Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A little perspective

Default A little perspective

Today's game was terrible. Horrible. The worst loss since ... December 2008 when San Diego beat up the Broncos to the tune of 52-21.

Hey, I'm not saying McD is the answer (after today, anyone who doesn't doubt McD's ability to prepare the players should be questioned as a sane individual). But the Broncos didn't get bad during his watch. They've been bad for a while.

I just didn't realize it until today. And though I'm not psychic and don't know anyone who posts here on a personal level, I'm thinking a lot of you are realizing the same thing.

The most striking image from today's game was in the fourth quarter when Brandon Lloyd and somebody else were on the bench laughing about things. I didn't understand how they could react that way. I do now. The Broncos don't have a culture of winning anymore.

And moreso than changing the players or the coach, the Broncos need to change that mindset that's content to lose. If they don't this team won't win regardless of who's playing or coaching or presiding in the owner's box.

My thoughts. Flame on.

2. The Following 9 Users High Fived rationalfan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea, we've gone from a .500 team to a cellar dwellar. But, McD was brought in to change all of that which you mentioned. Now, as some of you are finding out he isnt the answer that some thought he was.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Noah Fant

The game just is not what it used to be. I'm about to throw in the towel on this bunch.

Has anyone on this board actually watched the Chefs play this year? Those guys remind me of the Orange Crush. They're flying around the field like wildmen on defense and they've got the best young running backs in the NFL.

After today I'm gonna root for the Godamned Chefs, until Denver decides to actually put together a football team.

On the other hand I guess we could be looking at some very high picks next draft.

#1- another undersized, kinda slow TB
    #2- A MikeLB/with a totally blownout knee
    #3- an undersized,slow, unmotivated defensive end/SLB
    #4- a very slow, slow witted TE that hasn't caught a pass in his college career
    #5- a very average LG that will not be able to beat out Russ Hochstein
    #6- (laughing too hard to hardly type) A long snapper
    Last edited by horsepig; 10-24-2010 at 10:41 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived horsepig For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by horsepig View Post
    The game just is not what it used to be. I'm about to throw in the towel on this bunch.

Has anyone on this board actually watched the Chefs play this year? Those guys remind me of the Orange Crush. They're flying around the field like wildmen on defense and they've got the best young running backs in the NFL.

After today I'm gonna root for the Godamned Chefs, until Denver decides to actually put together a football team.
    wow..really gonna root for my Chiefs? Now you all know how I have felt the last couple of seasons BUT I have NEVER quit cheering my Chiefs on...have been disgusted as hell..but I will ALWAYS be a Chiefs fan.

horsepig they are playing some good ball.

8. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by rationalfan View Post
    Today's game was terrible. Horrible. The worst loss since ... December 2008 when San Diego beat up the Broncos to the tune of 52-21.

Hey, I'm not saying McD is the answer (after today, anyone who doesn't doubt McD's ability to prepare the players should be questioned as a sane individual). But the Broncos didn't get bad during his watch. They've been bad for a while.

I just didn't realize it until today. And though I'm not psychic and don't know anyone who posts here on a personal level, I'm thinking a lot of you are realizing the same thing.

The most striking image from today's game was in the fourth quarter when Brandon Lloyd and somebody else were on the bench laughing about things. I didn't understand how they could react that way. I do now. The Broncos don't have a culture of winning anymore.

And moreso than changing the players or the coach, the Broncos need to change that mindset that's content to lose. If they don't this team won't win regardless of who's playing or coaching or presiding in the owner's box.

My thoughts. Flame on.
    No flaming here. It looking to me like we've regressed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

It is one game.

Soon it will be Tebow Time.

Rebuilding.

Then the lockout.

Just gotta hunker down and take what comes.

Once we accept that it is a throwaway season...
    and that it is Tebow's learning time...
    the pressure will go away.

We can become spoilers.

Any one who loses to us from now on is to be embarrassed.

