Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dark Knight Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    My wife was telling me this morning that there was some talk about the next Batman plot possibility. Word is (or rumor) that Depp may play the Riddler and that the girl (or character) who died in Dark Knight somehow survived and will be Catwoman. But again, those are rumors.
    ***SPOILERS WITHIN***
    Oh you might be right! Did they ever show the girl actually dying, or just the view from the exploding warehouse? That would be an interesting, but slightly predictable plot...
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

2. The Following User High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Broncospsycho77 View Post
    ***SPOILERS WITHIN***
    Oh you might be right! Did they ever show the girl actually dying, or just the view from the exploding warehouse? That would be an interesting, but slightly predictable plot...

From what i remember it was just the explosion. I dont think we ever saw a body or anything.

I read somewhere online that Nolan was not crazy about following the Catwoman line. But you never know.

Personally, I think Rachel is dead. I think that she was what kept Batman - Bruce Wayne. His hope that one day he could give up Batman and become Bruce Wayne. I think that is why Alfred burned up her letter before Bruce read it. Something like that could trip the balance and turn Batman into Joker or 2-face. That was how I looked at it anyways.

One thing I wondered though...I thought Batman told Gordan that he was going after Rachel (when Gordon asked which one was he going after). I guess the Joker intentionally switched the addresses knowing that Batman would choose Rachel?

5. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

One thing I wondered though...I thought Batman told Gordan that he was going after Rachel (when Gordon asked which one was he going after). I guess the Joker intentionally switched the addresses knowing that Batman would choose Rachel?
    Yea, i think so. I think that is what made the Joker so clever in this movie. He was generally one step ahead all the time.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Yea, i think so. I think that is what made the Joker so clever in this movie. He was generally one step ahead all the time.
    Oh man, I didn't think of that either.

I just thought that Batman said one thing because the police would try to follow him or whatever and he went to the other one alone... kudos to the writing staff for that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

9. The Following User High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

My wife was telling me this morning that there was some talk about the next Batman plot possibility. Word is (or rumor) that Depp may play the Riddler and that the girl (or character) who died in Dark Knight somehow survived and will be Catwoman. But again, those are rumors.
    I don't think Batman's girl will come back. It shows her face just at the moment of blast. If she survived that, it would just make things completely unrealistic.

I honestly believe that if Heath Ledger was alive, he would come back and play the Joker for at least 1 more movie, possibly two. I hope they don't have another actor try to play The Joker. No actor in the world fits that role as well as Heath Ledger.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Retired_Member_001 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

Good suggestion. However, I do believe that if Batman didn't know that Harvey was going to be in there, he would be shocked to see him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    I don't think Batman's girl will come back. It shows her face just at the moment of blast. If she survived that, it would just make things completely unrealistic.

I honestly believe that if Heath Ledger was alive, he would come back and play the Joker for at least 1 more movie, possibly two. I hope they don't have another actor try to play The Joker. No actor in the world fits that role as well as Heath Ledger.

Yea, i can honestly say that Ledger went far beyond my expectations and i wasnt even a fan of his. Nicholson was great in his Joker role (for what it was) but Heath was far superior to me. But again, i like the darker versions better than the poppier versions prior to this series.

14. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    Good suggestion. However, I do believe that if Batman didn't know that Harvey was going to be in there, he would be shocked to see him.
    Actually, i believe he was. When he first shows up and sees Dent Batman takes a glimpse around as if looking for someone else (if i remember correctly) and seemed shocked not to find the girl. Thats how i saw it anyway. I remember thinking that exact moment that Joker had done it too him again.

i definitely thought that the joke had screwed batman by telling them the addresses in reverse.

is it just me that's glad she died? i don't think i could stand another movie with her as the 'love interest.'

this might sound insensitive, but i didn't really care that ledger died until i saw this movie, now i'm freaking mourning him like he was the pope...

i heard that philip seymore hoffman might be an option to play the penguin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    i definitely thought that the joke had screwed batman by telling them the addresses in reverse.

is it just me that's glad she died? i don't think i could stand another movie with her as the 'love interest.'

this might sound insensitive, but i didn't really care that ledger died until i saw this movie, now i'm freaking mourning him like he was the pope...

i heard that philip seymore hoffman might be an option to play the penguin.
    There's been rumors of Daniel Day Lewis being up for the part of the Joker for the next one which could be interesting (especially after his speech re: Ledger at the Oscars). And yes, I agree that Rachel getting killed was necessary not only for Harvey to go nuts and be angry with Batman and everyone, but also to pave the way for Catwoman. They even referenced the new bat suit being able to withstand a cat in this one, foreshadowing maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    There's been rumors of Daniel Day Lewis being up for the part of the Joker for the next one which could be interesting (especially after his speech re: Ledger at the Oscars). And yes, I agree that Rachel getting killed was necessary not only for Harvey to go nuts and be angry with Batman and everyone, but also to pave the way for Catwoman. They even referenced the new bat suit being able to withstand a cat in this one, foreshadowing maybe?
    wow... you just put me at a crossroads in life.. i am a HUGE DDL fan, but i don't know if i'd want to see him in a batman movie.

maybe i'm too hung up on the old ones where the charicters aren't all that legitimate, but he's just too good to be in a superhero movie... maybe not, he might kill it... wow, that's def something to think about... DDL FTW.

i'm sure one of you can answer this... i didn't pay enough attention during the first one, but was maggie gyllenhall the same character that katie holmes played in the first one? i assumed so, cause if they aren't, it doesn't make sense lol.
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

wow... you just put me at a crossroads in life.. i am a HUGE DDL fan, but i don't know if i'd want to see him in a batman movie.

maybe i'm too hung up on the old ones where the charicters aren't all that legitimate, but he's just too good to be in a superhero movie... maybe not, he might kill it... wow, that's def something to think about... DDL FTW.

i'm sure one of you can answer this... i didn't pay enough attention during the first one, but was maggie gyllenhall the same character that katie holmes played in the first one? i assumed so, cause if they aren't, it doesn't make sense lol.
    Yes, same character. Tom Cruise wouldn't let Katie do the new movie or something...

EDIT: Also, if they do what I think they are doing, Daniel Day Lewis would be perfect as an older Joker in the next one. The Director of the new Batmans (Nolan) is basing his movies off the best Batman Graphic Novels. Batman Begins was loosely based on Batman: Year One and The Dark Knight was very similair to the Killing Joke and The Long Halloween. If the trend continues, the next one could be based on The Dark Knight Returns (by Frank Miller of 300 and Sin City Fame) where a retired Batman comes back to lay some hurt and actually ends up killing the Joker and faking his own death. I think it would be cool to end the new series with the actual end of an older Batman to leave no opening IF they make a third movie. Also I recommend all the graphic novels I listed highly to anyone who likes the new movies, some of the scenes are pulled directly from the comic panels.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 08-06-2008 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Yes, same character. Tom Cruise wouldn't let Katie do the new movie or something...
    man... eff that guy. he no longer serves any positive purpose on earth.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

man... eff that guy. he no longer serves any positive purpose on earth.
    True, but my friend saw a screening of Tropic Thunder and said Cruise had a VERY funny cameo role in it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information