Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AFC West records after 8 games

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Personally, I think Oakland is in for a beating of epic porportions next sunday...
    Heard that jibberjabber last year:

Licking our chops!

2. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

KCL

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea, but you guys dont have Stay Puff anymore. Guaranteed Bronco win.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yea, but you guys dont have Stay Puff anymore. Guaranteed Bronco win.
    This insults both of us.

5. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Here's what I think quoted from another thread. It still applies.

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm trying to be realistic here.

Without the running game I don't see us going past 4-4 if even that. We're going into the jets game with our D in pain form the ravens. I don't know how healthy the O line is after that game either, I hope they are all good to go.

The ravens wrote the book on how to eat us and without a running game to keep them honest I don't see a lot.

None of the upcoming games are gimme's. I think we may lose to the jets. Playing in GB has me concerned and the 49'ers are hungry. Divisional games are always tuff so I don't think the raiders will be a pushover as some do.

I am still waiting for this "gel" everyone is talking abvout for the running game to get here. If that "gel" doesn't happen soon we will be in trouble.

I try to keep it optimistic but the way the running game is it gets harder each week to do that.
    Merry.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    The Chargers are still the team to beat, in my opinion.
    I agree. We say the same things about them every year (Chargers aren't looking good this year they are 2-3 or 2-4 or whatever) because they always start slow. It's only a matter of time before they go on an 8 game winning streak.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Heard that jibberjabber last year:

Licking our chops!
    Oh really? Care to place a sig bet? I'd LOVE to make you a sexy Al Davis for you again!

I don't think so. This SD team is not the same as the last few years. They lost to teams they couldn't afford to have lost to early. And now they are entering the tougher part of their schedule. NE, Tenn, Denver, Hou, Indy. At best, they can win 3 of those 5 and given the way their defense and ST have been playing, I am not sure they do that if Gates and Floyd are out for an extended amount of time. I think given the remainder of their schedule they are a 8-9 win team at best.

I think it will be an interesting race to watch. KC has the edge and a favorable remaining schedule. SD and Denver can make things interesting though.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Hopefully Tebow gets to play more in the red zone. Much harder to defense. We will score more touchdowns

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I don't think so. This SD team is not the same as the last few years. They lost to teams they couldn't afford to have lost to early. And now they are entering the tougher part of their schedule. NE, Tenn, Denver, Hou, Indy. At best, they can win 3 of those 5 and given the way their defense and ST have been playing, I am not sure they do that if Gates and Floyd are out for an extended amount of time. I think given the remainder of their schedule they are a 8-9 win team at best.

I think it will be an interesting race to watch. KC has the edge and a favorable remaining schedule. SD and Denver can make things interesting though.
    That is what I thought about the Chargers. With the way they are playing it will be hard to beat NE, Indy, and Tenn. Houston can hang with them scoring wise and we can beat them if we play well. Add in another KC game and a game against the Bengals and they could lose 5 or 6 more games. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Chargers end up 6-10 or 7-9.

Eh, no. They're done. When a team goes 0-4 against teams that were a combined 15-49 last year, they're done.

I haven't seen anything to make be believe they are capable of turning it around. But I still love them and will watch every game with my tinted goggles and will drink my kool-aid like a good fan.
    Gimme some footyball, please!

14. The Following 7 Users High Fived NorthernLights For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sorry, I gave at the office.

Exclamation

KC is playing really well and they have all those really good running backs that really can't be stopped. Amazing special teams play...They play consistent team D and punch people in the mouth. They are for real as long as their QB doesn't f everything up.

The Raiders, Chargers and Broncos have too many injuries and inconsistent play to really be relevant IMO to this point. With Players like dhawk, Gates , McFadden and others are all hurt. We are in trouble.

And here comes Brady and the Pats....

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Oh really? Care to place a sig bet? I'd LOVE to make you a sexy Al Davis for you again!

You're on.

I still have King's old sig somewhere ready to be changed for the next victim.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    You're on.

I still have King's old sig somewhere ready to be changed for the next victim.
    Sounds good!

The Raiders game is one they should win and have to win if they are to have any hope.

I still can't believe that Kyle Orton is playing at a pro-bowl level and yet the team STILL can't win! 4-12 over the last 16 games is just not doing your job. Period.

To add insult to injury I had to watch THIS last weekend during the Redskins game:

"Torain over the left side. . . he's through the line. . . puts on a burst. . . he's shedding tacklers . . . and finally brought down at the 10 yard line. What a run by Torain!"
    The Broncos running game WAS somewhat improved (it could hardly be worse), but GOD could they use a big back like Torain right now! (There's a REASON that Maroney isn't still a Patriot and it ISN'T because he was great!)

But, who are we to question McDaniels brilliant player-personnel decisions when they've all worked out so well!

Some like Dawkins and williams have been outstanding.

I actually thought Marshall and Cutler trades were outstanding.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information