Thread: Safety Position this Season..

Adopted Bronco:
    Tim Tebow

Default Safety Position this Season..

This is a subject I had been wanting to post about the last few days but work has been hectic. With John Lynch leaving the team to pursue other opportunities. I ask you all, Who do you see replacing him at SS? I have heard alot of talk about Rookies Barrett,who has supposedly been running with the 2nd team these last few days. and this fellow Jack "MF" Williams(Who I believe is listed as a CB).

I know that the rumor mill has Hamza Abdullah projected at FS, Having been added to the starting lineup last year to cover the later half of the season. He seems to be average in speed and overall coverage but seems to be doing a good job reading plays as they develop?

Marlon Mcree has done a serviceable job for San Diego these last few years, he seems to be more of the hard hitter that we have grown accustomed to. Having registered an average of 63 tackles during those last two years for the chargers. He does have the upper hand at experience it would seem. Only 4 int's but that is more then Lynch on the same token.A physical Safety who I think will do well,,

In my humble opinion I believe its going to be a battle between the rookie Barrett and McCree.I think Marquand Manuel will make the roster as a back up.Roderick Rogers, Will be among those cut I believe...Thoughts?

2. The Following User High Fived Tebow4Ever For This Post:

Well there will be cuts over the next few weeks so we may find a serviceable replacement.

None of the existing veteran safeties do anything FOR me and I have not seen the rookie so there may be help on the horizon..

I think safety and MLB will be day one priorities next year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Tim Tebow

We may likely find a replacement. Very true, Though If we went into the season tomorrow. I feel that we would probably be ok. If Hamza can man his side of the field and contribute like he did that last part of last season. We should be ok with Mcree back there, I dont place all that much in Barrett but he has had some nice plays in camp thus far.

Adopted Bronco:
    BMarsh

I think were fine for this year with Hamza being a stud and McCree starting opposite who is solid but only a one year fix type of guy.

Looking forward to somehow landing a top safety. Unless Josh Barrett pans out who has had a great last two days of practice. You can tell once he gets it mentally he could be dangerous with his size and speed.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information