Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: So do you think Harrison is a dirty player now?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Sorry, I would be slower and fatter than Sam Adams.
    We could nickname you Pot Roast like the guy who played last night..can't remember who it was..I remember Gruden saying it.

2. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

This is an unexpected turn of events...

"More fallout: Steelers LB James Harrison was excused from practice today and his agent said Harrison is contemplating retirement."

www.twitter.com/adam_schefter

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post

"More fallout: Steelers LB James Harrison was excused from practice today and his agent said Harrison is contemplating retirement."

Well, if I can't play dirty, I'm just going to retire!
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I would probably retire too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

If you're the type of person who would just up and quit on your team in the middle of the season because you're not allowed to be a dirty player anymore, then you're probably doing your team a favor by retiring.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 10-20-2010 at 12:35 PM.

I'd hate to see him retire in this manner.

Quiting on his team mates.

Not the way I'd want to be remembered.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

10. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If you're the type of person who would just up and quit on your team in the middle of the season because you're not allowed to be a dirty player anymore, then you're probably doing your team a favor by retiring.
    Maybe he doesnt believe he is a dirty player. Just because a few fans view him as such doesnt mean he looks at himself that way. For all we know he could just see himself as a physical ballplayer unfairly singled out. We dont know whats going through his head right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Maybe he doesnt believe he is a dirty player. Just because a few fans view him as such doesnt mean he looks at himself that way. For all we know he could just see himself as a physical ballplayer unfairly singled out. We dont know whats going through his head right now.
    There's no excuse for quitting on your team in the middle of the season. If you feel like you're being unfairly singled out, why take it out on the other 52 guys you play with? Suck it up and try to play the best you can within the rules.

Sorry, it's hard for me to feel sorry for a guy who gets paid millions of dollars to play a game and whines about not being allowed to play a certain way. Life's not always fair.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

There's no excuse for quitting on your team in the middle of the season. If you feel like you're being unfairly singled out, why take it out on the other 52 guys you play with? Suck it up and try to play the best you can within the rules.

Sorry, it's hard for me to feel sorry for a guy who gets paid millions of dollars to play a game and whines about not being allowed to play a certain way. Life's not always fair.

I would agree but again he's losing a lot of money playing the way he thinks football should be played. We may not agree with his methods nor his comments in the media but to him maybe thats what football is about. I personally wouldnt quit but i would be hard pressed to consider it if i was going to lose a lot of money for what i thought was just physical play. Maybe he is just venting who knows.

"Screw you guys, I'm going home."

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I would agree but again he's losing a lot of money playing the way he thinks football should be played. We may not agree with his methods nor his comments in the media but to him maybe thats what football is about. I personally wouldnt quit but i would be hard pressed to consider it if i was going to lose a lot of money for what i thought was just physical play. Maybe he is just venting who knows.
    He's making 13.3 million dollars this season. 75K is one half of one percent of that. That would be equivalent to someone who makes 50K a year getting fined 250 bucks.

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

He's making 13.3 million dollars this season. 75K is one half of one percent of that. That would be equivalent to someone who makes 50K a year getting fined 250 bucks.
    Ive just read another article on it. Its highly unlikely he would quit and retire because he would owe the team a hefty portion of his 20 mill signing bonus. So he wouldnt be doing himself any favors by retiring.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I don't think he retires either. I think he's just whining and being overly-dramatic about it.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

I would agree but again he's losing a lot of money playing the way he thinks football should be played.
    Oh cry me an f**king river. I saw a stat this morning on either ESPN and/or the Mike and Mike show that indicated that of the 3 people fined, Harrison was losing the smallest percentage of his pay or salary due to the fine while Merriweather was losing the most or biggest percentage of his salary. I am not defending or justifying what Merriweather did, but he is a FIRST time offender while Harrison is a REPEAT offender. Nonetheless, Merriweather loses a larger percentage of his pay when he is fined. Now that is Bullsh*t!
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    Oh cry me an f**king river. I saw a stat this morning on either ESPN and/or the Mike and Mike show that indicated that of the 3 people fined, Harrison was losing the smallest percentage of his pay or salary due to the fine while Merriweather was losing the most or biggest percentage of his salary. I am not defending or justifying what Merriweather did, but he is a FIRST time offender while Harrison is a REPEAT offender. Nonetheless, Merriweather loses a larger percentage of his pay when he is fined. Now that is Bullsh*t!

Cry me a river.......

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information