Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We set a record today! Fewest rushing yards! Yay!

Default We (almost) set a record today! Fewest rushing yards! Yay!

When we were sitting on only 6 yards rushing today, the announcers said the Broncos record for fewest rushing yards in a game was 13, set in 1972. Today we ended the game with 19 YARDS RUSHING, for a 1 YPC AVERAGE, a new franchise record! Kyle Orton was our leading rusher, 11 yards on 3 attempts. Maroney had 11 carries for 5 yards for .45 ypc, and Bucky had 3 yards on 6 attempts for .5 yards. WOOHOO!

I'll take the win, ugly as it was, but holy crap, our run game s-u-c-k-s, sucks, sucks, sucks.
    Last edited by scott.475; 10-03-2010 at 04:13 PM. Reason: to make correction to historical number

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

We won so im happy with the win. But, this wont cut it late in the year.

3. The Following 8 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

I thought they said lowest was 13 yards, but maybe I'm wrong.

Either way, 19 all game.... PA-THET-IC!

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton Bronco Fan View Post

I think '72 was the lowest YPC, not sure if it was the lowest total.

I can't believe you're celebrating the lack of rushing yards, over the fact that Denver actually won the game.

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.J. Williams // Demaryius Thomas // Shannon Sharpe

I love our running game... It can't get worst!!!!! What can we do worst..running the whole game for no gain? That would be a first.... I do hope that one of these days, McD will change something in our running game. We cannot always win games with Orton passing and Defense trying to make plays. Not all teams we're gonna play against are the Titans...

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton Bronco Fan View Post

I went back and checked Tivo, and you are correct, 13 was the number.

boy that knowshon moreno sucks.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I can't believe you're celebrating the lack of rushing yards, over the fact that Denver actually won the game.
    Look, I am pleased as punch we won, but do you honestly have no concerns about our run game? As I said in my original post, I'll gladly take the win, but 20 yards for an entire game? Our QB was the leading rushing with 11 whole yards? I am happy as heck with our passing for the most part, and our D, but we can't afford to be a one dimensional offense, can we?
    Last edited by GEM; 10-04-2010 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Deleted Quote and fallout.

13. The Following User High Fived scott.475 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    boy that knowshon moreno sucks.
    Come on, give him a break. He was our only back not to get stopped behind the LOS today....

15. The Following 7 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by scott.475 View Post
    Look, I am pleased as punch we won, but do you honestly have no concerns about our run game? As I said in my original post, I'll gladly take the win, but 20 yards for an entire game? Our QB was the leading rushing with 11 whole yards? I am happy as heck with our passing for the most part, and our D, but we can't afford to be a one dimensional offense, can we?
    I would say 75% of teams in the NFL have concerns. I certainly wasn't coing into this season "concern free".

Here's some points why I'm not overly concerned of the run game after today:

1) We have been bad in the run game all 4 games, actually, we've been bad dating back to the middle of the season last year. Your thread suggests shocking concern over the run game. Were you expecting it to somehow change today against Tennessee?

2) We have a decimated backfield. I would be surprised if we actually came out of today running with some success.

3) Our oline is hurt/inexperienced. We have a rookie center, which is one of the hardest positions for a rookie to play in the NFL. Clady has been struggling all year, and needs to find his groove. Ryan WIlliams? Stanley Daniels? There aren't many/if any RB's/systems that could run the ball successfully with the current state our oline is in.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

It's called a sense of humor.

19. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

It's easier to jump on the negative, silky.

I'd think beating a 2-1 team with the best rb in the league, and the #5 pass D, would be more of a headline......but that's just me.

New Headline Idea:

Orton Sacked 6X! Only 2/7 in TD's/RedZone! Bring in Tebow!!!!!

Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

21. The Following User High Fived rcsodak For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

Moreno's 2.5 looks pretty good right about now haha.

Am I the only person here who would prefer to see a 3rd and 4 or 5 rather than a 3rd and 1? I feel like we have a better chance picking up 5 yards through the air than 1 yard on the ground.

When we were down on the 1 at the end of the game and got that illegal formation penalty that pushed us back to the 6, I was actually relieved because I didnt think we could punch it in from the 1.

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived LRtagger For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Come on, give him a break. He was our only back not to get stopped behind the LOS today....
    The problem today, was Tenn was shooting the gaps on the way to Orton, and meeting the rb's head-on.

This was the 1st game back for Harris....2nd for Kuper. As long as nobody goes down, AGAIN, they'll hopefully start gelling every time they're out there.

I saw some nice runs, finally, but they were negated by holding calls. Maybe Denver should start changing their glove colors to match their opponents, so holding isn't so obvious.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived rcsodak For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information