Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: So do you think Harrison is a dirty player now?

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    I think North and BDB need to suit up in Broncos gear,get your asses out there on the field and play some tough defense...
    I would line him up at tailback. I think he would hit the hole more quickly and decisively than Maroney.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

there is not doubt that he should get time off and a bigger fine each time.

he is a cretin that will be slobbering in his tray in 20 years. Wonder how much those hits will make him smile then.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I just saw while at lunch the hit by Merriwether on Todd Heap Sunday. That was probably the most blatant of all of them. He definitely led with his helmet.

My big problem is that I don't mind a hard hit, even one that injures but I do have a problem with hitting with your helmet. It's not necessary and can be avoided in most cases.

While I support more punishment, the one thing nobody talks about is better helmets. I have already seen experimental helmets that absorb the blow much better than today's shiny plastic helmets. The trouble is that they have a larger surface area and don't look as fancy when painted. So should the NFL lecture players about safety when they refuse to take the equipment steps needed to make players safer?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I just saw while at lunch the hit by Merriwether on Todd Heap Sunday. That was probably the most blatant of all of them. He definitely led with his helmet.

My big problem is that I don't mind a hard hit, even one that injures but I do have a problem with hitting with your helmet. It's not necessary and can be avoided in most cases.

While I support more punishment, the one thing nobody talks about is better helmets. I have already seen experimental helmets that absorb the blow much better than today's shiny plastic helmets. The trouble is that they have a larger surface area and don't look as fancy when painted. So should the NFL lecture players about safety when they refuse to take the equipment steps needed to make players safer?
    Lets see teaching them that hitting with the helmet is a no no ..

But giving them better helmets to absorb the blows.

which one would be the most effective.

With each technical advancement there have been escalations on violence as the player learn to use the new weapons.

while it is important to give them the best equipment teaching them not to play dirty and how to tackle is the better way.

I doubt seriously that an owner that has just invested 60 million dollars in a FQB worries much about how the helmet looks.

They have markets and advertising guys to fix those minor issues.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    I would line him up at tailback. I think he would hit the hole more quickly and decisively than Maroney.
    Then I would be the 6th member of the OLine.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    I think North and BDB need to suit up in Broncos gear,get your asses out there on the field and play some tough defense...
    Sorry, I would be slower and fatter than Sam Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I doubt seriously that an owner that has just invested 60 million dollars in a FQB worries much about how the helmet looks.

They have markets and advertising guys to fix those minor issues.
    I totally disagree. The NFL absolutely cares what the helmets look like. That IS their marketing and branding. Those helmets are the merchandise of this league, and that brings in BILLIONs. They will NOT move to a helmet that "might" be safer if it doesn't look great on television. If it looks big and sloppy, it woudl become a joke.

Just as you said earlier how the NFL could be aware of the fact that the largest women's market in professional sports is in football, they absolutely understand the value of marketing and branding. Looks is HUGE.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I totally disagree. The NFL absolutely cares what the helmets look like. That IS their marketing and branding. Those helmets are the merchandise of this league, and that brings in BILLIONs. They will NOT move to a helmet that "might" be safer if it doesn't look great on television. If it looks big and sloppy, it woudl become a joke.

Just as you said earlier how the NFL could be aware of the fact that the largest women's market in professional sports is in football, they absolutely understand the value of marketing and branding. Looks is HUGE.
    Sorry the ones I have seen are significantly not bigger than the existing ones.

Perhaps you can show us all the difference.

I fail to beleive that someone in design/marketing/advertising could not come up with helmet logo to make anything look better.

Hell if we can design 40 MPG cars that do not look all the bad certainly a helmet can be done.

BTW I'm sure this was a major decision when they went from leather to hard sided unit and OMG can you even think what it was like when they added face guards and to progress to the face cages.

I'll bet the marketing took a hit with all of those.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

This is an example of better technology football helmets:

I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    This is an example of better technology football helmets:

not sure that can't be painted orange and blue

Does anyone else see the HUGE difference that Rav is taking about?

Any chance some one can show them side by side?

Maybe even be creative and put the Broncos logo on them?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yeah that doesn't really look that much bigger to me either. A side view held next to a current helmet would be nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post

not sure that can't be painted orange and blue

Does anyone else see the HUGE difference that Rav is taking about?

Any chance some one can show them side by side?

Maybe even be creative and put the Broncos logo on them?
    perhaps you might want to back up and re-read the thread to follow along better.

OrangeHoof said "...While I support more punishment, the one thing nobody talks about is better helmets. I have already seen experimental helmets that absorb the blow much better than today's shiny plastic helmets. The trouble is that they have a larger surface area and don't look as fancy when painted. So should the NFL lecture players about safety when they refuse to take the equipment steps needed to make players safer?"

at which point you then stated in your post "...I doubt seriously that an owner that has just invested 60 million dollars in a FQB worries much about how the helmet looks."

For which I THEN responded "...The NFL absolutely cares what the helmets look like. That IS their marketing and branding. Those helmets are the merchandise of this league, and that brings in BILLIONs. They will NOT move to a helmet that "might" be safer if it doesn't look great on television. If it looks big and sloppy, it woudl become a joke." (I used the words "big and sloppy" because OrangeHoof's comment about them having larger surface area, and sloppy because they "don't look as fancy" (again, from OrangeHoof's post).

I know things get confusing for you
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Sorry, I would be slower and fatter than Sam Adams.
    Not possible. The only living thing slower than Sam Adams might be a clam. You are faster than a clam, I am sure of it.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Steelers linebacker Harrison: I don't care if I hurt other players
    love it... I hope all 11 guys on this defense have that mentality.

sissies.

He needs at least three games suspension. And much more in fines. As he is beyond a dirty player.
    May Day and Spring Fever!

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived JPPT1974 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information