Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AFC West records after 8 games

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Default AFC West records after 8 games

So, I was wondering what the schedule looks like for the rest of the AFC West and to my surprise I think we are in pretty good shape after the first 8 games.

Broncos (2-4) have...
    Raiders (H)
    49ers (in London)

if we can win these 2 we will be 4-4, both are huge games if we are going to win the division

Chiefs (3-2) have...
    Jaguars (H)
    Bills (H)
    Raiders (V)

at best, the Chiefs will go 2-1 and will be 5-3 after 8

Chargers (2-4) have...
    Patriots (H)
    Titans (H)

at best they go 1-1 and will be 3-5 after 8

Raiders (2-4) have...
    Broncos (V)
    Seahawks (H)

at best they go 1-1 and will be 3-5 after 8

So, if the Broncos play well and win the next two games they should be right in the divisional race unless the Chiefs win 3 games straight. the second half of the Chiefs schedule looks as easy as the first half, so it will be almost necessary for the Broncos to win both games against the Chiefs to win any tiebreakers.

Call me optimistic or a kool-aid drinker, but I think we have a decent chance.

2. The Following 10 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Optimistic kool aid drinker.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yes, the AFCW sucks.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

I don't disagree at all. I think KC will be tough though. They way they have been playing, they can easily win those next 3 games. Who knows though... they could be the Broncos of last year. Once they're exposed, will they go downhill??? Will they ever be exposed? KC still has alot of questions marks...

I dont see SD making a huge comeback this year. I know they always start off slow, but this season they just dont look the same as seasons past. They are making huge mistakes and execution just isn't there for them. IMO, they are on the decline, but they doesn't mean we cant turn our backs on them because you never know what Phyllis can do later in the season.

Oakland.... is Oakland. If we cant beat them, we dont deserve to win the AFCW.

The division is wide open. Yesterday's lost was one of the most painful i've experience in the long time, but they way we played yesterday gave me alot of hope. We stuck with one of the best D's in the league, and our depleted D played very tough the entire game. If we can just get a handle on the small problems, i know this team can make a run for the AFC West title...

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

8. The Following User High Fived camdisco24 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Both Oakland and the Chargers have difficult schedules this year. The Chiefs might have the easiest schedule in the NFL this year. It will either be KC or Denver representing the AFC West in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by camdisco24 View Post
    Once they're exposed, will they go downhill??? Will they ever be exposed? KC still has alot of questions marks...
    Yes and yes. They can win games with their defense, but Houston showed you can score points against them. Houston's terrible D kept KC in the game, but against most opponents, Matt Cassell won't score anywhere close to 31 points. Figure out KC's defense and you beat them.

That said, they could easily win their next 3 games. Jacksonville, Buffalo, and Oakland are horrible, horrible teams.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Good post. That being said, as big as a homer I am if we are not 4-4 by the BYE week I am gonna be pissed. We should easily handle the Raiders and the 49ers. KC and SD on the road are always tough, but they are no better or worse than us. Lot of football left (thank god!).

Personally, I think Oakland is in for a beating of epic porportions next sunday...

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

As much as it pains me to say this, KC is the best team in the AFC West right now. They run a pretty effective scheme on offense and the defense is improved from last year. Oakland is only as good at thier QB, Campbell sucks but the team plays some decent ball with Gratkowski. San Diego is stinking it up and I'm loving it BUT those ******** have a way of coming on strong when it counts. I've learned better than tocount them out.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I think it is a given the Broncos will need to sweep the Chiefs to win the AFC West. They may also need a split with the Chargers.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I think it is a given the Broncos will need to sweep the Chiefs to win the AFC West. They may also need a split with the Chargers.
    Technically, they should sweep both Oak and SD. They are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yes, the AFCW sucks.
    I never thought KC would be the team to beat

Quality Guy

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived CHARLIEADAMSFAN For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Vonster

I wouldn't count on any sweeps. The AFCW is bad, that's undeniable; but it has been for years and we always split with everyone. We will lose an unexpected game to Oakland. We will lose in KC. We always do. At best we're 4-2 in the division and that, unfortunately, is about as likely as 2-4. But my best guess is we win one we aren't expected to and lose one we're supposed to win but still find a way to split the division at 3-3.

Realistically, we should count on 3-3 in the division. That puts us at 5 wins.

What can we we win against SF, HOU, STL, and ARZ? 3 of 4 puts us at 8-8 with a shot of getting in. 4 of 4 puts us at 9-7 and a likely playoff berth.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIEADAMSFAN View Post
    Same.

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

KCL

The Chargers are still the team to beat, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIEADAMSFAN View Post
    LMAO...KC has been playing some good ball considering they have dropped their last 2 games...Hali was able to rattle Manning and their only TD came late in the game...the way KC has finished the last couple of seasons I thought that was a big step in how they played against the Colts.

The Texans was a tough game...I was beating my head against the wall the way the secondary was playing...Houston didn't beat us by much but they did beat us..hopefully Romeo corrects those mistakes.The O did a great job yesterday and the loss yesterday falls on the D.

We should be able to beat Buffalo and the Raiders but you never know what can and will happen.Oak is always a tough game.I really wouldn't count them out..remember they have the same record as Denver...SD could get their groove on and start kicking ass..again..we will all have to wait and see.

I am glad we have Charles and am very glad the Chiefs picked up Jones..Bowe redeemed himself from last week.

Damn I wish we would have won yesterday...

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived KCL For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information