Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Football Focus Ratings for Baltimore game

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Default Pro Football Focus Ratings for Baltimore game

Actually not as bad as i thought it was going to be, we shot ourselves in the foot with bad playcalling, penalties and poor interior run defense, and the D being on the field to long along with some injuries sealed the deal

Offense-

(56 plays)Brandon Lloyd had B grade
    B+ catching the ball/C blocking

(46 plays)Eddie royal had a overall of C+
    C+ catching the ball/C+ blocking

(60 plays)Ryan Clady had a overall of C
    C+ pass block/C run block, 2 pressures allowed/1 penalty

(60 plays)Russ Hochstein had a overall of B
    B pass block/C run block

(60 plays)JD walton had a overall of D
    D- pass block/C- run block/3 QB pressures allowed/3 penalties

(60 plays)Chris Kuper had a C-
    D pass block/C run block/1 Sack, 1 pressure, 1 Qb hit allowed

(60 plays)Ryan Harris had a C
    C pass block/D run block/1 Qb hit/2 Qb pressures allowed

(51 plays)Daniel Graham had a C-
    C catching the ball/C- blocking/1 Qb pressure allowed

(54 plays)Jabar Gaffney had a C-
    C catching the ball/C blocking/2 penalties

(60 plays)Orton had a B
    A throwing the ball/D in penalties committed(delay of game x3)

(15 plays)Maroney had a C
    C catching/C rushing/C blocking

(42 plays)Buckhalter had a C-
    C- catching/C rushing/C blocking

(25 plays)Gronkowski had a overall of C-
    C- Catching/C blocking

our own mistakes....penalties....killed us here Hochstein interestingly enough was our best rated OL all round, guess now that he is fully recoverd from his knee injury we will no longer see Daniels or beadles for that matter, looks like Hoch is the LG for now. Clady had a improved day as well doing better in both pass and run. Kuper improved his run blocking but was not good in pass protection. Harris struggled in the run game again, but was better in the passing game. And walton really struggled in pass protection and injuries

Lloyd, And Orton(minus the delay of game stuff) again good games.....becoming a reccuring theme here. Royal was solid, gaffney was ok, the TE's sucked. our backs and OL were actually better this game in the run but down by 17 and in constant third and 12 or longer we were forced to throw alot......

bottom line here is we shot ourselves in the foot with penalties keeping us in long situatiosn constantly.

Defense

(41 plays) Justin Bannan had a C-
    C- run defense/C- pass rush/1 QB hit

(37 plays) Jamal Williams had a D
    D run defense/C- pass rush

(38 plays) Kevin Vickerson had a C
    C run defense/C pass rush/1 Qb pressure

(77 plays) Mario Haggan had a B
    B run defense/B pass rush/C pass coverage/2 Qb pressures

(77 plays) DJ Williams had a C
    C run defense/C pass rush/C pass coverage

(77 plays) Robert Ayers had a overall rating of C+
    C+ run defense/C pass rush/3 Qb hits

(62 plays) Jason Hunter had a overall of B
    C run defense/B+ pass rush/1 Qb sack/2 qb pressures

(74 plays) Champ Bailey had a overall rating of B-
    C run defense/B- pass defense

(64 plays) Brian Dawkins had a overall of B+
    B run defense/C+ pass rush/C pass defense/1 Qb pressure

(77 plays) Renaldo Hill had a overall of C+
    C run defense/C+ pass defense/1 Qb pressure

(68 plays) Perish Cox had a overall of D+
    C run defense/C pass defense/PI call killed him here

(34 plays) Nathan Jones had a overall C
    C run defense/C pass defense

(36 plays) Marcus Thomas had a overall B-
    C+ run defense/C pass rush/1 Qb pressure

