Poll: How much of the olympics will you watch?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Poll: how much of the olympics will you watch?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post
    I've pretty much just kept it on, or flipped back and forth while I've been home. Also, at work we have 2 52 inch tv monitors (supposed to help us sell AT&T home services) and it's been on there all day at work. I've actually enjoyed watching the olympics. Michael Phelps is an amazing athlete, and I hope he gets all 8 gold medals. He's been putting on amazing show after amazing show. The men's relay race the other day with us coming back to defeat the french was very exciting. I watched water polo this morning with U.S. vs Italy. It was a good match, but I don't really understand the rules except for throwing what looks like a volleyball into soccer net that is set in a pool. I also really like the women's beach volleyball. Not only are May and Walsh great at what they do, but they LOOK great doing it. Go U.S.A.!

hmmmm. . . amazing athlete, OR. . . . pumped so full of weird performance-enhancing juice that he's now barely human. . . which do ya think it is?

i'll agree with you on walsh and may, though. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post

hmmmm. . . amazing athlete, OR. . . . pumped so full of weird performance-enhancing juice that he's now barely human. . . which do ya think it is?

I don't think he is pumped full of anything...IMO he trains/works hard for what he has accomplished.

3. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post

Amazing athlete who has to consume over 12,000 calories per day to fuel his body for the tousands of miles he swims a year.

Only thing he appears to be pumped full of are fried egg sandwichs. It's easy to see that Phelps has bugger all body fat, and his muscles are long and lean as one would expect from a full time swimmer.
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    I can't say for certain what it was like in the past, but this year there IS an age restriction. All those tiny Chinese women on the gymnastics team are all supposedly 16. In order to compete, the rule is that they must turn 16 in the Olympic year. A couple of those Chinese kids could be 10, at the most 12.
    I have watched very little of the Olympics.My daughter has watched them alot.She was watching and hollered at me to come see this girl.She looked to be about
    10-11 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    Amazing athlete who has to consume over 12,000 calories per day to fuel his body for the tousands of miles he swims a year.

Only thing he appears to be pumped full of are fried egg sandwichs. It's easy to see that Phelps has bugger all body fat, and his muscles are long and lean as one would expect from a full time swimmer.
    My husband was telling me about what all he eats for breakfast.It was amazing.He burns it all off too.

Adopted Bronco:

a few years ago, marion jones was also an incredible athlete who worked out twelve hours a day, and i'm sure that phelps really does-- after all, steroids, HGH and all the other weird shit we haven't even heard of isn't going to build a bit of muscle or improve your conditioning the slightest bit if all you're doing is sitting on the couch. . . barry bonds was a fantastic baseball player without the juice, too-- and merriman is still a good football player, just not as amazing as he was with the chemical help. . . when somebody performs at a super-human level, there's usually a reason. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

9. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by KCLady View Post
    My husband was telling me about what all he eats for breakfast.It was amazing.He burns it all off too.
    did he mention the quart of HGH he has with his coffee?

- John Elway

Why do people automatically assume that a winner has cheated?

Add me on Facebook!

12. The Following User High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

KCL

Because we have seen alot of it lately.. and in the chinese cases they probably are..

No one is ever going to convince me those girls on the gymnastic team are 16 and above..

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    Because we have seen alot of it lately.. and in the chinese cases they probably are..

No one is ever going to convince me those girls on the gymnastic team are 16 and above..
    Well I agree on that one. Especially as there have been conflicting interviews and such.

Oh well they have passports, issued by the Government, who wants to win as many golds as possible.

But Phelps has been tested up the wazoo for years on end, peed into god knows how many cups, and given more blood than he probably has in his entire body.

Add me on Facebook!

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

i don't-- you won't catch me accusing kevin garnett or chris paul of juicing, or tiger woods, annika sorestam, or either of the manning brothers (the list could go on, but you get the point). . . however, when someone just utterly dominates, not just on heart or brains, but sheer physical superiority, it becomes a legitmate question-- especially with top performers like bonds, merriman, marion jones and roger clemens getting exposed recently (and that tour de france winner from a few years ago) . . . and particularly when it's a sport that's rife with the use of performance-enhancing drugs. . . FRT, lance armstrong was accused, many, many times, and although they never caught him, i still suspect that he was a juicer-- there is so much undetectable shit it's not even funny, but how many olympians have been busted in the past decade? it's to the point that i assume most of them are doing it in some form, which is one reason i don't watch. . . it's a shame, but IMO the olympics has probably gotten so bad that most of them feel they have to do it just to keep up. . .
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post

- John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I watched quite a bit yesterday morning and around noon. Some of the row boat thingy, Water Polo, and the USA/Spain beach volleyball match which was great.

Watching the Women Volleyball match between USA and Poland right now.

Because they don't believe that someone like Phelps can do what he does by just hard work.The guy does what he does constantly,not just during the
    olympics.

I did watch some of the women's basketball this morning.
    US vs NZ......US was kicking some butt!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information