Thread: Add #1 RB and #4 passer to the list

Default Add #1 RB and #4 passer to the list

Henry @ 267 yards running - #1
    Cutler @ 573 yards passing - #4

Den @ 455 total off. yards - #1

Total D - DEN #2
    Passing D - Den #1 (62 yards )

Rushing D - Den #27 we really need to work on this.

So far so good. I can't say I expected everything to be perfect from game 1. I'm not at all suprised we are having some red zone issues. I am happy about the production in yards so far though. You have to be blind to not see the potential here. I give the team till game 5 or 6 to click in the red zone and start putting up more points.
    Last edited by Astrass; 09-18-2007 at 12:13 PM.

WOOHOOO

i give them until week 4 at indy, thats when shanny is going to release the hoonds. travis and selvin will light it up. and from then on like 60% or redzone tds will be rushing.

i 100% agree with the offense and think its is going to be great. i am although very suspect on the defense. i know how we are ranked and will enjoy it for now. But we havent played any team that can really score/drive the ball.

indy will be the test. i think we will win, but the score will be similiar to last year around 31-30.

But i will will give hope and think that the linebackers will start to click in week 4, and really shine 5,6, until the end.

GO BRONCOS!!! kick some jax
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    WOOHOOO

i give them until week 4 at indy, thats when shanny is going to release the hoonds. travis and selvin will light it up. and from then on like 60% or redzone tds will be rushing.

i 100% agree with the offense and think its is going to be great. i am although very suspect on the defense. i know how we are ranked and will enjoy it for now. But we havent played any team that can really score/drive the ball.

indy will be the test. i think we will win, but the score will be similiar to last year around 31-30.

But i will will give hope and think that the linebackers will start to click in week 4, and really shine 5,6, until the end.

GO BRONCOS!!! kick some jax
    Well, I hope the Broncos light it up then.

Because you can bet Peyton & Co. surely will.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Impressive standings, but points scored on defense and offense means more than yardage for me. We're getting yards upon yards, but we're not getting results. On the defense side of the ball we're causing turnovers though, and that's a big plus. The more I thought about the run defense last night, the more I kind of understood that with a passing defense this good, people are going to run on us. Granted we still need to improve, but it's understandable. Acceptable? Probably not. Though, there's some give and take in Bates' system. If we could even improve our run defense a bit, think of how scary we could be.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Impressive standings, but points scored on defense and offense means more than yardage for me. We're getting yards upon yards, but we're not getting results. On the defense side of the ball we're causing turnovers though, and that's a big plus. The more I thought about the run defense last night, the more I kind of understood that with a passing defense this good, people are going to run on us. Granted we still need to improve, but it's understandable. Acceptable? Probably not. Though, there's some give and take in Bates' system. If we could even improve our run defense a bit, think of how scary we could be.
    Very good point. When we were particularly salty agains the run, the passing
    yards against us went up. A lot of that was that the other team didn't have
    much choice . . . they had to pass. Now, it's like they have to run.

I don't think we have any all-stars at DT, save Thomas, who is still an
    inexperienced rookie, and Adams, who is past his prime. The DEs are bit
    underweight, except for Crowder (marginally), who is also a rookie. And
    Gold is marginal at best in run support, and Williams is still adapting to a
    new position. So, while we are not going to be another Ravens defense in
    stopping the run, by a long shot, we will get better, IMO.

When we do, that's when we will merit top five consideration as a team.

-----

Well now so far we have not YET played great offense. In fact OAK looked real great against our run defense.

This gives me reason for concern.

Bly hitting on 50% on long coverage scares me alot also we could have kept delta and gotten the same results.

If we can't run better than we did this past week while henry got alot of yards he did so pretty much on his own with the OLINE blocking at best a joke.

Anyone thinking we can beat INDY or NE as we speak should share the good stuff they are smoking.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

Yards and ranking don't mean squat if the ranking isn't in scoring. We have seen this before and when it mattered most ( putting points on the board ) it didn't matter.

If our offense keeps this up...getting a lot of yards but not points, then they are letting other teams stay in the game longer...ie: Raiders...therefore our defense gets worn down.

