Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Dark Knight Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    True, but my friend saw a screening of Tropic Thunder and said Cruise had a VERY funny cameo role in it.
    ok, so he's a walking punchline? good, i guess gary coleman, michael jackson, and vanilla ice were getting lonely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    ok, so he's a walking punchline? good, i guess gary coleman, michael jackson, and vanilla ice were getting lonely.
    No, I guess he plays some old bald guy with a gut. I'm no Cruise fan, but it sounds ok to me.

EDIT: Also, if they do what I think they are doing, Daniel Day Lewis would be perfect as an older Joker in the next one.
    I'm sorry, but no one can re-create Ledger's performance of The Joker. It was special, it can never be done the exact same way. Just let it be and let it go down as the most unique performance of all time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    I'm sorry, but no one can re-create Ledger's performance of The Joker. It was special, it can never be done the exact same way. Just let it be and let it go down as the most unique performance of all time.
    Thats true, but the Joker was a great character before Ledger did him justice on the screen. The story must come first, and I'm sure someone could emulate the great performance (but probably not outdo it). It would be hard not to have him come back, the Joker is the Lex Luthor to Batman.

Thats true, but the Joker was a great character before Ledger did him justice on the screen. The story must come first, and I'm sure someone could emulate the great performance (but probably not outdo it). It would be hard not to have him come back, the Joker is the Lex Luthor to Batman.
    'old joker' would probably be a good way around the problem. no one should try to recreate ledger's performance, or carry it on, but if you let some time pass in the story, changes are allowed to happen, and the character can be modified without having to ask too many questions, then as an older character, the new actor can take what ledger did in mind, but will be allowed to take his own approach to the character, without having it change too much.
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Best...scene...ever!

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Retired_Member_001 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    'old joker' would probably be a good way around the problem. no one should try to recreate ledger's performance, or carry it on, but if you let some time pass in the story, changes are allowed to happen, and the character can be modified without having to ask too many questions, then as an older character, the new actor can take what ledger did in mind, but will be allowed to take his own approach to the character, without having it change too much.
    Possibly after the next movie they could bring him back. I still don't like the idea though. Every actor has their own version of a particular character. There are only a handful of actors who could play the role so well, but only Heath Ledger could perform the same Joker.

A new actor will give us a new Joker, and possibly, not as good of a performance.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Believe what you read and you’ll hear that The Dark Knight is as good as The Godfather II...
    No way. Not even as good as Empire Strikes Back IMO.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

LOVED this movie...

Heath Ledger blew me away!

BRONCOS @ FALCONS
    NOVEMBER 16, 2008

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

You know who might be a good joker? The guy on Prison Break. T-bag. He's could be a really twisted joker. Probably won't happen though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Robert Downey Jr as The Joker:

"I'm the dude protecting the identity of the dude that's disguised as another dude"......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

13. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

"The Dark Knight" is still on the tip of everyone's tongue. But now, instead of folks breathlessly asking each other if they've seen it, talk has turned to speculation over Batman's next foe. Who's it gonna be?

iVillage is reporting that the Caped Crusader may take on the Riddler in "Batman 3." According to the rumor mill, Johnny Depp might sign on to play the nefarious super-criminal. But caveat emptor—this could be just as false as the one about Crispin Glover playing the Joker.

Slashfilm notes that there are additional possibilities floating around. For instance, Phillip Seymour Hoffman may play the Penguin or Angelina Jolie could don Catwoman's skin-tight suit. Truth or fiction, fanboys around the world must be having a heart attack at the mere possibility.

Still, the "official" rumor mill is just one of the ways superfans are checking in on the next Batman flick. Many seek the scoop themselves. We've noticed impressive searches on "batman 3 rumors," "dark knight sequel casting rumors," and "batman's next villain."

That last query is very telling. People clearly want to know the answer, but we doubt even the filmmakers have decided. To that end, may we offer the studio execs this humble piece of Search-informed advice: Go with Catwoman. She's far-and-away the most popular baddie and there are already a slew of searches on possible cast members including Jessica Biel, Amy Adams, and, wait for it, Maggie Gyllenhaal. Do fans think Rachel Dawes, Bruce Wayne's one-and-only, was really the Catwoman all along?

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/91673

catwoman is friggin lame

16. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Robert Downey Jr as The Joker:

"I'm the dude protecting the identity of the dude that's disguised as another dude"......
    The word in the herd is that if the "old joker" route is taken then they are going to go after Daniel Day Lewis to play him....How freaking great would that be. Think of "Bill the Butcher" from Gangs of New York combined with "Daniel Plainview" from There Will be Blood. No one would be forgetting Ledger but Lewis definitely casts a loooong shadow...
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information