Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Summer Olympics 2008

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I did not know this, but Michael Phelps’ has ADHD

http://adderworld.com/blog1/2008/08/...al-in-beijing/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Another fantastic day for Team GB
    LOVE UNITED HATE GLAZER

Default Filthy Ukranian drug cheat!

Olympics heptathlon silver medallist Liudmyla Blonska is facing a lifetime ban after failing a drugs test for the second time in five years.

If Blonska's B sample matches her A sample she will be expelled from the Beijing Games and stripped of silver.

Hyleas Fountain of the US finished third in the heptathlon while Russia's Tatiana Chernova was fourth.

The Ukrainian, 30, was handed a two-year ban in June 2003 when traces of stanozolol were found in her system.

Britain's Kelly Sotherton was fifth in a competition won by the Ukraine's Nataliia Dobrynska.

The International Olympic Committee has opened a disciplinary hearing into Blonska's case and it is expected to rule on it on Thursday.

Nick Davies, head of communications of the International Association of Athletics Federations, said: "She's already come back from a two-year ban.

"It is fair in life to give people a second chance but now (if it is proved) she has committed an offence again, it is a life ban and good riddance quite frankly.

Blonska is also competing in the long jump and was third in qualifying ahead of Friday's final. Her place in that event is now in jeopardy.

Davies said he understood the test was believed to have uncovered an anabolic steroid.

It is the fifth positive test of the Games so far - after the Spanish cyclist Maria Isabel Moreno, North Korean shooter Kim Jong Su, Vietnamese gymnast Do Thi Ngan Thuong and Greek athlete Fani Halkia failed tests - but by far the most high profile.

BBC Radio 5 Live sports news correspondent Gordon Farquhar says the IOC is yet to confirm the drug Blonska has tested positive for but that she's unlikely to be reprieved by the B sample.

"In 99% or more of cases, the B sample confirms the A sample," said Farquhar. "Often an athlete who knows they've been caught with their hands in the till don't tend to ask for it to be tested because they know it's a waste of time."

Under by-laws adhered to by the Olympic associations of Great Britain, Norway and China, those found guilty of drug offences receive a lifetime ban from any subsequent Games.

Sotherton has repeatedly denounced Blonska, most prominently after the Ukrainian beat her to the silver medal in the 2007 world championships in Osaka, where the Brit came third.

Had Blonska tested positive in 2003 under current anti-doping rules, she would have received a four year ban and denied the opportunity to compete in the following Olympics.

But at the time she tested positive, a more lenient regime was in place and she received a two-year ban from athletics - but no Olympic ban.

Medical experts have suggested Blonska may still be benefiting from the effects of stanozolol and, upon returning from her ban, she raised her personal best from 6,316 points to 6,832 points.

"I'm not happy she competed again," said Sotherton earlier this week. "We have rules in our country that we abide by.

"We don't bring anybody who cheated previously, so why should any other country? I'd have been really upset if she'd won gold.

Britain's former Olympic champion Denise Lewis says she will be glad to see the back of Blonska.

"She's been caught once before and I'm all for giving people one more chance but it's obvious that if you're going to cheat you probably will always be a cheat, and I'm glad she'll be gone from the sport for good," Lewis told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth considering the girls give everything in the heptathlon. She shouldn't have been taking part in the heptathlon and good riddance.

"You would think she'd learn her lesson but obviously the temptation, whether it's the money, it attracts these people to cheating.

Lewis, who won heptathlon gold at Sydney 2000, added: "It's utterly disgusting and it has spoilt the heptathlon for me."
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Bolt doubles up, and takes the WR into a head wind!

Add me on Facebook!

7. The Following User High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I think China cheats

I watched some of the balance beam and the score they gave that girl was insane - she did one of the worst jobs ive seen - only thing she didnt do was fall off - she wobbled the whole time -

And they let that 13 year old keep her medal - not fair - a rule is a rule -
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived OB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    I think China cheats

I watched some of the balance beam and the score they gave that girl was insane - she did one of the worst jobs ive seen - only thing she didnt do was fall off - she wobbled the whole time -

And they let that 13 year old keep her medal - not fair - a rule is a rule -
    Did they prove she was 13?
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Did they prove she was 13?
    It depends on where you look and who you ask

To me its obvious she isnt 16 - i know the asians look younger but not THAT young - and do you see the look the other girls give china when they are announced - damnnnnn

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-..._b_118842.html

If any documents he found are valid - i would say it seems so

But on another note - it apparently is common practice - so what can you do

The scores on the beam pissed me off more - that was such a bias score - the announcers never stopped talking about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

12. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

I thought the American should've won the bars event. He was getting so much air and the 'danger' of his moves were so much worse than the Chinese guy who went laissez-faire on the matter.

