Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Manny Ramriez is a POS

Default Manny Ramriez is a POS

Even though I am a Dodger fan, I also love my hometown Sox 2nd after LA.

Manny Ramirez is a douche right now.

He needs to go. I hope the Sox get Jason Bay and get rid of this oversized 3 year old crybaby who has not hustled in years. Thank God I dont have to show my son Manny being a role model. Manny Sucks.

Dustin Pedrioa is a role model over this jerk.
    This has been a bad week for Sox fans as the Yanks and Angels got marketly better and the Sox are playing like crap.

Here is the Yahoo story

Did Manny just cash his ticket to Miami with this quote?
    By 'Duk
    Earlier this afternoon, the Marlins were said to be holding a slim chance of pulling of a trade for Manny Ramirez.

But after reading tonight's bellyache du jour from the man himself I'd be willing to bet that motivated sellers on Miami's Star Island might be able to soon unload their property on a newly-located Ramirez.

From ESPNDeportes:

"The Red Sox don't deserve a player like me," Ramirez said. "During my years here, I've seen how they [the Red Sox] have mistreated other great players when they didn't want them to try to turn the fans against them.

"The Red Sox did the same with guys like Nomar Garciaparra and Pedro Martinez, and now they do the same with me. Their goal is to paint me as the bad guy," Ramirez added. "I love Boston fans, but the Red Sox don't deserve me. I'm not talking about money. Mental peace has no price, and I don't have peace here."

I have never understood the issues that Ramirez has with a city and fanbase that throws itself at its baseball stars, but I've always thought the Manny headache was one worth tolerating for the Red Sox. After this statement, which basically dares Boston to go ahead and trade him, I'm not so sure. If the Red Sox can work out this three-way trade that lands them Jason Bay from the Pirates, it's time to go ahead and do it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...?urn=mlb,97458

2. The Following User High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

This picture is worth a thousand words.......

This has gotten bad for both parties. There's only one thing left to do now. I love ManRam as a player but this is ridiculous

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Does he have any options left? Send him down to AAA, that would be funny

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Does he have any options left? Send him down to AAA, that would be funny
    lol he has no options left sneakers but I like the way you think

Quote Originally Posted by Chidoze View Post
    This picture is worth a thousand words.......

This has gotten bad for both parties. There's only one thing left to do now. I love ManRam as a player but this is ridiculous
    its sad he has to be such a baby about all of this.

one of the best hitters of all time
    but one of the dumbest when it comes to common sense as well

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    Even though I am a Dodger fan, I also love my hometown Sox 2nd after LA.

Manny Ramirez is a douche right now.

He needs to go. I hope the Sox get Jason Bay and get rid of this oversized 3 year old crybaby who has not hustled in years. Thank God I dont have to show my son Manny being a role model. Manny Sucks.

Dustin Pedrioa is a role model over this jerk.
    This has been a bad week for Sox fans as the Yanks and Angels got marketly better and the Sox are playing like crap.

Here is the Yahoo story

Did Manny just cash his ticket to Miami with this quote?
    By 'Duk
    Earlier this afternoon, the Marlins were said to be holding a slim chance of pulling of a trade for Manny Ramirez.

But after reading tonight's bellyache du jour from the man himself I'd be willing to bet that motivated sellers on Miami's Star Island might be able to soon unload their property on a newly-located Ramirez.

From ESPNDeportes:

"The Red Sox don't deserve a player like me," Ramirez said. "During my years here, I've seen how they [the Red Sox] have mistreated other great players when they didn't want them to try to turn the fans against them.

"The Red Sox did the same with guys like Nomar Garciaparra and Pedro Martinez, and now they do the same with me. Their goal is to paint me as the bad guy," Ramirez added. "I love Boston fans, but the Red Sox don't deserve me. I'm not talking about money. Mental peace has no price, and I don't have peace here."

I have never understood the issues that Ramirez has with a city and fanbase that throws itself at its baseball stars, but I've always thought the Manny headache was one worth tolerating for the Red Sox. After this statement, which basically dares Boston to go ahead and trade him, I'm not so sure. If the Red Sox can work out this three-way trade that lands them Jason Bay from the Pirates, it's time to go ahead and do it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...?urn=mlb,97458
    OOPS Med - looks like he is going to your FAVORITE TEAM - You can't get away from him:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Sources: Manny to LA, Bay to Boston
    MLB.com

Manny Ramirez is going to the Dodgers.

The Red Sox, Dodgers and Pirates have agreed to a deal, according to sources, in which Ramirez will go to Los Angeles, outfielder Jason Bay will go from Pittsburgh to Boston and the Pirates will receive outfielder Brandon Moss and pitcher Craig Hansen from the Red Sox and third baseman Andy LaRoche and pitcher Bryan Morris from the Dodgers.

The Pirates have called a 5:30 p.m. ET press conference.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

8. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

I am so mad he went to LA.

Go Rockies!!!
    "Get your ass down to first base and shut up!" -- Troy Tulowitzki

"The other sports are just sports, baseball is love." -- Bryant Gumbel

Medford = Owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Medford = Owned.
    Yeah but the Dodgers might get better.

I still want to puke though.

Good for the Sox I guess I am partially happy lol

Torre can handle him I think

12. The Following User High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Talk about ironic, Med. Manny going from your #2 favorite, to your #1 favorite team.....

Cant wait to see Manny being Manny in L.A.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Chidoze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Welcome to LA Manny...I was hoping this would go down...

Manny
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Med, I'm not a Manny fan, but I don't remember Red Sox fans having a problem with Manny-being-Manny when he was a big part of them winning 2 WS after 85 years of futility.

Would they have won without Manny? Don't know? It's also hard to put up with his stuff year after year, but he is still going to be a Red Sox HOFer.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

I love Manny. He is a fun part of this game. Who was that guy who he was just stroking the guy's hair and then putting his arm around him? Had the announcers were crying "Make it stop! Make it stop!"

I want him in The Bronx next year. I'll take the bad with the good because when you list all those Manny being Manny incidents, they are DWARFED by his clutch hits. DWARFED. And I'm glad he's out of Boston. He's my favorite non-Yankee of all time along with Dave Henderson.

P.S. Ha ha Med.

20. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post

P.S. Ha ha Med.

lol DS

Yes I guess I got owned like Dream said, but remember I live here and have read about this crap for Years. He was a cancer on this years Sox team, no question.

I hope the Dodgers win the division at least. Torre can handle all types so He might do well. Its not like I will ever root against any of my teams.

Romanowski was a POS on the Broncos but helped win 2 SBs.
    so root for your team without liking the player.

and BigDaddyBronco. I have loathed Manny since he did not run out a ground ball in 2001 when he just went into the dugout without running. If I were the pitcher for Tampa I would have thrown the ball into the stands and Manny would have been out because of being out of the baseline.

I am a purist. I love the NL over the AL because of strategy.

I pitched through high school and the pitchers hit.
    I love that Carlos Zambrano is a great hitter. Its awesome for the game. Just my take

22. The Following 5 Users High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information