Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Using Tebow In The Red Zone...

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Default Using Tebow In The Red Zone...

....is rediculus.

That is all.

2. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

I wish we would use him as a RB/TE or package player. Orton's passing and Tebow in certain packages would be deadly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I wish we would have used him in the red zone since day one

Adopted Bronco:
    Tebow/Miller/Decker/McGee

We need to use him more than just the red zone, I have sat back and watched and read so many things about Orton which is good but not great, it is time to let Tebow go.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxgatorgirl3 View Post
    We need to use him more than just the red zone, I have sat back and watched and read so many things about Orton which is good but not great, it is time to let Tebow go.
    I'm sorry, I fail to see anything from Tebow that makes me think he can move our offense in the passing game. He needs to work more on his running with the ball and where to line up in certain situations which are the areas of this team he can cotnribute.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I'm sorry, I fail to see anything from Tebow that makes me think he can move our offense in the passing game. He needs to work more on his running with the ball and where to line up in certain situations which are the areas of this team he can cotnribute.
    He just scored in the red zone, give him a little credit here. I am not saying put Tebow in the entire game, lets see what he has to offer, I fail to understand your logic since we have not utilized him and yet he scores on a running play in the red zone. "he needs to work more on his running game, where to line up in certain situations?" Are you really serious? Yes, his strength is his running game.

Give this rookie a chance, let him play 2 quarters, cause he just scored against the jets. Just give the guy come credit and some playing time. That is all I am asking.............

He just scored in the red zone, give him a little credit here. I am not saying put Tebow in the entire game, lets see what he has to offer, I fail to understand your logic since we have not utilized him and yet he scores on a running play in the red zone. "he needs to work more on his running game, where to line up in certain situations?" Are you really serious? Yes, his strength is his running game.
    I fail to understand your logic of saying I am not giving him any credit. I acknowledged the areas he can contribute.

Are you serious? Denver has the #1 passing game in the NFL yet Orton falls short in some areas, and a rookie QB can improve in those areas?

Tim Tebow is having a hard time beating Brady Quinn out legitimately as a backup Qb right now. The only reason he's #2 is for package situations only right now.

He has been effective in those situations. Denver needs him out on the field. That is why he needs to continue to work on running the ball and lining up in certain areas, so he can contribute to this team in the packages that don't require Denver passing.

Reading comprehension is your friend on this one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lmao

I knew it wouldnt be long before a tebowite started mouthing off about replacing Orton. Goddamn that shit drives me insane. Yes, throw Tebow in a couple of plays to catch the opposing team off guard. But you dont put Tebow in for 2 quarters when your starting QB is playing great football. ******* STUPID logic in every sense of the word.

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Lmao

I knew it wouldnt be long before a tebowite started mouthing off about replacing Orton. Goddamn that shit drives me insane. Yes, throw Tebow in a couple of plays to catch the opposing team off guard. But you dont put Tebow in for 2 quarters when your starting QB is playing great football. ******* STUPID logic in every sense of the word.
    Hold on here, all of the post about Orton is great and he is playing better this year, yet you also admit he is not the best as far as scrambling in the pocket. Yet Tebow can scramble. All I am saying is give the guy a little more playing time. Orton is shinning this year yet we are all disappointed about the job we do or do not do in the red zone which is Tebow's strength. Is it hard to conceive putting Tebow in at some time for an entire quarter? That is all I am asking here. Give the rooking some playing time. I am not asking for the QB starting position here because Tebow is simply not ready, yet he did score a touchdown. I would like to see him throw a deep pass, he may not be ready and that is up to the coaching staff. Orton is doing well and I am not bashing him. Orton and Tebow have their strengths, can we agree we should be using both at sometime in the game. Many of the comments this week was can we bet the Jets. Heck yes we can beat them. We are at this point in the game. Good game plan as far as I can read and see.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Hold on here, all of the post about Orton is great and he is playing better this year, yet you also admit he is not the best as far as scrambling in the pocket. Yet Tebow can scramble. All I am saying is give the guy a little more playing time. Orton is shinning this year yet we are all disappointed about the job we do or do not do in the red zone which is Tebow's strength. Is it hard to conceive putting Tebow in at some time for an entire quarter? That is all I am asking here. Give the rooking some playing time. I am not asking for the QB starting position here because Tebow is simply not ready, yet he did score a touchdown. I would like to see him throw a deep pass, he may not be ready and that is up to the coaching staff. Orton is doing well and I am not bashing him. Orton and Tebow have their strengths, can we agree we should be using both at sometime in the game. Many of the comments this week was can we bet the Jets. Heck yes we can beat them. We are at this point in the game. Good game plan as far as I can read and see.
    Im fine with putting Tebow in around the goalline. Just not anywhere else UNLESS he is the starting QB. There simply is no need to put Tebow in on a regular rotation unless you have written off the season. If we are out of the playoff hunt i can get on board with that. Until then, Orton is the main guy with a sprinkle of Tebow here and there. Having Tebow throw it up in a close game is just not logical especially when Orton is doing fine. Tebow may be more of a scrambler BUT he is not Michael Vick so lets not go overboard here. Tebow shows a bit of promise but is not ready nor should he be appearing more than he is here. If you start putting Tebow in more than he is than you take away from the chemistry that Orton is building throughout any given game. The 2 headed monster does not work on the pro level. Sorry, i know your new to the pro level stuff but you need to understand that college is vastly different than the pro level. It just is.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

GEM, KCL

I'm not a huge Orton fan, but he's playing very well right now (not so much against the Jets, but so what). Tebow hasn't even thrown a single pass in the NFL yet. The coach doesn't trust him to throw, as of yet. Yes basically a RB.

Lets continue to use Tebow in what he's good at. Lining up in shotgun, and running.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

16. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I wish we would have used him in the red zone since day one
    Amen

So now you're blaming Orton for the losses...
    Not saying you are..but it sounds like it and you might be wise to read and think about what has been
    written in this thread..JMO.
    Last edited by KCL; 10-17-2010 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagsbch View Post
    Amen
    Agreed... why wouldn't we use him in the red zone? He's tough he can take a hit

Quality Guy

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIEADAMSFAN View Post
    Agreed... why wouldn't we use him in the red zone? He's tough he can take a hit
    I saw the highlights when he scored...made it look easy really.

21. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information