(35 plays) Ronald Fields had a overall D+
    D+ run defense/C pass rush

(Ryan Mcbean) had a overall C
    C run defense/C pass rush/1 Qb pressure

overall it seems our D tired out, and while were gashed by the run the 2 main culprits for it were our Nt's williams and fields, bad games from them big time. Bannan struggled a bit. Thomas and Vickerson were solid. DJ had a off week, and perrish Cox had a rough game, Renaldo hill played a good game and hunter pressured the Qb well. Ayers played the run Solid untill leaving in the 4th. Seems our D didnt play that bad they were just gased and tired from being on teh field so long. It really seems like the penalties and lack of mental focus were the issue today

we had far worse ratings last week all round than this and won, so Im not as worried as i first was. The injuries are gonna hurt though for sure. I thought the ratings would torch us this week, but really we didnt play horribly, we just got tired and lost mental focus to stay in the game based off these ratings it seems.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following 9 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

seems to me we have a slightly above average defense, struggling special teams, with a elite passing offense, and non-existent run game.....easy to see how we have a 2-3 record after a stretch of Indy/Tenn/Balt

I still belive we have a shot at the jets. so far we have repsonded with a win after each loss, that is a improvement over last year for sure. So we should be due. Then we have oakland and San fran(who right now is the worst team in the league)....followed by the bye week......a 4-4 or maybe even 5-3 record isnt bad heading into the bye where we can get healthy so depsite all our issues we are still very much alive in the division and the wildcard. Could this be the year we have it all come together after the bye and make a run????.....that being said if we go on on a 2 or 3 game losing streak here we could be screwed

Who knows though, there is alot of football to play and it certainly isnt time for the sky is falling season is over talk. we have issues and concerns all over the team no doubt, but so do lots and lots of other teams that were supposed to be contenders......lets keep the faith pull together and hope for the best from the the next few weeks....we are still very much alive in this season...

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

I'm surprised at cladys grade in the run area as I saw one play where he let his man tackle the runner for a loss.

Also remember seeing haggan miss a tackle that allowed a 8+ yard or so gain come right up the gut.

So it seems all is not lost after all.

Thanks for the stats once again.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

6. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Don't understand how DJ only gets a C when he had 15 tackles which was 6 more than the closest person to him. These ratings are interesting tho. Hope we beat Jets but things don't look good especially with the injuries! I will always keep the faith and optimism tho! Go Broncos!

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Italianmobstr7 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post
    Don't understand how DJ only gets a C when he had 15 tackles which was 6 more than the closest person to him. These ratings are interesting tho. Hope we beat Jets but things don't look good especially with the injuries! I will always keep the faith and optimism tho! Go Broncos!
    his pass coverage was crap and his few attempts to get pressure failed...big picture

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I'm surprised at cladys grade in the run area as I saw one play where he let his man tackle the runner for a loss.

Also remember seeing haggan miss a tackle that allowed a 8+ yard or so gain come right up the gut.

So it seems all is not lost after all.

Thanks for the stats once again.
    there will always be a few here and there, but the whole body of work is what this site look at which is why i like it there are days where i think a player was great and it truns out he wasnt or days when i thought a player sucked becasue of the media, but it turns out he was dominant in another phase of the game like run defense......i love how unbiased it is....it beats listening to the extreme stuff here for instance

we werent as good as were at Tenn against the run, but im thinking had our Nt's held up this game it would have been alot less damage in the 4th qt....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

11. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

I can see the overall picture where they can be stellar all game but get beat on a play or two the ones that really stick out and were plain to see.

Those two plays I mentioned were glaring errors IMO. And they surprised me after hearing glowing reports on them.

Do yuou get more than just DEN team?

If so would be interested in hearing the jets strong and weak points.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I can see the overall picture where they can be stellar all game but get beat on a play or two the ones that really stick out and were plain to see.

Those two plays I mentioned were glaring errors IMO. And they surprised me after hearing glowing reports on them.

Do yuou get more than just DEN team?