We have to score more. We have to put away teams and finish drives and take the pressure off the defense. If teams hang around, the score is close, then they are MORE likely to keep running the ball. We can't have that. A touchdown at the end of the second quarter against the Raiders instead of a FG would have put them away..21-3 at the half. THey would not have ran as much in the second half trying to play catch up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    Well now so far we have not YET played great offense. In fact OAK looked real great against our run defense.

This gives me reason for concern.

Bly hitting on 50% on long coverage scares me alot also we could have kept delta and gotten the same results.

If we can't run better than we did this past week while henry got alot of yards he did so pretty much on his own with the OLINE blocking at best a joke.

Anyone thinking we can beat INDY or NE as we speak should share the good stuff they are smoking.
    We are fortunate we didn't have to face either one of them at this stage
    of the season. We might have made the SD/NE affair look like a close game.

You are correct, IMO, in your concern for our run defense. However, your
    50% statistic is based on two plays: one TD and one INT. Hardly a good
    sample for demonstrative stats. And I do not believe we would have had
    the same results with O'Neal. With him, it would have been two TDs, IMO.
    Between the two games, we are talking about probably 80 passes or so
    against us. The fact the total passing yards against us is around 120-130
    says an awful lot for our CBs, including Bly. He has done a very good job.

The run offense will come, I believe. You must understand that we have
    two starters on the line who have never started at their positions, in
    regular season, before these first two games (Myers and Pears). On top of
    that, these games are the first time they've played together. Nalen and
    Lepsis have played together, but neither has played with any of the others.
    This is a problem, then, that will be solved with time and reps. We'll be fine.

-----

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Why is everyone so concerned about our rushing offense?

We have the leading rusher in the NFL.

yes, we do have the leading rusher in the nfl. in my opinion he has been gobbled up most of the time too. this is why i am so optomistic about our game against indy. their rush defense, or whole defense for that matter has looked good. But i have watched all of their games this year. (only because i have peyton manning as my ff qb) and their run d is not what its cracked up to be. especially going against a top flight rb like travis and a top flight running team like us.

why do you think ten always keeps the games close against them. because they can run the ball and keep peyton off the field.

top is right about bly. and he will show even better play as the seaon progresses.

i put the run d as a fault of the de for not pinching off the lane and to the lb's for not plugging the holes.

i would be willing to bet that right now in practice the broncos are going heavy in redzone offense, and getting the lbs to shed blocks and plug holes.

and we should see a better performance against jax, even better against indy and then our run d should be ok after that. But its actually out pass d that i am worried about after week 4. as it has always been our big weakness
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

We are going to have ups and downs till at least mid season. After that we should see some chemistry, more TD production and some stability on D. We have some tough games comming up. Jax will be a good test for our D. I want to see if they get a runner over 100 yards against us this week. If so I may be a little more concerned since Jax hasn't been running well lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Why is everyone so concerned about our rushing offense?

We have the leading rusher in the NFL.
    How many of those yards were by sheer effort alone. He needs blocking which for the most part he is not getting.

Lepsis seems to be a step off his normal self and the RS as Top just commented on are newbies and then of course so is the replacement for Hamilton.

They may come along but Thenry just flat can't do it all by himself all year.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

How many of those yards were by sheer effort alone. He needs blocking which for the most part he is not getting.

Lepsis seems to be a step off his normal self and the RS as Top just commented on are newbies and then of course so is the replacement for Hamilton.

Thats a fair assessment.

Agreed. The line is not creating the blocking henry needs infront of him at the moment. To boot Grahahm is doing an amazing job of blocking which makes it that much more difficult to see these played get busted up in the trenches. The Broncos do need to do a better job at creating the lanes for Henry, specifically on the left side, where a few good runs came surprisingly between the RT and RG (only 2-3 plays). That doesn't mean I'm convinced in Holland. As far as run blocking goes he has been inconsistant at best, but at least they made a few plays for Henry.

If Henry continues to bang himself up like this, he won't be fresh for the Broncos down the line ,and risks injury. I hope the Broncos can start getting lanes open because Henry will do a lot with them.
    Temp sig till I find another one

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information