Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread Broncos vs. Titans 10/03/10

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Default Broncos Gameday Thread Broncos vs. Titans 10/03/10

Go Broncos!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

I am hopeful that the Broncos of Denver will be victorious at the end of this game of football.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived honz For This Post:

Chris Johnson may be great but he will be useless when KY er VY is forced to throw to come back from 17 behind. Broncos steal this....easily. (unfortunately I wont have anything to BITCH about )

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Use Tebow for 3rd downs and red zone.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Keep Chris Johnson in check and the Broncos can win this one!
    GO BRONCOS!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Gotta work today for this shutdown so I'll miss the game but it's ok (double time). I hope the BRONCOS play a solid game on all phases and the board is in BRONCOS happyland!!

~~~G O B R O N C O S~~~

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Well guys, I'm about to make the trek up to Nashville! The Broncos are 1-0 in games I've been to, so here's to making it 2-0! Enjoy the game everyone.

13. The Following 7 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

If we actually convert in the red zone on our early drives if we make it there, Chris Johnson becomes less of an option and less of a threat.

I say the Broncos come in and light up the scoreboard, and we expose Vince Young as a head case as he throws for 3 picks!

If we can get a fast start, they will have to pass which plays to our strengths. I don't see any reason we lose this game if we play more like we did against Seattle. I almost think its easier for team to be focused. Its them against the world today, but I will be screaming at my TV. Hope they can hear me!

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

The broncos have improved...each week this season....hope to see more of the same today....GO BRONCOS!!....AND ENJOY THE GAME EVERYONE....
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team that plays Michigan
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates
    5.Oklahoma Lady Sooners Basketball Team

"Don't squander what you're given....make the most of precious time.....life's not only for the living...it's what you leave behind.....Brad Delp & Barry Goudreau

17. The Following User High Fived broncophan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.J. Williams // Demaryius Thomas // Shannon Sharpe

In my opinion , to win today:
    - stop the Titans running game
    - convert in points all red zone opportunities
    - our running game ( it would be nice to have a running back that finishes the game with at least 80 yards and at least a TD, and not 26 yards... )
    - Kyle Orton... Playing like in his first 3 games, connecting with Thomas or whoever will play WR.
    - blitz Vince Young. Watch out for the trick plays that Young likes to make every game...

Hopefully, we can finish as winners, and instead of going 1-3 to be .500 at 2-2

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived RedFalcon For This Post:

Per Lombardi -- Tebow #2 today:

RT @VicLombardi: Sources: Alert: Warning: Breaking news: Tebow #2 today. Methinks he's gonna get some playing time against the Titans. Just a hunch.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Per Lombardi -- Tebow #2 today:

Not that I'm anywhere near Jags, but I want to see this kid in there for specific down and distance plays.

I just posted this in the Tebow is #2 thread, but here's my thoughts on the Broncos wild horse. This is based on what I saw of it last year, and what we saw in the couple plays in game one.

The question was "why not use Tebow on some plays?"

Good question. I'm torn on it. On the one hand, I get worried about Orton being distracted (either worrying about what happens if Tebow plays well or simply because he's taking snaps off mentally), or even gets hurt when he lines up as a WR.

The other concern I have, depending on how the game goes, is whether we can afford to lose those offensive snaps. Obviously, if we pick up yards, or first downs with him running the wild horse, that would change things, but to date, I don't think McD gets the power of the wildcat/wildhog offense.

I said this last year, that the way McDaniels runs it takes away most of the advantages, and therefore it is unlikely to be successful, unless with Tebow he introduces much more run fake, whether it is followed by a run (explained below) or a pass.

The reason is that when the Razorbacks ran it so well with McFadden, and what Miami duplicated, it was a system where virtually ever snap was a play fake.

It would either be two backs lined up in shotgun, or one lined up in shotgun, and a back (or WR) out wide that motions towards the QB during the snap.

Then, McFadden had about five distinct options:
    1. Fake to the other RB and then run up the middle
    2. Fake to the other RB (who runs up middle on the fake) and McF runs wide.
    3. Hand off to the other RB who goes wide (whether from standstill or as part of the motion/sweep), while McF runs up the middle on the run fake.
    4. Hand off to the other RB who runs up the middle, while McF runs wide on a run fake.

Now, I said "about five" and listed four, because of the pass component. I'm calling the "pass" as the fifth option, but it take multiple forms. The "pass option" was added to the first two options listed above.

Sometimes from shotgun, he would fake the handoff and then throw from a traditional shotgun QB location. Other times he would fake a handoff up the middle, then run/rollout wide (he typically did it to the left), and then as the defense came up to stop him from running, he would float a touch pass over their heads to a TE or someone shadowing his roll to the left.

In the wild horse, we have almost none of those components, which makes its chance of success very low. In ours, they line the QB out wide, and then an RB or Tebow is in shotgun, and then either the RB takes the snap and runs up the middle, or the QB motions over and goes under center.

It lacks the misdirection of the play fakes to other backs, which in the Razorback/Miami wildcat/wild hog created confusion on the defense, because they didn't know where to collapse its run coverage.

24. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Goodman out:

RT @thegarymiller: Andre Gooidman inactive

Inactives

RT @jwyattsports: Denver inactives vs. #Titans: Goodman, Moreno, Larsen, Woodyard, Olsen, Clark, Richard Quinn. Brady Quinn is the third QB, Tebow the 2

27. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information