Maybe I just don't "get" gymnastics, but half the scores have been totally bizarre to me.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived NameUsedBefore For This Post:

I haven't seen much of the coverage this year, but we all know people will get medals stripped/have dirty tests.

It sucks sooo bad for the clean athletes. The ones who never got to hear their anthem played, or get their time on the podium. They will never get that back.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Default 4 showjumpers suspended for doping their horses!

Four horses that contested the Olympic show jumping event have tested positive for the banned substance capsaicin.

Ireland's Denis Lynch, riding the horse Lantinus in the individual events, has been suspended from the Games.

Norway's Tony Andre Hansen on Camiro, Brazil's Bernardo Alves on Chupa Chup and Germany's Christian Ahlmann on Coster have also been suspended.

Lynch, Hansen and Alves were all scheduled to compete in Thursday's individual competition.

Ahlmann was not entered into the event.

Lynch has been competing as an individual because Ireland did not qualify for the team competition.

If the horses' B sample tests confirm their A samples, their countries will be disqualified from the team show jumping, which took place on Monday.

The announcement throws into doubt the medal order of that competition.

Norway won a bronze medal, its first ever placing in an Olympics equestrian event, while the United States took gold and Canada silver.

In its statement, the International Equestrian Federation (FEI) said the four horses had been "provisionally suspended by the FEI further to doping/medication control tests that indicated the present of capsaicin in each horse".

"Capsaicin is classified as a 'doping' prohibited substance given its hypersensitising properties, and as a 'medication class A' prohibited substance for its pain relieving properties."

The development casts another shadow over the equestrian after positive drugs tests forced a medal re-allocation at the 2004 Athens Games.

Germany were stripped of the team jumping gold in Athens after the horse ridden by Ludger Beerbaum, who is a lynchpin of his country's team in Beijing, was disqualified for a positive test.

Also in Athens, the Irishman Cian O'Connor was stripped of his individual gold medal on Waterford Crystal.

BBC equestrian commentator Michael Tucker told BBC Radio 5 Live: "It's very bad news all round, particularly as two of them were highly thought of as individual medals and all four riders are world-class jockeys.

"Capsaicin is basically rubbed onto the front of the legs and it makes the horses pick up their legs.

"The testing facilities and laboratories here in Hong Kong are second to none in the world class. The B samples are going to be carried out very, very quickly indeed.

"Norway will drop out of the medals and Switzerland will come up."

Sensitising your horse makes it less inclined to hit the fences. I have heard of some riders putting nails, barbed wire, and even roadkill hedgehogs in rails to train the horse to lift it's legs.

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    Four horses that contested the Olympic show jumping event have tested positive for the banned substance capsaicin.

Ireland's Denis Lynch, riding the horse Lantinus in the individual events, has been suspended from the Games.

Norway's Tony Andre Hansen on Camiro, Brazil's Bernardo Alves on Chupa Chup and Germany's Christian Ahlmann on Coster have also been suspended.

Lynch, Hansen and Alves were all scheduled to compete in Thursday's individual competition.

Ahlmann was not entered into the event.

Lynch has been competing as an individual because Ireland did not qualify for the team competition.

If the horses' B sample tests confirm their A samples, their countries will be disqualified from the team show jumping, which took place on Monday.

The announcement throws into doubt the medal order of that competition.

Norway won a bronze medal, its first ever placing in an Olympics equestrian event, while the United States took gold and Canada silver.

In its statement, the International Equestrian Federation (FEI) said the four horses had been "provisionally suspended by the FEI further to doping/medication control tests that indicated the present of capsaicin in each horse".

"Capsaicin is classified as a 'doping' prohibited substance given its hypersensitising properties, and as a 'medication class A' prohibited substance for its pain relieving properties."

The development casts another shadow over the equestrian after positive drugs tests forced a medal re-allocation at the 2004 Athens Games.

Germany were stripped of the team jumping gold in Athens after the horse ridden by Ludger Beerbaum, who is a lynchpin of his country's team in Beijing, was disqualified for a positive test.

Also in Athens, the Irishman Cian O'Connor was stripped of his individual gold medal on Waterford Crystal.

