Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So, looking to the draft 2011

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default So, looking to the draft 2011

What do you think our needs will be?

Do you think Orton will still be the starter or do we move on to Tebow next year? Or even later this year?

A new coaching staff!

After that: DL, LB's, S, OL in that order!

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Not sure but we'll probably be picking in the top 5 then end up trading that pick a year later for a third string player. Mcd and Xanders are a joke and have made the Denver Broncos a joke.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

2011 needs would be

Coach
    OC
    Special teams Coach
    OL coach
    TE coach

then maybe DE
    NT
    LB
    S
    G
    RB

um yeah i will just stop now.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

7. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

We will trade our first round pick before the draft for Dennis Northcutt.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

I think we are seeing that Orton has come down to earth the last two weeks.

DOn't be shocked if we have a new coaching staff next season to start early and get ready for the draft.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    A new coaching staff!
    After a 59-14 ass beating...

I'm not sure if he needs to be fired or not, but I sure as hell don't want him anywhere near a top 5 pick.

...this is going to sting for a while
    Disclaimer: All content, presented in the above post does not necessarily reflect the true opinions of "TheDave" nor does the act of posting said post imply an endorsement of this post by it's author. Furthermore, "TheDave" does not guarantee the reliability, completeness, accuracy, timeliness or up-to-date-ness of the material presented in this post.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived TheDave For This Post:

Dline, and alot of it.

LB, because what we have isnt enough.

CB, i dont like our rookies to be taking over for Champ(he will be gone)

This is all if there is a next year.

Oline, yep, the new kids arent enough yet.

QB, we dont have one, tebow included. Not a knock on Orton who has impressed most of the way, but we need his replacement.

TE why we dont use them, but we could use something other than what we have.

RB what a mess we have there, maybe KM can get it going if we even try to make the running game work.
    Last edited by Krugan; 10-24-2010 at 06:22 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

DE/LB/NT, nothing else.

What really sucks is we could end up with a high pick, and then there's a lockout next season which is going to disrupt the NFL timeline, making it harder to know what kind of player we're getting, along with the rest of the NFL.

Doesn't matter.. we would trade it away or.. or... trade away clady only to use it on a LT.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

For those of you who think we need a QB, we should easily be within reach of either Mallet or Locker. Pertsonally, I'd like to see Tebow in action for a full season before we look for a replacement because i think he could be a winner in the pros.

I'd like us to look seriously at the DE from Ohio State (I forget his name) if we're picking top 5 (maybe) or top 10 (definitely).

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Locker sucks and in no way would I want him..we already have a project at the QB position.

Mallet is intriguing. great arm, tall, not sure if you wanna blow a high draft pick on a guy like him but he could blow up.

Doesn't OSU run a 4-3? Does that DE project as an OLB?

If this season is lost then I wouldn't mind them putting Tebow in there to see what we have with him. I am still boggled that we drafted that dude, but if he can demonstrate potential then that should at least take the QB position down a couple of pegs on the need board.

We still need the same things that we have for the last several years. We need help in the trenches, and new quality talent in several other areas. Again there is no way to address all of our needs in one draft, and bringing in aging players from other teams is not going to get the job done either.

It is going to probably take longer and be more painful then any of us want. I think today demonstrated that this team is not better than last year's version in any way, and if something doesn't change we will see more regime change and more rebuilding for years to come. Man that sucks. . . .

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Locker sucks and in no way would I want him..we already have a project at the QB position.

Mallet is intriguing. great arm, tall, not sure if you wanna blow a high draft pick on a guy like him but he could blow up.

Doesn't OSU run a 4-3? Does that DE project as an OLB?
    I'm pretty sure he's a big one. 6'4 or 5" and in the 290 range. I've heard guys compare him to Richard Seymour a lot. maybe I'm wrong, but he sounds like exactly the type of guy we need on the D-Line.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information