This, too, shall pass.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by rationalfan View Post

My thoughts. Flame on.
    Sure they are laughing, they get paid regardless of the shit product they serve up for the fans. 3/4 of this team are mercenaries. They have no love for, and no loyalty to this team. It's McDaniels' job to instill those values but obviously it's just not happening. McDaniels wasn't even alive when the Broncos went to their first Superbowl. Most of the guys on the bench out there were still in grade school when we won our 2 Superbowls. They have no sense of loyalty, pride, or heritage. They play for that next contract and hopefully if they don't have to work too hard for a shot at a championship. I find it hysterical that a guy like Tony Scheffler would be traded for wishing the season would end out loud, but the current roster (of McDaniels' boot-lickers) can joke and laugh while we get embarrassed by our opponents at home. I'm a Broncos fan talking, but if I saw that shit, I'd make them sit the next game and allow them to re-evaluate their place on this team and in this organization and God-Forbid they were wearing a "C" on their jersey they'd be stripped of that letter and get at least a 2 game sit down.

This loss is much worse than the 52-21 drubbing at the hands of the Playoff Bound Chargers who were a much more talented team than we were at the time. This 59-14 embarrassment is against a team that hasn't had a winning record in almost a decade. A team that changes coaches and QBs like most people change underwear. A team with an almost Down's Syndrome level of intelligence at head coach and a "Managing Partner" (Contrary to popular belief, Al Davis doesn't own the Raiders) that football passed by 2 decades ago.

We were crushed at home by one of the worst teams in the league. A team that we all hate by far (well, if you've been a Bronco fan for longer than a few years) above all the other teams in our division. These are our arch-enemies. Why should the players care? At this point, the only reason I think McDaniels cares is because he might be fired at season's end. Not that getting fired is a bad thing for him because he gets paid money for nothing, but i don't think his ego could take it.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 10-24-2010 at 10:43 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

13. The Following 8 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    It is one game.

Soon it will be Tebow Time.

Rebuilding.

Then the lockout.

Just gotta hunker down and take what comes.

Once we accept that it is a throwaway season...
    and that it is Tebow's learning time...
    the pressure will go away.

We can become spoilers.

Any one who loses to us from now on is to be embarrassed.

This, too, shall pass.

So, your basically throwing in the towel?

Tony Dungy wasn't allowed to simply lose and lose in KC, and he took over a LOSING team.

Norv Turner, hasn't been losing, yet his job is in HUGE jeaopardy right now.

Marty, when in KC, was cut after just his FIRST losing season.

So its not hard to see and understand that a team that goes 4-13 with a descending pattern of play..has a coach who's job isn't the "most secure."

is it guaranteed that he loses his job after this loss... no. But lets be realistic that Bowlen's eyes just got a LOT wider......just as the eyes of the fan's have.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

16. The Following 6 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Denver's collapse started with the last game of last season when KC came to town and laid them out...I'm serious.
    and ironic enough it's when the Chiefs started turning things around.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

As already pointed out. If Houston fails to make the playoffs this year i would be willing to bet that Kubes will be gone.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    Denver's collapse started with the last game of last season when KC came to town and laid them out...I'm serious.
    BS!

It started when Stay Puff drove down on us for the winning drive the week before. Charles just put the nail in the coffin.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    and ironic enough it's when the Chiefs started turning things around.
    No girl, it started when the Baltimore Ravens exposed the Broncos paper tiger offense for what it was after the bye week last year. They laid out the blueprint for other teams to follow and so far it's worked. We haven't been the same since. 4-13 and counting.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    BS!

It started when Stay Puff drove down on us for the winning drive the week before. Charles just put the nail in the coffin.
    I was trying to soften it up a bit for you guys after what happened today..

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived KCL For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    As already pointed out. If Houston fails to make the playoffs this year i would be willing to bet that Kubes will be gone.
    I agree, and rightfully so. How long has Kubes been there now?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information