If so would be interested in hearing the jets strong and weak points.
    i get all 32 teams......i will have the jets stuff here in a few....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    seems to me we have a slightly above average defense, struggling special teams, with a elite passing offense, and non-existent run game.....easy to see how we have a 2-3 record after a stretch of Indy/Tenn/Balt

I still belive we have a shot at the jets. so far we have repsonded with a win after each loss, that is a improvement over last year for sure. So we should be due. Then we have oakland and San fran(who right now is the worst team in the league)....followed by the bye week......a 4-4 or maybe even 5-3 record isnt bad heading into the bye where we can get healthy so depsite all our issues we are still very much alive in the division and the wildcard. Could this be the year we have it all come together after the bye and make a run????.....that being said if we go on on a 2 or 3 game losing streak here we could be screwed

Who knows though, there is alot of football to play and it certainly isnt time for the sky is falling season is over talk. we have issues and concerns all over the team no doubt, but so do lots and lots of other teams that were supposed to be contenders......lets keep the faith pull together and hope for the best from the the next few weeks....we are still very much alive in this season...
    In general it seems like some of those grades are fairly kind considering how badly we were dominated in every facet of the game on Sunday. I swear Clady and Kuper have got to be hurt still, they just don't look like the same guys.

I'd say Carolina and Buffalo both look quite a bit worse than San Fran... But they are very beatable, as their record would indicate.

I'm an optimistic homer when it comes to the Broncos, and I think our schedule gets quite a bit more manageable after the Jets game. I'm just worried that injuries and morale might make any divisional run impossible if we get spanked by the Jets. At 2-4 with no running game, no pass rush to speak of and a rag tag group of LB's, even I have a tough time envisioning this team stringing together a win streak.

But you never know. Our WR corps, Kyle Orton and Matt Prater give us a chance each week. Somehow we've got to find a way to run the ball... I just don't understand how we can be so inept.

16. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    In general it seems like some of those grades are fairly kind considering how badly we were dominated in every facet of the game on Sunday. I swear Clady and Kuper have got to be hurt still, they just don't look like the same guys.

I'd say Carolina and Buffalo both look quite a bit worse than San Fran... But they are very beatable, as their record would indicate.

I'm an optimistic homer when it comes to the Broncos, and I think our schedule gets quite a bit more manageable after the Jets game. I'm just worried that injuries and morale might make any divisional run impossible if we get spanked by the Jets. At 2-4 with no running game, no pass rush to speak of and a rag tag group of LB's, even I have a tough time envisioning this team stringing together a winning streak.

But you never know. Our WR corps, Kyle Orton and Matt Prater give us a chance each week. Somehow we've got to find a way to run the ball... I just don't understand how we can be so inept.
    thats just it all it takes is one or 2 plays where they give up a long run and go from a B rating to C, but what if the other 48 plays they did there job????

clady had a better week than his last 2 overall....but kuper has been consitently bad since being back in which could be he isnt as good as we all thought...or he is hurt

and the grades arent really that kind......C is average so we had alot of average play, coupled with poor run defense from our interior and a number of penalties that were costly.......sounds about right to me.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

18. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    thats just it all it takes is one or 2 plays where they give up a long run and go from a B rating to C, but what if the other 48 plays they did there job????

clady had a better week than his last 2 overall....but kuper has been consitently bad since being back in which could be he isnt as good as we all thought...or he is hurt

and the grades arent really that kind......C is average so we had alot of average play, coupled with poor run defense from our interior and a number of penalties that were costly.......sounds about right to me.....
    Yeah, I just expected a few more failing grades. Our play was far below average collectively. On offense we didn't make it into the redzone until the 4th qtr if I remember correctly. And Baltimore pretty much moved the ball at will against our defense. Couldn't stop the run, couldn't stop the pass and our blitzes were getting snuffed out at the line of scrimmage.

