Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: AFC West records after 8 games

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Heard that jibberjabber last year:

Licking our chops!

Quote Originally Posted by camdisco24 View Post
    Who knows though... they could be the Broncos of last year. Once they're exposed, will they go downhill??? Will they ever be exposed? KC still has alot of questions marks...
    They will be exposed, and they will go downhill. Count on it.

3. The Following User High Fived Bosco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    They will be exposed, and they will go downhill. Count on it.
    We finally agree on something.

"Exposed".... I think thats always an over used term. KC isn't a great team, but there is NO DOUBT that team has actually shown improvment. Their defense is for real, while their offense isn't very good. Especially with Cassel behind center. But they have two RBs that make ANY one of our RBs look like crap (not hard to do).

Their defense is better than ours, their special teams, are better than ours, their running game, is better than ours. They won't be any more "exposed" than we will be.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

6. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

KCL

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Their defense is for real
    I remember hearing that about our 2009 defense too. While I don't think the Chiefs will fall quite that far by the end of the season, there is no question that just like Nolan, Crennel is using a lot of smoke and mirrors to cover up weaknesses. That won't be effective much longer.

I remember hearing that about our 2009 defense too. While I don't think the Chiefs will fall quite that far by the end of the season, there is no question that just like Nolan, Crennel is using a lot of smoke and mirrors to cover up weaknesses. That won't be effective much longer.
    Sorry. Their front players are a LOT better than ours last year, and this year. They actually have a pass rush with Dorsey and Hali, and they aren't smoke and mirrors. Johnson, isn't smoke and mirrors. FLowers isn't smoke and mirrors.

I'm guessing as soon as the Chiefs lose a game, you are going to claim they were "exposed" and thus "right." No one is claiming for them to be an undefeated team, but their improvement over the last two seasons, is more than ours.... period. Thats the point.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Sorry. Their front players are a LOT better than ours last year, and this year.
    Really? Where? From where I'm standing they'd top us with one DE (Peterson isn't even in the NFL, so they get that by default) and maybe with Vrabel at SOLB. Every other position in the front seven they are relatively equal or inferior to the 2009 Broncos.

FLowers isn't smoke and mirrors.
    He definitely is. Crennel has been putting Flowers is alot of Cover 2 under zones (a somewhat significant change from what he's normally done) where he isn't asked to play alot of single man or deep zone coverage. When he was finally asked to play those coverages last week, Andre Johnson put up nearly 100 yards on him.

Don't get me wrong, I like Brandon Flowers and think he will be a great player in time, but he is not a truly elite shutdown corner yet and he is being protected by the Chiefs current scheme.

I'm guessing as soon as the Chiefs lose a game, you are going to claim they were "exposed" and thus "right." No one is claiming for them to be an undefeated team, but their improvement over the last two seasons, is more than ours.... period. Thats the point.
    They've already lost a game.

Really? Where? From where I'm standing they'd top us with one DE (Peterson isn't even in the NFL, so they get that by default) and maybe with Vrabel at SOLB. Every other position in the front seven they are relatively equal or inferior to the 2009 Broncos.
    Uhmmm...no. Hali and Dorsey alone are much better than anything we have. Johnson is as good as anyone we have. Also, why are you comparing to the 2009 team when I'm comparing to our team NOW? Who cares about last year? Doesn't even come into play.

Don't get me wrong, I like Brandon Flowers and think he will be a great player in time, but he is not a truly elite shutdown corner yet and he is being protected by the Chiefs current scheme.
    What does not being an "elite" corner have to do with anything? No one stated he was, and no one stated he was better than anyone on our roster. But just because YOU believe everythign you say is fact, doesn't make it so. SOrry. You tried to tell me that the Broncos had some "advantage" because McD coached with Crennel, but they NEVER coached when McD was the OC I can't help it, that one just cracks me up every time I read it

They've already lost a game.
    Wow...no kidding? Here I thought they would go undefeated

I guess because they lost, they are now "exposed" for not being a team that can go undefeated?

Uhmmm...no. Hali and Dorsey alone are much better than anything we have. Johnson is as good as anyone we have. Also, why are you comparing to the 2009 team when I'm comparing to our team NOW? Who cares about last year? Doesn't even come into play.
    Why am I comparing the 2009 Broncos to the 2010 Chiefs? Because we've been discussing the Chiefs current performance relative to the 2009 Broncos, and the 2009 Broncos were a better defense almost across the board.

You tried to tell me that the Broncos had some "advantage" because McD coached with Crennel, but they NEVER coached when McD was the OC I can't help it, that one just cracks me up every time I read it
    What cracks you up about that? Crennel and Weis both left the Patriots after the 2004 season and Josh took over the offense immediately after. Pretty sure that's an absolute, indisputable fact there.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information