BBC equestrian commentator Michael Tucker told BBC Radio 5 Live: "It's very bad news all round, particularly as two of them were highly thought of as individual medals and all four riders are world-class jockeys.

"Capsaicin is basically rubbed onto the front of the legs and it makes the horses pick up their legs.

"The testing facilities and laboratories here in Hong Kong are second to none in the world class. The B samples are going to be carried out very, very quickly indeed.

"Norway will drop out of the medals and Switzerland will come up."

Sensitising your horse makes it less inclined to hit the fences. I have heard of some riders putting nails, barbed wire, and even roadkill hedgehogs in rails to train the horse to lift it's legs.
    Who ever knew that chili peppers would be a banned substance in the olympics.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

19. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

In other news, Shawn Merritt beat Jeremy Wariner in the 400m final. It was a USA 1,2,3.

And the USA men's and women's team are both out of the 4x100m relay finals after dropping the baton on the last change over.

Defending men's champs UK are out after their last runner went off too soon.

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    Glenn Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by NameUsedBefore View Post
    I thought the American should've won the bars event. He was getting so much air and the 'danger' of his moves were so much worse than the Chinese guy who went laissez-faire on the matter.

Maybe I just don't "get" gymnastics, but half the scores have been totally bizarre to me.
    The judging has been pretty bad this Olympics in regards to gymnastics. I have also noticed it in the diving competitions.

They have definately been pro China.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Stargazer For This Post:

Default Ukranian drug cheat stripped of medal!

Lyudmila Blonska was stripped of her Olympic heptathlon silver medal Friday, the highest-profile athlete kicked out of the Beijing Games so far for doping.

The International Olympic Committee said Blonska tested positive for the steroid methyltestosterone after finishing second in the heptathlon last Saturday behind teammate Nataliia Dobrynska.

Blonska was temporarily suspended by the IOC on Thursday, and her medal was officially removed Friday by the IOC executive board.

Blonska, who blamed her coach and husband for the positive test, also was dropped from Friday’s long jump final after finishing third in qualifying earlier in the week. Nigeria’s Blessing Okagbare advanced to the final in her place and won the bronze medal Friday.

The IOC also has asked the International Association of Athletics Federations to adjust the heptathlon results and consider further sanctions against Blonska.

The Ukrainian Olympic committee was ordered to return Blonska’s medal “as soon as possible.”

American Hyleas Fountain is in line to take the silver, with Russia’s Tatiana Chernova moving from fourth to bronze.

The IOC also reserved the right to take sanctions against Blonska’s coach and husband, Sergei Blonsky.

The 30-year-old Blonska faces a lifetime ban for a second doping offense. She was suspended from 2003-05 for using the steroid stanozolol.

Blonska’s backup “B” sample came back positive Thursday.

The IOC said she expressed “shock” at the results and couldn’t understand how the banned substance wound up in her system. Though she apologized and said she felt ashamed, Blonska blamed her husband, who has served as her coach for five years, for the failed doping test.

“She expressed that she trusted him to take care of her training and diet,” the IOC said. “She indicated that they had expressly agreed that she would not take any prohibited substances. However, her relationship with her husband was currently conflictual.”

Blonska’s expulsion was welcomed by Carolina Kluft, the 2004 Olympic heptathlon champion who finished ninth in the long jump Friday.

“She doesn’t deserve my thought,” the Swede said. “I am just happy she got caught and is out of the sport forever.”

Britain’s Kelly Sotherton, who moves up to fourth in the heptathlon results, had complained for months that Blonska should be barred from the Olympics because of her previous doping record.

“It’s great news, even if it’s quite negative,” she said. “It’s great news for my event and the other girls, especially as there was a medal on the line and hopefully that’s the last of her. I won’t have to talk about her again or compete against her again.”

Blonska is the biggest name among the five athletes who have tested positive so far at the games and is the second to be stripped of a medal. Previously disqualified were Greek hurdler Fani Halkia, North Korean shooter Kim Jong Su, Spanish cyclist Isabel Moreno and Vietnamese gymnast Thi Ngan Thuong Do. Kim was stripped of silver and bronze medals.

The IOC has carried out more than 4,600 doping tests so far, and the figure is expected to surpass 5,000 by the close of the games Sunday night.

Ukrainian team officials apologized for Blonska’s positive test but suggested it was an “extraordinary case” because of her husband’s role.

The IOC said Ukrainian officials should investigate his behavior and report back to the committee. A hearing on the case is scheduled be held in the Ukraine next Friday.

Add me on Facebook!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information