Thread: iPod help

Default iPod help

I bought an iPod recently, so this is new to me. I don't use iTunes to buy songs. I have another source I use. I drag and drop the songs onto the iTunes playlist but they don't show up on the iPod. Also, I have songs deleted from the playlist, but they're still on the iPod. What am I doing wrong? I've hit the "sync" option a few times and still no change.
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

You have to right click your IPOD in the left column. Select create playlist and a new folder will appear in your IPOD. You drag your songs from the Itunes player/main list to your playlist in the left column.

As for the songs on your IPOD, select the first song, go to edit and select all. Right, click delete.

Thanks Noob. I didn't check enough boxes in the sync window. I'll keep this thread open because I'm sure I'll find more things to ask questions about. I'm a "skip the directions and learn as I go" type of person. Sometimes, that doesn't always work out well.
    This space available for lease.

4. The Following User High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

or go to add file, or add folder to library. That way you can take all the music on your computer in one folder and add it to itunes.

Thats what I do.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

while we are asking

I have an older IPOD with a lot of old favorites on it and got a new IMAC to replace my old dell.

I now want to transfer the songs from the IPOD to the mac and it tells me the computer is different than the original computer. is there any way around this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    while we are asking

I have an older IPOD with a lot of old favorites on it and got a new IMAC to replace my old dell.

I now want to transfer the songs from the IPOD to the mac and it tells me the computer is different than the original computer. is there any way around this.
    To my knowledge, you cant transfer songs from an Ipod back onto a computer because the songs that make it on the Ipod are "read" only. But, if your asking that when you plug your Ipod into a different computer you get that message than you may end up deleting the old songs if the Ipod tries to sync onto the Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    To my knowledge, you cant transfer songs from an Ipod back onto a computer because the songs that make it on the Ipod are "read" only. But, if your asking that when you plug your Ipod into a different computer you get that message than you may end up deleting the old songs if the Ipod tries to sync onto the Mac.
    Thanks I know my daughter did it when she got her notebook mac I'll ask her thanks for responding.

9. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Yep, I was going thru that same problem. I would create playlists and hit sync and still couldnt get those playlists to show up on my ipod..Oh, it bout drove me nuts and I bout gave up after trying about 100 times. LOL...finally someone showed me that I needed to drag the playlists and drop them into device on the left hand column. then hit sync and bingo...good luck...

11. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information