I remember when Kuper missed the Seattle game he said he could have played if it was just a knee injury, or just an ankle injury, but the two combined made it impossible. So I think he is more hurt than he is letting on. I don't think Denver would have rewarded him with the contract if they weren't confident in his abilities.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Jets ratings for next week

Offense Overal B
    Pass...B
    Run....C
    Run Blocking......C
    Pass Blocking......B
    Penalties......C

Defense Overall......B
    Run Defense.....A
    Pass Rush.....C
    Pass Coverage.....C
    Penalties.....C

Special Teams......B

Denvers Ratings

Offense Overall......D
    Pass Offense......A
    Rush Offense....C-
    Run Block......F
    Pass Block.....C-

Defense Overall.....B
    Run Defense....B
    Pass rush.....C
    Pass Coverage....B
    Penalties.....C

Special Teams......C
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 10-12-2010 at 03:49 AM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Yeah, I just expected a few more failing grades. Our play was far below average collectively. On offense we didn't make it into the redzone until the 4th qtr if I remember correctly. And Baltimore pretty much moved the ball at will against our defense. Couldn't stop the run, couldn't stop the pass and our blitzes were getting snuffed out at the line of scrimmage.

I remember when Kuper missed the Seattle game he said he could have played if it was just a knee injury, or just an ankle injury, but the two combined made it impossible. So I think he is more hurt than he is letting on. I don't think Denver would have rewarded him with the contract if they weren't confident in his abilities.
    it seems to be this week was a few players here and there not executing for instance the run game.....Harris,walton, kuper.....Run defense.....Williams/Bannan/Fields, and then injuries to dawkins/mcbath/ayers didnt help and the penalties like cox Pi giving them the ball on the 1 yd line....

and i also lean towards kuper being hurt more than he sucks, but he did have a off year last year as well.....

I was stunned to find out Hochstein graded best...had no clue that was gonna happen......but these guys will let it be know if a guy failed horribly...i have no doubt in there re-focus articel that willaims and fields are gonna get rolled by them.....

these ratings may seem off because of what we think we saw or the media portrays but they review every play in slow motion.....here is a example of a note they take on each play

"toss play left, LG blown up at LOS, RB misread play, froze at line result 2 yd loss"...in that instance using denver as example both maroney and hochstein were penalized negatively on the play....one more than the other but both take a hit.

the way they start is at zero.....lets say there grading starts off with a 5-7 yd positive run on a RB...he goes from 0.0(C) to 0.2(C)....then lets say that back fumbles or even commits a penalty he goes from 0.2(C) to -0.6(C-) and so on and so forth....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post
    Because frankly, the guys doing this analysis aren't very good at diagnosing what they're seeing. Give them an "A for effort" though.

They've been a pretty heavily discussed topic on a coaching forum I frequent. We have a former college DB coach on there who has pointed out multiple instances where they have misread coverage assignments and sometimes even botched reading zone vs man when giving out their grades. When they're making mistakes like that it's hard to really take them seriously, however if they happened to bring someone into the fold who actually knew what he was seeing, they could be a real player in the fan analysis game.

25. The Following User High Fived Bosco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Because frankly, the guys doing this analysis aren't very good at diagnosing what they're seeing. Give them an "A for effort" though.

They've been a pretty heavily discussed topic on a coaching forum I frequent. We have a former college DB coach on there who has pointed out multiple instances where they have misread coverage assignments and sometimes even botched reading zone vs man when giving out their grades. When they're making mistakes like that it's hard to really take them seriously, however if they happened to bring someone into the fold who actually knew what he was seeing, they could be a real player in the fan analysis game.

they state themsleves that grading of Db's and Wr's in there grading scale formulas isnt always accurate to the T because the TV Broadcast doesnt give them them full picture alot with regards to the route assigments and exact coverage schemes, so there is some guess work there hence the errors.....

they even say themselves that untill they get game tape access they wont be able to always get a accurate judge 100% on DB's and Wr's.....for the most part they are pretty spot on with everything else, and better that any stat website out there by far.....

its all good though i love how everyone knows best, vs a website full of guys that work day and night to analyze the data, and put hours of film viewing in every day while casual fans just sit back and say whats on there mind as if its fact....guess i will bring this stuff elsewhere, where people actually want to look at it......
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 10-12-2010 at 07:49 AM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

27. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information