yet every metalhead at the festival was headbanging and moshing to them. And that festival was known for having far heavier bands on their bills.

For me personally i find the comments by members of Tool and RATM hilarious as i think Bizkit is better than both those bands.

And even though i love Pretty Hate Machine outside of that album NIN has maybe a handful of songs that i enjoy off the later releases but none of them come close to being better than a majority of Korn songs.

Yep, i said it. **** the haters. Lol

13. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Limp Bizkit...better than RATM and Tool?

North, you're a madman!!!

15. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Limp Bizkit...better than RATM and Tool?

North, you're a madman!!!
    Easily dude, easily.

Cannot stress enough how overrated Tool and RATM are. I certainly can appreciate some of the music both those bands have in their catalog but no way are they some of the best out there and no way they are better than Limp Bizkit. Got to see both Tool and Limp at Ozzfest one year and Tool bored me to tears. At least Durst and company were dancing around a giant toilet they had on stage and that was far more entertaining. Not to mention Bizkit killed it at HFS Festival 99'. Granted, there were a lot of other great bands that day but they kicked a lot of ass.

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Thems some wild thoughts, Northman, but I appreciate that we all have our own weird music that we hate and love and etc. Makes things fun.

I went digging in storage for my De La Soul 3 Feet High and Rising CD. Saw that they are selling for upwards of $50 on amazon.

19. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Easily dude, easily.

Cannot stress enough how overrated Tool and RATM are. I certainly can appreciate some of the music both those bands have in their catalog but no way are they some of the best out there and no way they are better than Limp Bizkit. Got to see both Tool and Limp at Ozzfest one year and Tool bored me to tears. At least Durst and company were dancing around a giant toilet they had on stage and that was far more entertaining. Not to mention Bizkit killed it at HFS Festival 99'. Granted, there were a lot of other great bands that day but they kicked a lot of ass.
    First Limp Bizkit album was great at the time. Zach DLR always grated on me - I still prefer Audioslave to RATM.

I disagree on Tool, but they are an acquired taste.

Korn is another "Nu metal" bad who deserves more credit. They had a lot of great albums and kind of defined the genre. It's out of style, but I still love a good Korn live show.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information