Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bill Parcells coming to the AFC West?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Can he please come to Denver.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Can he please come to Denver.
    No but it looks like Carl Peterson is looking for work.
    Boy am I glad he is gone!!!

4. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    No but it looks like Carl Peterson is looking for work.
    Boy am I glad he is gone!!!
    That dude pretty much single handidly ruined your franchise for about a decade.

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

KCL

I know and Lamar as smart as he was kept him around...when his son took over he kept him around for a year,got rid of him and hired Pioli...thank you football gods..

8. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

If I had proven myself in my field, and moved on to a new place, the LAST thing I'd want would be my pop-in-law coming in and stepping on my toes. :shrugs:
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Its the Marty Schottenheimer syndrome. The GM in Cleveland never looked good until Marty was there, and certainly didn't look good after he left.

Marty made King Carl look like a genius for ten years, but the ten years after Marty left, he couldn't do anything.

San Diego hasn't drafted NEARLY as well as they did when Marty was in town.

What we need to do, is not hire Parcells as our consultant, but bring in Marty Schottenheimer for our player personnel department.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

11. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    If I had proven myself in my field, and moved on to a new place, the LAST thing I'd want would be my pop-in-law coming in and stepping on my toes. :shrugs:
    It's a rumor Mikey and maybe he gets along with his pop-in-law.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Its the Marty Schottenheimer syndrome. The GM in Cleveland never looked good until Marty was there, and certainly didn't look good after he left.

Marty made King Carl look like a genius for ten years, but the ten years after Marty left, he couldn't do anything.

What we need to do, is not hire Parcells as our consultant, but bring in Marty Schottenheimer for our player personnel department.
    He's made it clear on Sirius NFL *just last wk* he's happy doing what he's doing.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

14. The Following User High Fived rcsodak For This Post:

I'd be all for that. Even if he's happy on Sirius, Pat should throw money at the guy to handle pro personnel.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I'd be all for that. Even if he's happy on Sirius, Pat should throw money at the guy to handle pro personnel.
    I remember Bill Cowher saying the same thing, and Dick Vermeil.... I've been saying this since he was fired in SD, GRAB THIS GUY!!
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

I remember Bill Cowher saying the same thing, and Dick Vermeil.... I've been saying this since he was fired in SD, GRAB THIS GUY!!
    Exactly...they can say one thing and do another...if they have something in the works or if talks are going on..they most likely are not going to reveal anything til it's a done deal.

And Brian as HC should a change be made

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    And Brian as HC should a change be made
    Might as well bring Kurt along too!

That's a pretty impressive feat considering that Peter Hadhazy left as GM after Schottenheimer's first year and was replaced by Ernie Accorsi, who stuck around until a couple years into the Belichick regime.

Anyways, I don't think your idea is a bad one in general, but it's two years too late and I don't know that with Josh and Marty having completely different styles of building teams that they would work together very well. Josh and Xanders seem to have the same viewpoints on team building, so no reason to start screwing with that chemistry yet.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information