Thread: Braves announcer Skip Caray dies

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Braves announcer Skip Caray dies

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...=si_topstories

ATLANTA (AP) -- The Atlanta Braves say longtime broadcaster Skip Caray, the son of famous Chicago Cubs voice Harry Caray, has died in his sleep. He was 68 years old.

The team says Skip Caray died in his Atlanta home on Sunday. He had several ailments in the last year but had recovered enough to continue calling Braves home games at Turner Field.

Caray was drawn into broadcasting by his father, a member of the National Baseball Hall of Fame.

Skip Caray was in the middle of his 33rd season with the Braves. The St. Louis native started in local radio and later joined his father at the University of Missouri calling football.

He joined the St. Louis Hawks NBA broadcasting team and followed them to Atlanta in 1968.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Wow, what a shock. We get alot of Atlanta Braves coverage and games here and i always enjoyed listening to him announce. He never over did it by talking to much, and never wore and wore on something till it got real old, real fast. He did a great job at doing his job IMO.

Best wishes to his family.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Skinny For This Post:

I grew up listening to him when I lived in Atlanta, and later when I moved to Denver I would watch TBS religiously. I was always glad when I heard his voice, no matter what the score of the game was. He was a great announcer and will be missed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Sad day.

We only have one member left of the first family of baseball broadcasting...

And now that TBS only does one game a week, we only get to hear Chip one day a week, too...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

May he rest in peace. He seemed like a class act

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information